Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveW

He's had a good few howlers in 2018. Sevilla, Chelsea, Switzerland and now this. Very strange. Hope he's not losing his confidence.

Red Stone

Shit for Spain. Obviously needs United to perform, so there's only one solution to this particular conundrum.

Stay forever.

Kazi

Seeing as the world cup and being #1 for Spain is his biggest stage for country, yes...hasn't proved himself. But on club level when United has played in Champions League, especially Fergie's last season against Real, he was phenomenal.
It was a Round of 16 game though

C3Pique

He looks like he has concentration issues when he doesnt have a lot to do.

Good job our defence is shite in that case.

predator

Youth NITK
Ronaldo generated a lot of power on that shot even with his left. I've seen worse blunders in big matches but Dave should've got it. I guess it just shows how great he is when everyone is on his case for a mistake.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Needs to get over this mental hump he has when playing for Spain. At purely club level, hes been the best performing goalkeeper but he cant be seen as the best goalkeeper in the world until he sorts out his Spain form.
Feel for him though, he'll be gutted and he just puts so much pressure on himself playing for them.

SteveW

He's had about 5 howlers in 2018. What;s going on I wonder. Concentration? Confidence? There's been a few too many to just ignore at this stage

marktan

Very few PL players start for Spain which I think makes it harder for Dave. Feel for him as he's still a newcomer to the side.

On the plus side it is Ronaldo and it was close range so it's not as bad as Marius ones were.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's had about 5 howlers in 2018. What;s going on I wonder. Concentration? Confidence? There's been a few too many to just ignore at this stage
I assume they've all been for Spain because he sure as hell hasn't had any howlers for us

Kazi

Let’s be honest, he’s at his best when his team’s up against it and he’s able to be the hero. Probably a psychological barrier he needs to get over, but currently, he’s not at his best when he’s playing for a dominant team.

Schneckerl

Feel really bad for him. Won't get the credit he deserves (for his club performances) if he keeps performing like that on the big stage for the national team.

Dante

Average bang
He puts too much pressure on himself when playing for Spain, like he's not enjoying himself or allows himself to be free.
Probably this.

He knows he's a stranger to most Spaniards, so he wants give that little bit extra to prove how much he loves his country. It makes him nervy.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Feel really bad for him. Won't get the credit he deserves (for his club performances) if he keeps performing like that on the big stage for the national team.
I was going to reply saying everyone already recognises him as the best, but people even question Messi as a great because his Argentina performances aren’t on the same level. So yeah, if Dave can’t replicate his United form for Spain he’ll definitely not be seen on the same level as, for example, Neuer.

Trophy Room

Nah. He has a mental block while playing for Spain. He made a ridiculous mistake in a build up game as well. He has had games with United where he has had feck all to do and then he pulls off a worldly.

Zoo

Let’s be honest, he’s at his best when his team’s up against it and he’s able to be the hero. Probably a psychological barrier he needs to get over, but currently, he’s not at his best when he’s playing for a dominant team.
He has been successful with the Spanish youth teams who were totally dominant.

He’ll get through this.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Real need to sign Alisson ASAP. Heaven forbid Dave playing in Spain, would let in goals left, right, and center...
#DaveStays

edcunited1878

DDG has concentration issues and pressure issues with Spain and Spain only. When LVG was manager and with Fergie's team, United didnt have much to do and he still had a lot of amazing saves. It's a trait that DDG and VDS had.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Can anyone remember the last goalkeeper to have the same issues? It's been night and day for club and country for years.

James Peril

Bullshit. Based on one shot and a howler in an insignificant shot against Switzerland? Every GK makes mistakes, de Gea is known for making very few of them. Just like Ronaldo could miss the next penalty, de Gea made a mistake - not a big deal. Chances are he will make out of this-world saves in this game and the next. If he never made a single mistake, he would be cheating

Nero

De Gea has shown countless times for United that he can have nothing to do for 60 minutes and all of a sudden produce a world class save.

Let's kill the 'concentration' cliches right now.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
DDG has concentration issues and pressure issues with Spain and Spain only. When LVG was manager and with Fergie's team, United didnt have much to do and he still had a lot of amazing saves. It's a trait that DDG and VDS had.
This. People are talking bullshit. There are loads of matches where he makes incredible saves when we are restricting teams to very less chances.

R'hllor

This is pure guess but somehow i dont see him fitting well in that Spain dressing room. Maybe he doesnt feel like he belongs among them for some reason, dunno.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can anyone remember the last goalkeeper to have the same issues? It's been night and day for club and country for years.
It's like he's the goalkeeping version of Higuain.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
De Gea has shown countless times for United that he can have nothing to do for 60 minutes and all of a sudden produce a world class save.

Let's kill the 'concentration' cliches right now.
Mental isn't it, we dominate more games than we don't

waza7111

He probably feels under more pressure when playing for Spain because they tend to prefer la liga players. Even when he was one of the best in the world they picked Casillas who was making mistakes regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.