Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Henderson could push De Gea out, that’s clearly in the cards any time soon.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
If you think the board and Woodward will suddenly find a better replacement like that and decide to spend heavily, you may be disappointed.
We might already have a replacement in squad. Give Henderson a run of games see if he is up to it.

Born2Lose

Another busy night of damage control for the Dave fan club,

Best paid keeper in the world. What a joke.

Silas

Might just be a weird feeling, but his clangers usually come in batches.. :nervous:

el3mel

What the feck was he doing in the corners today ? I thought we were past this shite ?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We might already have a replacement in squad. Give Henderson a run of games see if he is up to it.
It could be smart move and it's really depressing if we judge how many keepers with potential we have in the squad (Dave, Romero, Dean) and still have somewhat basic problems.

ManU Irish

When you pay your goalkeeper 300K + a week, you expect him to be able to do the basics. The sad part of it, this lad doesn't even think he was at fault for either goal. He shows no leadership, drop him, give Henderson a run of games. DeGea and few others started to believe the hype.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was fouled (certainly more than Ramsdale was) but still should have been stronger. Not being so just encourage others to make unfair challenges in the fair belief that it will work and they might get away with it.

Reminded me of a goal he conceded against Everton where (again) he was genuinely fouled but it wasn't given. It's fine to argue the foul or ref was to blame but you can't ignore the fact that De Gea's weakness in this regard encourages teams to target him in that way.

Doesn't help that our outfield players are also pretty shite at dealing with corners either.

In general though, I'm not that bothered. He's still been better this season than he was in the last couple, still on course to make approx as many errors leading to goals as he did in his best seasons, he's still good enough for us to get top four (which is in line with the rest of the team really), the club brought in Henderson to compete but he still looks better than Henderson too. So whatever. Given how shot he looked at the end of last season, this is about as good as I'd reasonably have expected him to be this season.

It would bother me if I had genuinely thought we could win the title otherwise and it will bother me if he has the sort of meltdown he's had in the last two seasons but as is he's just meh. Low expectations help.

arthurka

At fault for both goals.
Soft as shit and that clearance or lack of it ended up costing us.

He needs to get some time off.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Not sure I can say something that hasn't already been said. He is getting to the age where his experience should be more valuable than his agility. Unfortunately he still isn't brilliant at the basics of his position...

slored1

What the hell went through his mind when he made that clearance for the second goal? Who was he passing it to?

Welbeckham

I still find it baffling that we once managed to win the league with him in goal, because he is not a winner. Won’t happen again.

simplyared

I reckon he's becoming a bit of a liability. He's the PL's worst goalie for taking crosses. Doesn't boss it enough and is too hesitant with some of his actions. I'd take Smikes junior any day before him. Not sure if Henderson is better tbh. So looking like we have a GK issue.

Ace of Spades

That first goal should have been a foul, but agin needs to be stronger or at least smarter. The lack of any objection was weird.

GMoore23

We need a commanding keeper like VDS or Schmeichel. I'm fed up having a coward in goal and I'm not sure Henderson is the solution as he looks like De Gea lite to me.
Positioning, command of area and communication are more important than reflexes as with fantastic positioning you rarely need reflexes as seen with VDS.

Sylar

That second goal was worse than the first

The first I was expecting, I mean yeah it was a foul but he's so meek that it looks like he's not being fouled (tho VAR really should disallow it especially as it's worse than the Maguire foul)

Was annoying then see Ramsdale coming off his line to collect crosses into the box. It's been so long since we had a keeper who would do that and relieve all the pressure on the defence

That second goal however, whilst others were at fault too, wtf was he thinking with that pass to nobody. If we had a player there and they then lost it, ok fine
But none of our players were in the area of it. And it was such a weak pass it wasn't even going to go out
Aghhhh

UnitedFan93

Stick a pencil in the ground on the goal line and you've got De Gea. Bloke's an absolute coward. We're not winning another major trophy with him in net.

youngrell

How are people expecting him to be stronger when he’s being barged from behind while jumping? :lol:

If anything, he needed to go down to catch the ref’s attention.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He is so bad it's hilarious. I genuinely don't see what we gain from continuing to play him . If anything we might see Henderson become better with a proper run of games . This guy is just hopeless now

Djemba-Djemba

How are people expecting him to be stronger when he’s being barged from behind while jumping? :lol:

If anything, he needed to go down to catch the ref’s attention.
He doesn't even have the conviction to do that.

Everything is just a shrug of the shoulders with him.

Pathetic mentality.

Lentwood

I have said it before - Ole’s loyalty to De Gea is going to cost us.

The statistics - not my opinion, the STATS, tell you that De Gea is now one of the worst keepers in the league. He is actually a net-negative contributor in terms of expected goals conceded vs conceded. He has led the way in the whole of the PL for “errors leading to a goal” over the last 2/3 seasons. That’s before we get into the fact he plays like a crab, scuttling across his goal-line or his cowardice in avoiding any contact with an opponent or even the ball sometimes!

For me, it’s easy. Drop De Gea now, Henderson has 25 games-odd to prove himself in time for next season

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
God the agendas are all out tonight. All that pent up anger after he’s had solid performances for months and boom it erupts.

Get over yourselves!

UnitedFan93

He doesn't even have the conviction to do that.

Everything is just a shrug of the shoulders with him.

Pathetic mentality.
Will never forget his pathetic attempt to challenge for the ball against Kluviert for Leipzig's 3rd goal that in the end knocked us out of the champions league. RVP won us the league in 2013 despite De Gea. Don't think we're winning a major trophy again with a pencil in net.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He is so bad it's hilarious. I genuinely don't see what we gain from continuing to play him . If anything we might see Henderson become better with a proper run of games . This guy is just hopeless now
Yeah, I'd rather see Henderson playing and potentially making mistakes rather than seeing DDG play and know that he will make the same mistakes over and over again.

Lentwood

Why are people talking about Henderson as if he is some error-prone poor substitute? He’s been a better GK than De Gea for 2/3 years now, whether he is the second incarnation of Peter Schmeichel is irrelevant, the lad couldn’t be any worse than De Gea if someone lopped off both of his hands

Why do we do this at Utd nowadays? Why do we have to play club legends into the ground until they are humiliated and sad shadows of themselves? We did it to Wayne Rooney, arguably many of SAFs old guard, now we’re doing it with DDG. Put the poor bloke out of his misery. Part of me thinks he would be happy to get out of the firing line and take is £300K for doing cock all at the moment. He must know himself he is gone at the game

Welbeckham

Why are people talking about Henderson as if he is some error-prone poor substitute? He’s been a better GK than De Gea for 2/3 years now, whether he is the second incarnation of Peter Schmeichel is irrelevant, the lad couldn’t be any worse than De Gea if someone lopped off both of his hands

Why do we do this at Utd nowadays? Why do we have to play club legends into the ground until they are humiliated and sad shadows of themselves? We did it to Wayne Rooney, arguably many of SAFs old guard, now we’re doing it with DDG. Put the poor bloke out of his misery. Part of me thinks he would be happy to get out of the firing line and take is £300K for doing cock all at the moment. He must know himself he is gone at the game
Nobody wants him. That contract was a horrible mistake, because he’s been awful for three years.

arthurka

I have said it before - Ole’s loyalty to De Gea is going to cost us.

The statistics - not my opinion, the STATS, tell you that De Gea is now one of the worst keepers in the league. He is actually a net-negative contributor in terms of expected goals conceded vs conceded. He has led the way in the whole of the PL for “errors leading to a goal” over the last 2/3 seasons. That’s before we get into the fact he plays like a crab, scuttling across his goal-line or his cowardice in avoiding any contact with an opponent or even the ball sometimes!

For me, it’s easy. Drop De Gea now, Henderson has 25 games-odd to prove himself in time for next season
This.. If he fails just get Schmeichel jr in to give us a decent keeper while we do a thorough search for the right keeper.

thedvil

He didnt have a great game but i wouldnt be blaming him for the first goal.

If you jump to catch or punch an object in the air and your are hit in the back mid jump there is no way you are getting to that object, its simple physics. He cant be blamed for that as it was a clear foul.

The second was a comedy sketch in defence, Magurie should have booted it our for a corner, De gea should have called for it before Maguire back passed it or he should have put his foot through it when it was back passed.

He did make a great save with his feet, Henderson i feel wouldnt have made that save.

Red & White

He was very poor. I actually thought we might play Henderson again tonight. I know he had a blunder against these lot, too, but he would have been more suited to their game.

He was so weak on the cross for the first goal, I know that’s nothing new, but any other team gets a free kick for that, however soft it was (as we saw when a similar thing happened at the other end). Disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.