Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Others seem to be seeing it too...obviously love Dave but is he too comfortable right now? That's 2 goals in as many matches that probably 90% of keepers in the league come and catch. Also just caused the corner that Young headed out - ball couldn't have been more than 5 feet from him.

2 other examples this half when the ball on the ground should have comfortably been his, but his reluctance to move meant it was tight/a defender had to deal with it.

You become the best through talent, stay the best through reinvention and hard work. Could use a bit of a class on claiming crosses, given we're conceding a goal a match from freekicks and corners.

rampo

We need to remember that without him, the team would have been in mid-table in the last 4 seasons. He is the last player I would blame for our current state, literally.
Nobody is blaming him for our state. But, he definitely needs to come out more for set pieces. He could have claimed or punched the ball out today easily for their first goal

diplomat

Nobody is blaming him for our state. But, he definitely needs to come out more for set pieces. He could have claimed or punched the ball out today easily for their first goal
I disagree because I believe our set piece defending is due to tactical instructions from Mourinho, so De Gea is told to trust the players to handle it. It happens all the time and it cannot be simply a weakness in DDG, he doesn't even attempt going out so it makes me believe it's the tactics.

And some people are definitely blaming our best player because they can't handle reality.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Been like this with DDG since coming here so nothing new. Easily best in the league though but we could be doing with a couple of dominant centre backs to help him aerialy as its not DDG strength.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I agree, i also think he's probably disheartened with where we are in he league and our performances. I know i would be if i was him.

Bojan11

Against a side like Burnley it would give our defence confidence if the keeper commands the box rather than standing still. It would also deflate them.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I disagree because I believe our set piece defending is due to tactical instructions from Mourinho, so De Gea is told to trust the players to handle it. It happens all the time and it cannot be simply a weakness in DDG, he doesn't even attempt going out so it makes me believe it's the tactics.
Nah it cant be tactics. Its not just for set pieces he doesnt come out for but also rushing out and clearing/claiming the ball. He rarely does that.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Brilliant at everything except knowing when to come off his line. So poor at it and hasn't seemed to improve at all. Even that ball that came through and rolled in to the box, Rojo looked like he was screaming for him to come get it and it took him ages to do so.

Giggsyking

6 years in a league full of long balls and crosses and he is still afraid of leaving the goal line. I just cant believe it.

Handré1990

Just read a letter from someone on the MUSCS (Skandinavian supporter club site) who argued de Gea isn’t, and probably won’t become the best keeper in the world due to his work inside our area (or lack thereof). I must say that I agree.

As a caveat I will say he is a world class keeper, and many of the saves he does, no one does after him. However, his defensive style in our box is costing us, and will continue to do so.

Edit: Tried to find a unpopular opinions thread, but might as well argue my point in here.

Rasfene

Nope. DDG is not necessarily the best shot stopper as well. He does not have the immense size that Peter Schmeichel, Neuer or Cech have. They are all weigh over 90 kg but DDG is much smaller so he may stop less shots from sheer blocking. But I will give it that DDG has one of the best aerial abilities but remember that's because he has a much smaller size. (easily bullied during set pieces)

DDG is also a Dracula...scared of crosses. He also lacks leadership....hardly communicate or instructs his teammates despite being here for 6 years.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Another one to add to his list of great saves.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Funny thing is that there is still a discussion about who is the best keeper in the world, just shows the level of ABU around, there is really no discussion to be had.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
As a fan of a club with two poor goalkeepers I have to say I haven't seen a save as good as that in years, you boys see them every week. What a goalkeeper.

Rossa

Funny thing is that there is still a discussion about who is the best keeper in the world, just shows the level of ABU around, there is really no discussion to be had.
Of course there is. That was a stunning save, and he has more of those than any other goalie. However, he has a major weakness to his game in terms of his command of the box as he is just far too stationary.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Just saw his save, incredible as always. How much you think he’ll go for when/if he goes to Madrid?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
How did he save that?! He’s fecking ridiculous.

King.of.Red

As always what you can expect from him, amazing GK. Damn, with our current situation, I only hope he never leave United.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Saved our arses again.

Last edited:

kotha

I know Mourinho is supposed to organize defenses, but DDG gives our defense a lot more credit lean sheets wise than they deserve

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He made great saves but his ability to come off the line to collect the ball is very poor. Got earful from Lindelof and it was very much deserved.

Andersons Dietician

Last few weeks he’s been really reluctant to come for balls, Lindelof was right to tear in to him. Still two fantastic save and how he got that ball over his crossbar with his foot planted on the ground is surely some sort of witch craft.

Acole9

Outstanding
Man of the match but there really wasn't much else to pick from, possibly one of the back four but he really did keep us in it to an extent.

Rasfene

Another clean sheet. Looks like ddg will finally win the golden glove for the first time.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I actually think Pep would prefer Ederson over him, kicking is so important for a goalkeeper nowadays and he continuously gives the ball away every other game.

Status
Not open for further replies.