Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

I struggle to think that there has ever been a greater keeper.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Best keeper in the world by miles, and best player in the premier league.

He has to be from another planet

Best keeper in the world by miles, and best player in the premier league.

He has to be from another planet
Could be the best keeper in history if he keeps going at this rate. We need to start winning big trophies or he does need to leave for somewhere that will, as hard as it is to say that.

SER19

I've said before, that should he leave us we can't have any gripe unless we're successful at that time, it's unusual for a world class talent from anither country to remain at one club so long and god knows he could have jumped ship by now and wouldn't have owed us anything.

Saying that, should he ever leave, In a world where walker is going for over fifty million, coutinho bid of over 100m was rejected and dembele goes for 140, united fans should for a lynch mob if he's sold for anything close to the 63m quoted. He is a once in a generation player, and it's probably unpopular to say with many but let's get real, neuer, oblak, bloody lloris and courtois are fighting together on a completely separate lower tier.

CM

The thing that's so impressive about him is not only has he become so physically imposing but he's also maintained his exceptionally quick reflexes. The Lacazette/Sanchez double save really was something.

I think the only thing that's stopped him from being recognised as the undisputed best in the world is his lack of exposure in Europe in the last few years. If we make a decent stab of the Champions League over the next couple of seasons I imagine he'll get that recognition.

FanBoyRed

Without him we would not be ranked one of the best defensive squads... our back line gives away many opportunities, and DDG is always there to make us look good and solid! Never seen anyone like him before. GOAT

Firstouch20

I remember last year at work telling an Arsenal fan that pound for pound he is the best keeper in premier league history. I think he is comfortably the most gifted and talented keeper in premier league history. In terms of personal accomplishments he has pretty much been the best keeper in the league since 2012 so the last 6 years. There's also never been a keeper who has carried a team the way De Gea did during the post ferguson era.

rampo

What we are witnessing here is a United legend. He has been the best GK in the world for a good part of 1-2 years now. People talk about his reflexes as his ability but for me, its his ability to remain calm and composed (which, ironically, was what he was criticized about in his 1st year with United). That double save from Lacazette and Sanchez is simply not possible for any other goal keeper. Simple reason being De Gea was able to make a call in that split second to try and save Sanchez's shot with his leg rather than trying to get up. It's those little things that separates good goalkeepers from great keepers and my word, do we have a great great one on our hands. Dude is so composed, he waited a bit and delayed his dive to stop the bullet from Bellerin (in 1st half) to palm away the ball into an area where no Arsenal player was present. Most goal keepers would have dived that split second earlier and put that ball right into the box where there were number of Arsenal players waiting for a rebound

Acole9

Outstanding
Stunning performance, it's not even spoilt by him not keeping a clean sheet because there was nothing he could've done about that. Didn't BT name Lingard as man of the match?!

meninred

It cemented his place as the no. 1 goalkeeper in the world.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's the best goalkeeeper atm, i'm looking forward to seeing Neuer back in action so it could become a battle again, but god knows whether he can make a full recovery again.

Anyway, i think when it comes down to shot-shopping he's probably the best i've ever seen, but his ability on the ball isn't as good as Neuers'. It's the same old question, but his job is to prevent goals from happening, so it's all good for United.

In contrast to someone like Neuer, De Gea has to make a lot of saves, i think he currently ranks number 2 in the league. Another question would be is it easier to be put constantly under pressure, or to constantly keep awake to not miss the big save every 5 games or so.

United are lucky to have him and De Gea looks like he's enjoing his time here. If i were to get a flock these days, his name would be my choice. Morever he doesn't do scandals nor does he make trouble, perfect professional and Ferguson's last hurrah to show the world he's figured out how to spot the perfect keeper.

D. Mungai

To me Van Gaal is the worst coach in United recent history by just accepting to sell De Gea. Who is De Gea to United.
The best player in United better than Pogba.
A player who doesn't complain.
A player with zero fuss.
A player who gives you 8 - 10 every game.
A player who believes playing for United is a privilege.
A player who in those years in United no person connected to United has complained about him, not playing time, contract talks, salary tantrums either to the manager, board or anything.

A Paul Scholes in modern time.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He's the best goalkeeeper atm, i'm looking forward to seeing Neuer back in action so it could become a battle again, but god knows whether he can make a full recovery again.

Anyway, i think when it comes down to shot-shopping he's probably the best i've ever seen, but his ability on the ball isn't as good as Neuers'. It's the same old question, but his job is to prevent goals from happening, so it's all good for United.

In contrast to someone like Neuer, De Gea has to make a lot of saves, i think he currently ranks number 2 in the league. Another question would be is it easier to be put constantly under pressure, or to constantly keep awake to not miss the big save every 5 games or so.

United are lucky to have him and De Gea looks like he's enjoing his time here. If i were to get a flock these days, his name would be my choice. Morever he doesn't do scandals nor does he make trouble, perfect professional and Ferguson's last hurrah to show the world he's figured out how to spot the perfect keeper.
Agree with this. Neuer was the best keeper from around 2012-2015 but for the last two years De Gea has been better, though the difference is not as far off as I think some here would say. Neuer has his strengths over De Gea, which is ability on the ball and acting as a sweeper. People may want to deride that ability as it is not the classical form of goalkeeping but you cannot deny that its adds a completely different dimension to the defense (and subsequently, the attack) of a team. Having a keeper who can confidently play as high up as Neuer does allows the team to apply that extra bit of pressure in midfield that can make them dominant, as Germany and Bayern have been. Neuer, De Gea and Buffon belong in the top tier with Lloris, Oblak, Ter Stegen, Cortoius a level below.

One fear I have for Neuer though is that I feel he will have a Barthez type collapse once he starts to decline physically. He was in his peak physical form over the last 5 years and with the decline he may not be able to sweep as effectively as he has been. He's a player full of confidence and never doubts himself, it might take a few howlers for him to realize that he will have to tone down his need to come out for the ball. It will be interesting to see how he adapts following his injury.

The closest competitor I see to De Gea over the next 3-4 years is probably Ter Stegen, he's looked very impressive over the last couple of seasons and is ever improving.

Reactions: Invictus

SirAF

Ageist
To me Van Gaal is the worst coach in United recent history by just accepting to sell De Gea. Who is De Gea to United.
A player with zero fuss.
A player who in those years in United no person connected to United has complained about him, not playing time, contract talks, salary tantrums either to the manager, board or anything.

Jesus H. Christ, don't remind me! I actually wince at the very thought of what a close call that was..

Bwuk

Best keeper in the world. When was the last time he had a bad game?

meninred

Mouriniho claims in an interview today that Degea is the third best keeper in the club.

Crimson King

Mouriniho claims in an interview today that Degea is the third best keeper in the club.
Pretty sure he was joking, no? He said Joel Pereira was the 2nd best because he would be on the bench instead of DDG.

It was all tongue in cheek mate.

beep

Is now our 5th most capped keeper. At 50+ games per season, there's no reason that he shouldn't reach 2nd in the 2019/20 season.....if he's still here. Would take #1 spot in the 2022/23 season!!

Stepney 539
Schmeichel 398
Bailey 375
Steward 326
De Gea 289

Classnordic

A player with zero fuss.

Who is LVG, Mourinho, SAF etc. to force players to stay? none of them do that. They have all let players they would like to keep be sold.
De Gea wanted to be sold and imo. he should be allowed to do as he wants.

Reactions: Damien

ryan cook

Best goal keeper in the world for me. Neuer i think will always be rated the best in the world purely because he is winning leagues every year and consistency making Champions league semi finals and finals but hopefuly United have truley turned that corner and De gea finally starts to get the recognition he deserves.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
A player with zero fuss.

De Gea's contract was running down. Didn't have much option when De Gea wanted to go at the time - like Mourinho doesn't stand in the way if a player of his wants to leave.

Kapardin

A player with zero fuss.

Tbh, De Gea wanted to leave. I think he would have left even if we had Mourinho back then and won a title. van Gaal's eccentricity just sped up the process and made him desperate to leave. In a way, Dave was way ahead of everyone in knowing LvG would only take us down and not up!

Have to say that I lost a bit of love for him when he tried to leave for almost nothing (though he couldn't be blamed considering the state of our club at the time), but as he did sign a contract afterwards and has been professional, its' fine with me now. Not that what I think is important, I suppose, he will be adored as long as he keeps putting in these performances.

Home&Away

Tbh, De Gea wanted to leave. I think he would have left even if we had Mourinho back then and won a title. van Gaal's eccentricity just sped up the process and made him desperate to leave. In a way, Dave was way ahead of everyone in knowing LvG would only take us down and not up!

Have to say that I lost a bit of love for him when he tried to leave for almost nothing (though he couldn't be blamed considering the state of our club at the time), but as he did sign a contract afterwards and has been professional, its' fine with me now. Not that what I think is important, I suppose, he will be adored as long as he keeps putting in these performances.
:lol:

Andersons Dietician

He’s putting in Brad Friedal like performances against United. Just on a consistent basis and not only becoming other worldy like when United come to town. God damn you Brad Friedal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.