g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
David de Gea image 1

David de Gea Spain flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

XdanielredX

The Spanish goalkeeper almost moved to Los Blancos last summer, but The Telegraph report he's now set on staying in the Premier League.

David De Gea wants to stay at Manchester United long term - even if Real Madrid come back in for him this month.

The Spanish giants will appeal a transfer ban they were handed last week, but if unsuccessful they will be unable to sign players until the summer of 2017.

However, they are still able to sign players in the January window and they may be tempted to revive their interest in De Gea.

A move for the Spanish goalkeeper failed to materialise last summer, with the necessary paper work not submitted in time.

De Gea subsequently signed a new four-year deal at Old Trafford and The Telegraph say he will knock back any attempt Madrid make to lure him back to the Spanish capital.

I want to believe.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What's the situation between him and his fiancé? are they still together and if so, is she often spotted in Manchester?

ricky-romeo

we need to start having a team capable of winning trophies for this guy.

he'll be up there with shcmikes and van der sar as our best ever and he deserves to win more than just the 1 PL tittle in 4 seasons he has been here.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I just think Madrid aren't really interested and he realizes it.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Nah, I'm sure they're just as interested as last summer. Balague said a couple of days ago that if they get their ban overturned, their priorities will be Lewandowski and De Gea.

De Gea wanting to stay and become club legend is not impossible, especially after his transfer collapsed last summer and we all know if was their fault. Maybe he just isn't interested in a return to Madrid anymore.

prath92

They want De Gea as an ego issue more like. I doubt its an actual need as Navas is more than capable of playing there as he has shown this season. They really need to replace Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Ronaldo at the least. Thats not including Benzema,Modric who will soon turn 30 as well.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Nah, I'm sure they're just as interested as last summer. Balague said a couple of days ago that if they get their ban overturned, their priorities will be Lewandowski and De Gea.

De Gea wanting to stay and become club legend is not impossible, especially after his transfer collapsed last summer and we all know if was their fault. Maybe he just isn't interested in a return to Madrid anymore.
What I mean is that he isn't a priority. If he was their first bid wou have come on the last day of the window. They were prepared to pay more for Kovacic than they paid for De Gea. Imagine that?

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
What I mean is that he isn't a priority. If he was their first bid wou have come on the last day of the window. They were prepared to pay more for Kovacic than they paid for De Gea. Imagine that?
I guess the general reluctance of the clubs to pay big bucks for keepers and the De Gea contract situations played a part in Madrid's low-ball offers.

As for the timing of the bid I agree it didn't point to De Gea being a priority (especially after they had already signed Casilla), but according to Perez, we'd refused to negotiate until the last day of the window (if I remember correctly). Don't think he was telling the truth as he's a muppet, but them waiting until the last moment makes some sense as by the end of the window, we'd have been more worried about losing him on a free a year later and I think that's what Perez waited for in order to get De Gea for less money.

Man Utd 0:1 Southampton

Devil may care

Despite the way things went at the last minute in the summer he has been excellent this season, we certainly have gotten his best and if he goes this summer I'll wish him well.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Maybe I'm paranoid but I can see Real coming in on deadline day this transfer window just to spite us.

Sylar

If he hands in a transfer request or wants to leave, I really cant blame him.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
The last Costa save was good but the others looked pretty routine from the glimpse I got of them.

ottosec

I voted him man of the match, but these days every standard save he makes gets hailed as world-class...

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Wouldn't blame him if he joins Madrid. We are on the decline and he is in the prime of his career. He should think about himself too.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Wouldn't blame him if he joins Madrid. We are on the decline and he is in the prime of his career. He should think about himself too.
Its not like Madrid are winning every trophy there. They still have to contend with Barca.

Traub

If LVG goes, can we keep the goalkeeping coach? DDG has improved quite a lot in the past two seasons.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That save from ivanovic was insane, he made it look so easy like it was from 30 yards out!

Can't believe how fast his reactions are and how strong his wrists must be. Best in the world for me.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feel like he would've saved Diego Costa's shot at the end had CBJ not blocked it. Was in god mode today with his goalkeeping. A shame the block made it impossible for him to do anything

peridigm

We would have been so fecked if he went to Madrid, like 7th or 8th fecked.

We need to give him whatever he wants to stay here for 10 years.
What's the latest on that Madrid transfer ban? Could be our only hope for next season. Either that or we appoint a world class manager and he decides to stay. If LVG or Giggs is the manager next season, bye bye Dave.

Skills

Snitch
If LVG goes, can we keep the goalkeeping coach? DDG has improved quite a lot in the past two seasons.
People were crying over Steele and then Woods leaving too. He's just a class act who'd thrive under any coach.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
People were crying over Steele and then Woods leaving too. He's just a class act who'd thrive under any coach.
Yep, De Gea has shown progressive improvement inspite of constant goalkeeping coach changes. We thought he might step take a step back after each upheavel, but it's yet to happen. Plus, Mourinho's goalkeeping coach Silvio Louro is a renowened coach like Hoek, and has an excellent track record too - he has trained the likes of Vítor Baía, Petr Čech, Júlio César, Diego López, Thibaut Courtois. David should be fine under him.

Acole9

Outstanding
There was nothing standard about some of the saves he was pulling off, top class.

Status
Not open for further replies.