Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

We are going to renew his contract aren't we?
I don't get how this works now.

Should we really renew DDG? No
Sentiment means alot will want him renewed cause apparently he is player of the year, but then are we going to give him a massive pay cut? Surely we cannot offer more than 350k which he currently is on.

Hughes35

We should offer him a new contract but at a normal level. We should offer around 120k per week. If he holds out for 350k again then let him go.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You'd think we'd have at least 1 data analyst knocking about somewhere.
Result of analysis:
1. Is a male
2. Is tall
3. Likes donut (a bit too much)

Conclusion: increase his salary, a tall GK with nimble hands hard to beat.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
No. We will not. We will get rid of his high salary and distribute it among high performers like Rashford and Shaw.
Wouldn't be great, but I still feel like those two have a future here despite their terrible season.

RedDevil@84

Wouldn't be great, but I still feel like those two have a future here despite their terrible season.
We should wait and see if they improve. And then maybe decide if they have a future. Any contract talks should be shelved till we see an improvement.

Sylar

Surprised no one is faulting him for the goal.
Think his high standards on saving shots like that it wouldn't have been a surprise if he did save it
But yeah not at fault

Hes done mostly well for us. But we do need to move him on next season but we probably won't

JB7

BEIN sports called the save ‘Hollywood.’
They aren't wrong. A normal goalkeeper is a couple of steps further forward and it makes it a relatively simple save for them. He gives himself far too much work to do with the save by being too deep, it's been a trait throughout his career and if anything is getting worse with it..

Doesn't cover himself in glory for the goal given his only useful skill is supposed to be shot stopping; other goalkeepers deal with the ball into the box given the distance it travels but we know he doesn't ever do that so from an attacking point of view it's a perfect ball into the box against us.

Very very lucky to two occasions today - Ihanacho through on goal, similar body shape to the Burnley goal where he's showing the attacker exactly where to put the ball for an easy finish and thankfully it was terrible striker player. Second was the second goal, comical goalkeeping and was very lucky for the foul in the build up.

This guys going to get our player of the season again and it's a joke.

copen1945

He was MOTM for the Leicester match and will the player of the season. I am not sure that is a good thing for the club.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
They aren't wrong. A normal goalkeeper is a couple of steps further forward and it makes it a relatively simple save for them. He gives himself far too much work to do with the save by being too deep, it's been a trait throughout his career and if anything is getting worse with it..

Doesn't cover himself in glory for the goal given his only useful skill is supposed to be shot stopping; other goalkeepers deal with the ball into the box given the distance it travels but we know he doesn't ever do that so from an attacking point of view it's a perfect ball into the box against us.

Very very lucky to two occasions today - Ihanacho through on goal, similar body shape to the Burnley goal where he's showing the attacker exactly where to put the ball for an easy finish and thankfully it was terrible striker player. Second was the second goal, comical goalkeeping and was very lucky for the foul in the build up.

This guys going to get our player of the season again and it's a joke.
He was two steps off his line for a header from twelve yards. He was in fine position & made a phenomenal save.

He did give up the near post on the disallowed goal.

JB7

He was two steps off his line for a header from twelve yards. He was in fine position & made a phenomenal save.

He did give up the near post on the disallowed goal.
It's not a fine position at all, if it was he wouldn't need to fling himself across his goal. 90% of PL goalkeepers are two steps forward from where he is and it's then a simple save.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's not a fine position at all, if it was he wouldn't need to fling himself across his goal. 90% of PL goalkeepers are two steps forward from where he is and it's then a simple save.
No keeper is nearly on his six yard line on that play. He was in proper position & made the save he needed to. He had truly criticizable moments today, but that ain’t one.

JB7

No keeper is nearly on his six yard line on that play. He was in proper position & made the save he needed to. He had truly criticizable moments today, but that ain’t one.
How big are your steps?! I'm talking shuffle steps as the goalkeeper would be doing in that moment, in reality for a simpler save he probably wants to be an extra yard out.

Look it's not a criticism, as much a comment that he gives himself too much to do. It's a very good save but it doesn't need to be so difficult. I was responding to you saying it had been called "Hollywood", which it was. It's not as if I'm saying he should have caught it, I'm just making the point that goalkeepers like Alisson, Sa, Mendy, Ramsdale, Sanchez etc, are most likely making that save but in a much more straightforward way due to how they position themselves for balls into the box.

Foxbatt

Exactly if he was so further forward he is going to be beaten by the pace of the ball. Plus he would be in no mans land.

JB7

Exactly if he was so further forward he is going to be beaten by the pace of the ball. Plus he would be in no mans land.
It's a good thing no ones said he should be stood on his 6 yard line then isn't it :rolleyes:

Foxbatt

How big are your steps?! I'm talking shuffle steps as the goalkeeper would be doing in that moment, in reality for a simpler save he probably wants to be an extra yard out.

Look it's not a criticism, as much a comment that he gives himself too much to do. It's a very good save but it doesn't need to be so difficult. I was responding to you saying it had been called "Hollywood", which it was. It's not as if I'm saying he should have caught it, I'm just making the point that goalkeepers like Alisson, Sa, Mendy, Ramsdale, Sanchez etc, are most likely making that save but in a much more straightforward way due to how they position themselves for balls into the box.
No way he is going to make that save if he was forward. The ball was in the air and there was a loop and was dropping when he got to it. If he was forward it would have looped into the net.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

‘Hollywood’ means that he was playing it up for the camera, he most certainly wasn’t. It was a rather normal save via à vis body shape, etc. that any of those keepers would also make.

JB7

No way he is going to make that save if he was forward. The ball was in the air and there was a loop and was dropping when he got to it. If he was forward it would have looped into the net.
Yeah that's just not correct. The ball isn't high at all, it's looping yes but no keeper is getting lobbed by that. If you're a yard, even half a yard, further forward you've got considerably less distance to make up to the side so you can comfortably make contact with the ball at a higher point.

‘Hollywood’ means that he was playing it up for the camera, he most certainly wasn’t. It was a rather normal save via à vis body shape, etc. that any of those keepers would also make.
Fully aware of what "Hollywood" means and as I'm saying, it's much less of a camera save if those other goalkeepers are in goal due to their slightly higher initial positioning; it just wouldn't look anywhere near as spectacular because they would give themselves considerably less work to do.

Trequartistry

Save of the season? Anyway De Gea saves us again..
Fairly standard save I’d expect any other goalkeeper to make. Just looks really good for the cameras. Plenty of times he didn’t come out for crosses he should have and for Madders’ goal his positioning was awful, near post beaten again just like the past 10 years he’s been in goal.

Trequartistry

Nonsense.
I’m not sure why De Gea’s saves are often made out to be like no one else saves them. Standard is a bit over the top but I’d expect most goalkeepers to save it.

Anyways I just remembered Leicester’s goal and he should be doing so much better

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I’m not sure why De Gea’s saves are often made out to be like no one else saves them. Standard is a bit over the top but I’d expect most goalkeepers to save it.

Anyways I just remembered Leicester’s goal and he should be doing so much better
Tim Howard, and now Peter Schmeichel have heaped praise on that save. I thought it was a great save in real time, but since it has been backed by ex pros, I'm going to continue to believe it was a great save.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Surprised no one is faulting him for the goal.
I think he could have done better for the goal. Ball was headed fairly centrally, at not a great deal of pace and he got a hand to it. Should be keeping that out.

The Fofana save was fantastic, though.

Oranges038

It's a great save but his positioning for that cross is so wrong that he ends up diving backwards to keep it out.

On the goal, it doesn't help that he's jumps and is off the ground as the header is hit. He had moved across the goal and then does this little jump as Iheanacho heads it. No idea what he is doing in that moment, he probably saves it comfortably otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.