Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
In a game like today it would be really nice to have a keeper who gives a sense of calmness in the box but this guy is just the opposite . He is a good shot stopper but I just don’t see how you can build a progressive team with him as keeper. Everyone blames the defenders for not sticking to attackers but you also need the keeper to provide some ability to cover for them but he basically does not move at all . You can actually see that spurs knew this and kept playing it over the top

CloneMC16

If he could leave his line, that would be pretty nice. Could have cost us twice by not coming for crosses.

Oranges038

There were several balls into the box he should have claimed. Nice to have someone back there just to pluck one of those balls put of the air and calm the game down.

The United

Their defender launched the ball to Son in the second half. Rashford stopped tracking, Dave stayed back and I thought Son would just score it

I was pretty pissed at how chill he was with that situation. Maybe he saw that it was overhit and Son would not catch it more clearly than I did on the camera?
Two times yesterday he didn’t come and collect the ball. The one when Son ran off the back of Rashford was criminal. So so so annoying.
That one stood out to me as well. I just could not comprehend what happened there with him.

criticalanalysis

Their defender launched the ball to Son in the second half. Rashford stopped tracking, Dave stayed back and I thought Son would just score it

I was pretty pissed at how chill he was with that situation. Maybe he saw that it was overhit and Son would not catch it more clearly than I did on the camera?

That one stood out to me as well. I just could not comprehend what happened there with him.
Doesn't matter if Son could have or not, De Gea wouldn't have moved. In fact a similar thing happened in the game against Mourinho's Spurs. Son got to the ball, waltzed to the 6 yard box to knock it pass De Gea for a goal; he didn't move an inch forward.

It's incredibly frustrating how passive and stuck to his line he is.

Based Adnan

Not bothering for the goal aside it's like a broken record with this guy. Costs us a chance a game with his willingness to pass the ball straight to the opposition in a dangerous area.

Sylar

He didn't do much wrong but you see the difference in the way oblak commands his box and kills a lot of set piece attacks

Leanshig

State of you lot. Dalot goes 10 miles inside and leaves Lodi free and you blame De Gea?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Henderson who is famous for his great saves? :lol:
He’s a good shot stopper and a bit more proactive.
Because its was a fanatic header that the player shaped up to head across the goal and just placed it into the bottom corner. It was a brilliant header
What? He headed in the only place he could. The near post. A better keeper would have saved it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He didn't do much wrong but you see the difference in the way oblak commands his box and kills a lot of set piece attacks
Clear as day. The goal box was his.

DDG was shaded a bit too close to his far post for the goal, but it also was a text book header. We expect him to pull a Shilton off, but that’s not going to happen that often from a well taken header from just outside the six.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Clear as day. The goal box was his.

DDG was shaded a bit too close to his far post for the goal, but it also was a text book header. We expect him to pull a Shilton off, but that’s not going to happen that often from a well taken header from just outside the six.
This is what I disagree with. If the header was aimed over and into the far post, you’d say fair fecks. The post was literally headed down in the near post. He has to have that area covered. It’s basic goalkeeping.

Welbeckham

You're a mental pygmy. How you're blaming de Gea who actually has won a league when we have a shower of shite aside?
He is a big part of the problem and you could see it if you understood anything about goalkeeping. Compare him with Oblak’s commanding presence and it’s night and day.

Should’ve done better for the goal too, in addition to his poor distribution. And it’s still not even a weak game by his standards.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is what I disagree with. If the header was aimed over and into the far post, you’d say fair fecks. The post was literally headed down in the near post. He has to have that area covered. It’s basic goalkeeping.
Reread what I wrote. I said he was too close to the far post. He also committed to a far post shot which ended up rooting him to his place. A bit closer to the near post & we could be discussing a match saving save, most likely with his foot.

Oranges038

Poor starting positon for the cross, a better one and he can claim the cross. But, he gets across the goal and stops, if he kept moving across the goal he saves it.

UnitedFan93

You're a mental pygmy. How you're blaming de Gea who actually has won a league when we have a shower of shite aside?
He's right though. De Gea has bottled every big moment in a United shirt. Even when we won the league De Gea was shit. I remember that 2012/13 season, United had to score 4 because we had conceded 3 in a lot of games.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Poor starting positon for the cross, a better one and he can claim the cross. But, he gets across the goal and stops, if he kept moving across the goal he saves it.
He had a potential shot to worry about. His starting position was fine. His positioning on the header was a bit off.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Agenda posters out in force.

He didn't put a foot wrong and if you're blaming him for that goal you're a complete and total tosspot.

flameinthesun

He had a good performance today so there should be no criticism.

In general he does need replacing, we can't afford to have a goalkeeper with such poor distribution.

arnie_ni

Agenda posters out in force.

He didn't put a foot wrong and if you're blaming him for that goal you're a complete and total tosspot.
Had a couple of pull your hair out moments with kicks but I don't think he had a chance for that goal

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Had a couple of pull your hair out moments with kicks but I don't think he had a chance for that goal
Fair yeah, that one clearance from the hospital pass that Maguire gave him was dodgy af :lol:. Maguire created that shaky situation out of absolutely nothing too!

Oranges038

He had a potential shot to worry about. His starting position was fine. His positioning on the header was a bit off.
Maybe so on the positioning for the cross.

If he doesn't stop to set himself he saves the header. There's not enough on the cross for the header to go back across him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
One good save, wouldn't particularly blame him for the goal, some bad passes, whatever.

He really wasn't a central figure in today's game either way.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Maybe so on the positioning for the cross.

If he doesn't stop to set himself he saves the header. There's not enough on the cross for the header to go back across him.
He also anticipated a far post header which left him rooted. Good point on the velocity of the cross.

A step to his right he had the potential to save it with his foot, something he is brilliant at doing.

Still, a textbook header from that position should be going in more often than not.

Leanshig

He's right though. De Gea has bottled every big moment in a United shirt. Even when we won the league De Gea was shit. I remember that 2012/13 season, United had to score 4 because we had conceded 3 in a lot of games.
De Gea was in the PFA team of the year when we won the league. Talking. Shit.

Leanshig

Can anyone think of another keeper at any top club who so consistently kicks the ball straight to the opposition whenever he is asked to pass the ball off the ground? I can’t.
I think you arent factoring a fecking fridge in front of him panic passing to him under no pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.