Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The video in question. I really don't see how people think his shot stopping makes up for his shortfalls in the other aspects of goalkeeping. It's not like they're slight shortfalls either. He ranks at the bottom in virtually every category related to ball playing and sweeping.

Yeah I agree his distribution is often poor

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ten Hag wants a keeper who is comfortable in distributing the ball. If Ten Hag is our manager next season then it makes zero sense to give DDG a new contract.

CloneMC16

The best paid keeper in world football passes straight to the opposition on a consistent basis. This is a major problem, and anybody saying it's not is absolutely insane.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Good saves, distribution a problem yet again. So much so De Gea.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Made some great saves, but usual flaws are still having an impact. Also, he had his hands behind his back at the moment Mahrez struck to score the 4th. Bizarre positioning and body shape.

Based Adnan

Said it before but he invites pressure on to us and then gets the plaudits when he makes saves due to said pressure.

One of many big decisions that has been passed on to the next manager to deal with than be dealt with by Ralf.

Sylar

Some good saves but we need a new keeper
Strangely not even the first position we need to improve
Probably not even top five and yet we still need a new one :lol:

mewnew11

He makes so many saves because he keeps giving the ball to the opposition.

I think we should get rid . Too many players not good enough to execute modern football

MUFC OK

I’m his biggest fan generally and he made a couple of important saves today but seeing that performance v what Ederson offered, was alarming.

Andrew7582

He's going to have to be replaced very soon anyway as his reflexes, agility will soon decline and that's the only thing he's got going for him. But the club will put off and ignore it for as long as possible like always.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Made some great saves, but usual flaws are still having an impact. Also, he had his hands behind his back at the moment Mahrez struck to score the 4th. Bizarre positioning and body shape.
That whole thing was bizarre. He seemed to somehow injure himself kicking the ball (straight to a City player) and flopped to the ground, only to immediate recover and go on to make that - not very good - attempt at a save.

What kind of injury do you get from kicking a ball that you recover from that quickly?

caid

Were a bit of a disaster in every single area of the pitch. There needs to be a plan as to which order we fix them because they all need to change. Renewing should be out of the question.

RedDevilQuebecois

I just wish he was not this mild mannered considering the many donkeys he had in the back 4 in front of him over the years. There are times, like today, when I wish he did an Oliver Kahn on Maguire. We can ask Andreas Herzog how he feels when his teammate Kahn gave him a loud bollocking, grabbed him and ragdolled him. Some centre-backs are so stupid that they need to taste that once.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
His kicking compared to Ederson’s was shocking. We need to move on from him, the sooner the better.

JB7

Utter shite as usual for 3 of the 4 goals. Blokes a fecking joke, shouldn't be near the team.

Oranges038

Yesterday should finally be enough for people to realise that making the odd camera save just isn't enough.

He needs to be replaced.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I love him for his time here and he is a legend of this club -

But I do have this sneaky little feeling in my gut that the day when De Gea is replaced by a number 1 keeper will see us improve a level we didn't expect to do.

Sylar

Some of his double saves wouldnt need to be double saves if he could do what VDS / Big Pete could do and push it wider rather than back into six yard box.
Maybe being harsh.

But yes, he needs replacing (one of the many positions)

Idxomer

He's the 1st one who needs replacing, not because he's our biggest problem but to signal a clear intent that we're moving on from this shitty brand of football. It will give a warning by the new manager that no one can coast by on previous performances or level.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Said it before but he invites pressure on to us and then gets the plaudits when he makes saves due to said pressure.

One of many big decisions that has been passed on to the next manager to deal with than be dealt with by Ralf.
Agreed.

Also we should just be rid of him so we can stop seeing him tweet about how "we're all hurting so sowwy" after a loss. But the club loves that kind of PR bullshit so...

Seij

Were a bit of a disaster in every single area of the pitch. There needs to be a plan as to which order we fix them because they all need to change. Renewing should be out of the question.
You can't just be a world-class shot-stopper in a team aspiring for major trophies. Well, you can get away with it to a certain extent but not when the other aspects of your game are bottom of the league tier.

We should be trying to upgrade him this summer. Give Henderson a string of games and if he's not good enough either, sell him and then sign a modern goalkeeper this summer.

He'll probably get renewed instead for 400k around late this year instead.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
If the club renews his contract, his salary should be halved at the very least. Simply an average goalkeeper these days.

Longshanks

People set their agendas 2-3 years ago and they aren't budging.
Unlike alot of agendas on this place, the de gea ones are actually backed up with stats. Worst GK in the league at every goalkeeping statistic other than shot stopping. Basically a very limited goalkeeper.

I was looking forward to him not being in the starting line up today, I'm now dissapointed, wonder how long it will be before I'm cursing him for rubbish distribution, or staying firmly on his line or forcing his defenders to deal with balls he should deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.