Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

I’d like to think DDG and Shaw are having decent seasons because they’ve had to step up because of competition. I hope Ethan Laird can be involved in the 1st team next season and push on AWB

croadyman

Couldn't believe it when he came out of his box to meet an attacker but was great to see

Haddock

It's possible that posters may have reacted a little early while declaring him finished. Neuer, Lloris, Courtois and Ederson have all gone through rough patches in recent memory. and all of them have recovered.

Red & White

He’s been ticking along nicely. Got a warm feeling inside when he came out to clear the ball before their attacker could get there. It makes a huge difference if our keeper can do that when needed.

Sylar

I’d like to think DDG and Shaw are having decent seasons because they’ve had to step up because of competition. I hope Ethan Laird can be involved in the 1st team next season and push on AWB
I thought he did well tonight.

I honestly believe having Henderson as competition for him, has really upped his concentration levels.
Id go along with this. Concentration when you dont have much to do is important, and hes done it well. It also looks like hes trying to close down defenders or sweep up at times, which is great to see.

Teja

Quietly having a good season. Passing from the back has improved quite a bit, shot stopping almost back to where it was, critics have dried up. Great to see!

Have to say, Ole and co handled him perfectly - could've easily turned into a Kepa-like situation for us.

Alemar

Quietly having a good season. Passing from the back has improved quite a bit, shot stopping almost back to where it was, critics have dried up. Great to see!

Have to say, Ole and co handled him perfectly - could've easily turned into a Kepa-like situation for us.
So far, not a single goal-costing mistake this season (well, perhaps two free kicks were saveable, but then again not a big mistake either)

lex talionis

I was just about to write these exact words but you beat me to it.

Earlier in the season there was a sense that Henderson could push De Gea out, but that’s clearly not in the cards any time soon.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
At fault for both the goals. Didn't come out to claim the first cross, and then tamely passed the ball out for the second instead of clearing it.

He should be dropped for Henderson, now. His United days are over.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The mind feck he had in not making a clearance in the lead up to the second goal took the air out of what was already a deflated balloon. The standard de Gea loss.

city-puma

We need to start Henderson from now on. Conceding goals like this is ridiculous.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
As usual, living off past glory. Just get rid of this clown already, been costing us for far too long now.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Continues to cost us. He needs to be moved on.

Yes his form has been better but there is also instances like today around the corner.

He makes too many blunders.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Been like this for a while. You forgive his passive nature when he was making superb, game changing saves, but we don't even get that anymore.

Issue is, I don't think Henderson is good enough either.

DavidDeSchmikes

Been a big supporter of De Gea since he first joined, but I'm concerned over his lack of authority/command over his box

Virror

Foul on the first goal, but he should still win that 10/10. It is time to give Henderson 10 games in a row so we can se if he can do it, so that we can make a proper decision in the summer.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
He has to go. He will be a good keeper for some other club but he seems to cost us far more goals than he saves nowadays.

We can't be having a goalkeeper that has us shitting our pants every time a high ball gets launched at him

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't blame him for the push. Not the first time refs get away with narratives surrounding United. Everyone wanted United to lose this game and boy did Sheffield tell the ref not to protect De Gea. He was pushed with two hands full strength mid air and not given a free kick even on VAR review. I refuse to bash him for that.

He made a couple of very nice saves but should have cleared the ball before the second goal, but he wasn't the only one in that sequence who should have cleared the ball. Once again stop with the narratives.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Funny thing is, he was bigging his title winning experience up pregame. :lol:

Vidic/Rio/Evra would've dealt with Sheffield United faffing about our box and then given him an earful for the nonsensical clearance.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He has to go. He will be a good keeper for some other club but he seems to cost us far more goals than he saves nowadays.

We can't be having a goalkeeper that has us shitting our pants every time a high ball gets launched at him
If you think the board and Woodward will suddenly find a better replacement like that and decide to spend heavily, you may be disappointed.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Problems with DDG that should show he isn't good enough.

1. Inability to come off his line. This means we are susceptible to balls over the top as he won't move. It means it creates more panic when there's a 'pinball' situation as he won't put his boot through it or come to claim it. It affects corners because he won't come out to claim a cross, he will gamble on the defence heading it clear. This also means we tend to be further back than we should when we are defending a lead as the defence need to get closer to goal as DDG won't come out.

2. Inability to claim the ball in the air. It's been a problem since he's been here but he's such a pussy with this. Remember his weak as piss punch against PSG a couple years ago which should have been a routine catch? That's him all over. He just doesn't have the stature, he almost closes his eyes each time he has to punch the ball or claim it.

3. His lack of composure. What the feck was that pass out for the second goal? Okay, there's players in his way, but do something other than pass it softly out the area.

4. Distribution is non-existent, he never throws the ball out early, he just apologises to whoever wanted the ball for not releasing it fast enough.

'Super' Dave is gone, his out of this world saves have dried up. We have a decent shot stopper in goal but every team has a decent shot stopper, you don't become a goalkeeper if you're not one. We need more in goal than that, a more progressive goalkeeper would help the whole side out not just with keeping goals out but to give more confidence to the team.

AshRK

He has 0 percent of leadership quality in him. Not a surprise he never is regarded as a great keeper in spain like casillas.

Red_toad

Worst goalkeeping performance I've seen from a United player in probably over a decade, between him and Martial for the wooden spoon for performance on the pitch. Looked like a 16 year old being put on in a cup final.

Status
Not open for further replies.