Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lost7

Give him a new contract and let his beat there record of appearances for the club. How many more does he need?

arthurka

It's pretty pathetic if you can't credit DDG for his performance today.
It didn't need one more giving him credit for his saves, he can do that but can he claim a high ball that's the question? His kicking today was good but he was glued to his line once again. I have him an 8 if you want to know, but he is such a limited keeper.

El Jefe

I think he's proving that it would be a waste of money buying a new goalie this summer. I seriously doubt anyone we bring in will be better than him.

All of the faults that we've been complaining about for years seem to be fading away with every passing match.

Give him a new deal I'd say.

Okey

Looks like the best keeper in the league at the moment. Quite the turnaround he's had this season.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Quietly having a very good season. If it wasn't for the fact that we actually have competent players in most positions as well as a competent manager now, then he'd be our POTY for the millionth time.

Last edited:

Red Star One

Proving doubters wrong this season. I adore this guy, the fact he’s with us since Sir Alex times, the way he was always classy and committed, model professional who loves and respects the club. Another excellent game and indeed he might be the best goalkeeper in the league this year.

Devil81

If he continues like this I don't think we will be needing to shop for a keeper. He's just got to accept reduced terms or he will have to go anyway.

350k a week is no longer acceptable.

Sylar

Looks rejuvenated like a second wind has hit him. Maybe it's because majority of the games he's looked ahead and seen varane, Martinez, casemiro, eriksen...

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I’ve been one of his biggest critics but he’s been making some excellent saves lately. #DaveSaves.

(NB: still think we should move on from him come summer).

RedPed

Whatabouter.
People need to put some respect on this guy's name. I just hope we sort his contract out. Be careful what you wish for.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Said it before, Clubs will be lining up to sign him for free at his current wage. The idea that we should lowball his wage for that extension is a silly thought, imho. A Gk as accomplished like him would cost 50-70m, plus big wage.

Skills

Snitch
Rather have stability in goal than lose him.
People underrate this. It's the one position in football, you don't feck around with.

The upside is a lot smaller, than potentially ending up with someone who gets completely overwhelmed at the big stage.

Zoo

Said it before, Clubs will be lining up to sign him for free at his current wage. The idea that we should lowball his wage for that extension is a silly thought, imho. A Gk as accomplished like him would cost 50-70m, plus big wage.
Which major clubs in Europe would line up to give him 350k a week?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Which major clubs in Europe would line up to give him 350k a week?
I don't know about "major clubs".
How much wage do you think he's worth? 200k/wk?
Then It's equal to ~400k/wk on 5 year contract if he's on free (assuming a conservative value of 50m for him).

Sylar

Then It's equal to ~400k/wk on 5 year contract if he's on free (assuming a conservative value of 50m for him).
Which major clubs do you think would go for him that he would see as a sideways step or step up?

RkkMan

And who's going to give a 33yr old GK anything beyond a 3yr contract at best?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And who's going to give a 33yr old GK anything beyond a 3yr contract at best?
That's even better for him. He can demand higher wage. And this would probably his last hoorah, and it doesn't make sense for him agreeing to extend 1 year on lower wage.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Ok let me rephrase:
-which serious club (CL team who can afford the pages) will go after DDG on his current wages?
I don't think it has to be "serious clubs". Why does it have to be "serious Clubs"?

Anyway. This is all just my thinking. I don't see any argument that could change my mind at this point.

RkkMan

That's even better for him. He can demand higher wage. And this would probably his last hoorah, and it doesn't make sense for him agreeing to extend 1 year on lower wage.
I said at best. It likely won't be beyond 2yrs and even then he's not getting anything near £375k a week Alisson/Ederson/Neuer aren't even on half of that De Gea won't be an exception
A 1/2yr extension on approximately half his current wages is likely the best offer he'll get

Lyng

It didn't need one more giving him credit for his saves, he can do that but can he claim a high ball that's the question? His kicking today was good but he was glued to his line once again. I have him an 8 if you want to know, but he is such a limited keeper.
Who was playing in front of him? As soon as we have Lindelöf and Maguire together Dave stops sweeping. Those two together are such a detriment to our play and to the other players.

Sylar

I don't think it has to be "serious clubs". Why does it have to be "serious Clubs"?

Anyway. This is all just my thinking. I don't see any argument that could change my mind at this point.
Because if it's not serious, then it's not a worry to United. That's the whole basis towards your point no?

I just didn't understand the point behind your thinking so was asking you to explain?

Clubs lining up to sign him? I don't think ddg or united would be worried if the clubs are Everton, betis, or benfica.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Because if it's not serious, then it's not a worry to United. That's the whole basis towards your point no?

I just didn't understand the point behind your thinking so was asking you to explain?

Clubs lining up to sign him? I don't think ddg or united would be worried if the clubs are Everton, betis, or benfica.
The whole point is DDG would find clubs that would offer him that 350-375k wage he has now, if he's on free this summer. What does it have to do with only "serious clubs"? Is Newcastle a "serious club", for instance?

Sylar

The whole point is DDG would find clubs that would offer him that 350-375k wage he has now, if he's on free this summer. What does it have to do with only "serious clubs"? Is Newcastle a "serious club", for instance?
a serious club is one that can afford him and one ddg would think about joining. Now you have your definition. again, You're focusing on one specific word to avoid the question,

Which clubs are lining up for him that ddg would realistically join?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
a serious club is one that can afford him and one ddg would think about joining. Now you have your definition. again, You're focusing on one specific word to avoid the question,

Which clubs are lining up for him that ddg would realistically join?
Clubs that can afford to offer him that wage. How do you know DDG's priority or think? I'm not a prophet to know which clubs they are, man. But players have that kind of wage in many clubs.

On free, he might not get as high wage as that. But the signing fee as free player would offset the difference. He won't get that signing fee when extending with United, i'd guess.

Last edited:

TheGame

No one is going to offer those wages. PSG would have but they have Donnorumma. Not even Newcastle would offer those figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.