Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd 1:0 Bournemouth

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
One thing he's so much better at than every other keeper in the league is how he saves his shots. He's very good at saving the balls out of danger areas and we can see it well tonight in these conditions where he's getting shots at him that are hard and low.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is a very telling video of DDG's career at United. He never was as bad as people said he was, not even close. Being a keeper is similar to being a golfer - in both, it's not how good your good saves / shots are, it's how good your bad mistakes / shots are. I did both professionally for a very, very short while until I realized I could not minimize my mistakes in either sport. That's all DDG has really done, minimize his mistakes. He has always had world class abilities, those just started shining through after 'that' Chelsky save against Mata. He always had an upward trajectory vis a vis his career, those few gaffes early on were inordinately harped on by sensationalist media.

Enjoy the video (Aditya's YouTube works are phenomenal):

Reactions: KM

kotha

That save against Defoe as well at the catch at the end.. Not the greatest of playing conditions for him but one more clean sheet!!

prath92

Think he trains by practising as a wicket keeper. Some of his catching is quite difficult to execute

Sylar

Remember when the media hated him so much they would criticise him for saving shots with his feet or for using 'the wrong arm' to save shots? Madness.

Bwuk

This is a very telling video of DDG's career at United. He never was as bad as people said he was, not even close. Being a keeper is similar to being a golfer - in both, it's not how good your good saves / shots are, it's how good your bad mistakes / shots are. I did both professionally for a very, very short while until I realized I could not minimize my mistakes in either sport. That's all DDG has really done, minimize his mistakes. He has always had world class abilities, those just started shining through after 'that' Chelsky save against Mata. He always had an upward trajectory vis a vis his career, those few gaffes early on were inordinately harped on by sensationalist media.

Enjoy the video (Aditya's YouTube works are phenomenal):

Brilliant video.

De Gea is the best player in the league for me. He's the only player who is undoubtably the best in the world in his respective position.

DonDarmian

A comment to the tweet. It shows the xG for shots on target in the PL. Shows how imporant De Gea is for our defensive record and compared to the goalkeepers of other teams. The best goalkeeper in the world.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's going to end up being fashionable to appreciate what a good keeper he is and he'll end up undisputed as "World Class" whatever that means.
:cool:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This is a very telling video of DDG's career at United. He never was as bad as people said he was, not even close.
It was obvious he was going to be world class the entire time he was getting slated by pundits and then the sheep that repeated it (plenty on here at the time). He wasn't far off it then. Big Dave, always stood by you <3

SirAF

Ageist
It was obvious he was going to be world class the entire time he was getting slated by pundits and then the sheep that repeated it (plenty on here at the time). He wasn't far off it then. Big Dave, always stood by you <3
This. He was a bit iffy in the air, but no sane person could doubt that he would come good.

reddevil702

Really think this world cup will be his coming out party. He's already the best GK in the world but it is ridiculous how underrated he is outside of England really.

Acole9

Outstanding
Not quite the sensational performance vs Arsenal but unlike that match he managed to keep a clean sheet in the Bournemouth one. The saves weren't as good but who cares, they all count really.

kotha

They won't ban him.. No one gives a feck about West Brom..

Snide cnut.. Look at his face,he intentionally put his leg there to injure him..

Wasn't at his best yesterday. Got bullied on a couple of crosses including for their goal. Still, minor blip on another fantastic season.

meamth

We had Sir Bobby Charlton, Duncan Edwards, George Best, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney...and then De Gea.
He will be the best ever goalkeeper, and to achieve that he needs trophies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Surprising his pass to Rashford in the 5th min is not talked about and gifs are created, it was fantastic pass, that too from goal kick.

TRD

Sky Sports is naming top 100 players of 2017. Till now they have named from 61-100. De Gea is 95th on the list.

What's surprising is the players who are shown better than him, in the list. Wilfred Ndidi is 65th, Emre Can 68th, Ben Davis 72nd and Andre Silva(Who have not scored single league goal this season) is 82nd.

Trizy

Sky Sports is naming top 100 players of 2017. Till now they have named from 61-100. De Gea is 95th on the list.

What's surprising is the players who are shown better than him, in the list. Wilfred Ndidi is 65th, Emre Can 68th, Ben Davis 72nd and Andre Silva(Who have not scored single league goal this season) is 82nd.
That is just baffling. There is clearly some agenda against De Gea.. just look at the top goal keepers vote recently enough (as part of the ballon dor?).

Every fan even rivals that hate us know he's the best bar none. Yet the media act like he's fecking Joe Hart.

RobinHood

This would be something that usually annoys me, as I believe that some sort of recognition is needed for how good he's been not just this year, but the last two or three years. However, if this causes him to fly under the radar and no one notices him (very very unlikely) then it may be fine as it'll reduce (obviously hypothetically speaking of course) any interest in him.

Brilliant brilliant goalkeeper. How no one can see he's not the best in the world is honestly beyond me.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
This would be something that usually annoys me, as I believe that some sort of recognition is needed for how good he's been not just this year, but the last two or three years. However, if this causes him to fly under the radar and no one notices him (very very unlikely) then it may be fine as it'll reduce (obviously hypothetically speaking of course) any interest in him.

Brilliant brilliant goalkeeper. How no one can see he's not the best in the world is honestly beyond me.
True, though he himself has said words to the effect of Spanish players not getting as much notice when playing in England as when they play in Spain. Obviously that doesn't pertain exactly to this Sky Sports thing, but he does seem to acknowledge that he'd be getting more attention if he was back home. But whether or not he wants that attention is another thing. He may well be happy flying under the radar, and the noise about him leaving seems to lessen each year since faxgate.

RobinHood

True, though he himself has said words to the effect of Spanish players not getting as much notice when playing in England as when they play in Spain. Obviously that doesn't pertain exactly to this Sky Sports thing, but he does seem to acknowledge that he'd be getting more attention if he was back home. But whether or not he wants that attention is another thing. He may well be happy flying under the radar, and the noise about him leaving seems to lessen each year since faxgate.
Not all Spanish players though? I mean I feel someone like David Silva is more appreciated here than he is in his native Spain.

Actually he might be the only person I can think of. :nervous:

TRD

And till now there is no other goalkeeper in the list. I bet you will find likes of Buffon, Oblak, Lloris, Navas and even Neuer further in the list. Most of them will be in top 50.

RobinHood

And till now there is no other goalkeeper in the list. I bet you will find likes of Buffon, Oblak, Lloris, Navas and even Neuer further in the list. Most of them will be in top 50.
Oh God, I didn't even think of this. I'll throw up a little in my mouth especially if Navas is in the top 50. I mean the rest are good to decent goalkeepers. But definitely not better than De Gea.

Another point, why would Neuer be on the list considering he's been injured for most of this season. He's still a top keeper, but surely you look at who performed the best throughout 2017, and not in patches of 2017?

TRD

Oh God, I didn't even think of this. I'll throw up a little in my mouth especially if Navas is in the top 50. I mean the rest are good to decent goalkeepers. But definitely not better than De Gea.

Another point, why would Neuer be on the list considering he's been injured for most of this season. He's still a top keeper, but surely you look at who performed the best throughout 2017, and not in patches of 2017?
Well this is sky sports we are talking about. They have pundits like Paul Merson who says that United are better with Lukaku than Zlatan and next day he says Zlatan will give United better option than Lukaku. So we can except anything from them.

FromTheBench

He very rarely comes off his line. His starting position should have been higher for the goal to clear it.

Ederson probably does for City.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He very rarely comes off his line. His starting position should have been higher for the goal to clear it.

Ederson probably does for City.
Yeah I agree with that and what Henry just said. I feel Mourinho should have said any long balls should be dealt with by the keeper.

Minimalist

At the time I didn't think it was clear scenario which he should have came to clear it. Think it's a 50-50 still. Not to blame for goal anyway. If he clears it - it's a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.