Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The fact that people are calling today routine or standard just shows how utterly incredible he is. We've become almost used to his brilliance.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
The fact that people are calling today routine or standard just shows how utterly incredible he is. We've become almost used to his brilliance.
It would've been bad if any keeper let the first two attempts in. They were good shots, but he didn't have to move much. Great reflexes though.

Also, does anyone have a vine/video/gif of the save that kept it at 1-1? I turned off the match when they equalised, so I missed it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It would've been bad if any keeper let the first two attempts in. They were good shots, but he didn't have to move much. Great reflexes though.

Also, does anyone have a vine/video/gif of the save that kept it at 1-1? I turned off the match when they equalised, so I missed it.

You see those goes in quite often... the power on the strike will beat the keeper and everyone would say "There was just too much power on the strike"... It's a super save

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I thought that save from Ivanovic's excellent shot was absolutely incredible - the speed of Dave's reaction (even in the replay!) was amazing...yet it's being played down as if it was all about Ivanovic's supposed "Zidane-like skill".

prarek

I saw Banks and Schmeichel in their prime, and De Gea is certainly in that class. I just hope we can hang on to him.
Whatever chance we had of keeping him will be gone when Mourinho arrives and gets rid of his spanish mates.

Lennon7

You see those goes in quite often... the power on the strike will beat the keeper and everyone would say "There was just too much power on the strike"... It's a super save
You not got the 1-1 save? And yeah yeah I understand that but they weren't unbelievable saves.

criticalanalysis

I thought the Fabregas save was pretty good. It was towards his inside post. Done very well to palm it out. The Ivanovic was a good palm above him (generally keepers don't get beaten in those situations above their head because it's more natural to save those).

Anyways most games I don't even both thinking about De Gea's performance because he's just been bloody brilliant. I almost forget or 'don't care' about it. His level for us is insane.

Spock

Can somebody explain how De Gea has an average rating of only 6.8 here?

6.8 Average rating
7.6 Your rating
30 Appearances
13 Clean sheets

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja

6.8 Average rating
7.6 Your rating
30 Appearances
13 Clean sheets
It's kind of hard to rate a keeper anything more than a 5 if they don't have much to do. Even just a handful of games like that drags it down quite a bit.

Spock

It's kind of hard to rate a keeper anything more than a 5 if they don't have much to do. Even just a handful of games like that drags it down quite a bit.
I'm not sure about the premise but whether a "do nothing" game merits a 5 or a 6 but I'm quite sure De Gea has had only one or two games where he's had nothing to do.

I also have to believe that De Gea has more MOTMs under his belt than anyone else on the squad.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I saw Banks and Schmeichel in their prime, and De Gea is certainly in that class. I just hope we can hang on to him.
As it is, I think he has now served his dues and owes us nothing. We either sort out our act and start challenging for trophies or we dont deserve a player of his calibre.

Lennon7

That was good. Lower saves are always harder, although Costa's shot was no where near as strong as the other two. All three were good saves but Jesus the praise for them is a bit much :lol:

pseudo_canadian

Devil may care

6.8 Average rating
7.6 Your rating
30 Appearances
13 Clean sheets
You have the same rating as me. :D He's consistently a 7 due to his distribution and calming effect on the defense.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I still dont think our perfomances have much to do with him wanting to leave.

I think he just wants go home and play for the biggest club in his homeland. Also, the Eduerne factor is massive.

I just Fifa and the CAS can get through the abitration process in time before the end of the season.

Smores

I just fail to see why he'd stay to be honest. He shouldn't be wasting his time playing for a club out of the champions league.

Think we had our chance to keep him by showing we could compete but have completely blown it. At least he's young so if we can show some ambition he may stock around for a bit longer.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's almost certainly gone in the summer barring a miracle like last year. The signing of the contract was just convenient for all concerned.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I agree, not a great performance from him today. The first goal I found particularly disappointing, felt he should have kept that out. The second as well he could have likely done better with, but the fault for that one lies with Smalling. The sunderland player had a free run at the ball and DDG had to deal with a powerful header from close range as a result.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If we are not in champions league and looking unlikely. Then the small chance of him staying will be even smaller. Looks like we will get worse before we get better what a disaster since Fergie went!

facund

Mistakes happen but I don't think either of them were howlers. He has done more than enough to have earned tolerance of the odd sub-par game (he still made some very good saves today as well).
He has done really well to keep himself focussed and motivated after the transfer saga and throughout a clusterf*ck of a season. He will be one of the few to come out of the season with an enhanced reputation and I will be amazed if we manage to cling on to him.

Blodssvik

Can't blame the keeper if you allow opponents to cannonball it towards the goal from short distance with their head. If a bad day Sunderland would now be equal on goals with us.

Mindhunter

Can't blame him for the first goal. The turf around the goalkeeper box was in a bad state and a huge lump of turf came off when he dived for the save.

The second one would have been a great save if he pulled it off. We are used to him saving due to the high standards he has set.

ZDwyr

Yeah he didn't make any bad mistakes, just not as sharp as he can be. A shame that some others couldn't help him out considering the number of times he has saved their blushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.