Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Been good this season so has enough credit in the bank for me overlook that. Needs to cut that out though. Very odd.

Milo2035

Of all his mistakes that have lead to goals... this might actually be his worst, because normally, when he fecks up at least you can sort of see what he was trying to do.... here though, I have no earthly idea what he was trying to do/thinking.

His positioning is all wrong, his body shape is all wrong, his legs are all wrong... it's almost like he just shuts down and just stands there. It's totally bizarre.
Nope, his blunder against Messi at Nou Camp will never be surpassed

El Jefe

I thought the matchday thread was from the 2018/19 season the way people were going on as if this was the latest in a string of howlers.

He had a bad game but no need to overstate it. He's been good lately so hopefully this was just a blip.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Of all his mistakes that have lead to goals... this might actually be his worst, because normally, when he fecks up at least you can sort of see what he was trying to do.... here though, I have no earthly idea what he was trying to do/thinking.

His positioning is all wrong, his body shape is all wrong, his legs are all wrong... it's almost like he just shuts down and just stands there. It's totally bizarre.
And even after the error his reaction is so weird. Just freezes. Rabbit in the headlights.

Mind you, this error is in a similar position on the WTF scale.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Nope, his blunder against Messi at Nou Camp will never be surpassed
Nah he's done a few of those (literally this season at Brentford) - and so do many keepers at some point - and again, you can tell what he is trying to do, drop low, get there body behind it and save it comfortably, but it just squirms under him.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I may just be De Gea's biggest critic, but this goal today didn't bother me. Let me see if I can explain myself right as to why I'm not concerned about it. As a former employer once told me, "if you're going to feck up, feck up big because it's the little mistakes that drive me nuts". This was in reference to working in a restaurant. My boss would rather I dumped a tray of drinks on a table then forget to punch in "no onions" when a guess doesn't want onions. Today De Gea dumped a tray of drinks on a table and I doubt it will happen again...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Butland’s signing has him rattled.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
And even after the error his reaction is so weird. Just freezes. Rabbit in the headlights.

Mind you, this error is in a similar position on the WTF scale.

Yeah that ones one of his worst ones (certainly more then the Messi one) but again you can see what he's thinking - he wants to catch the ball and just fecks it up.

Here, I don't get it... he's not trying to put the ball behind, he's body isn't even in a position where he's expecting the ball to come to him (which in itself is weird)... and when it does come to him, i'm not entirely sure he's even trying to save it!

ShinjiNinja26

He’s always been prone to howlers like this now and again. Hopefully just a one off and he gets it out of his mind quickly, he’s been in great form of late.

Devil81

Not his first this season.

My heads messed up with him, I'm 50/50 which isn't good.

Djemba-Djemba

I just hope we don't get that thing where he goes on to make errors every week for a while now.

He's been good this season overall I'd say but I still would love to have a new keeper more suited for ETH.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
If this thread his taught me one thing, it's that I will discourage my kid from becoming a goalkeeper.

Sylar

It was like he was posing for a pic :lol:
Or had a drunken night out on Saturday and playing on an early Sunday, trying to keep his balance .
Bizarre. Even if he expected the ball to go out of play it was weird what he did. Thankfully didn't cost us

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He loses competition for one day (Dubravka) and he goes back to being cack!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He’s always been prone to howlers like this now and again. Hopefully just a one off and he gets it out of his mind quickly, he’s been in great form of late.
I think that one tops the lot though. Will be in all the keeper calamities highlights.

arnie_ni

Just a howler. Not even sure what he was trying to do. It's actually that unusually bad I'm not worried.

If he dropped a cross for someone to score a tap in it would be one of those that can accumulate into a few errors in back to back games.

This one should just be wiped clean it's thay unusual.

Lights Out

How nice of you.

He is not the answer for the future, but he has deserved some respect. Shouldn't be that hard.
Why and how has he deserved enough respect to negate criticism for an error like that?

I’ve disliked his character and performances for 3 years now as they have been way below the wages he engineered. Isn’t he the highest paid goalkeeper in the world? It’s a disgrace.

He is a coward and a charlatan and I for one won’t be fooled by the odd last minute ‘straight at him’ save like at Molineux.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Why and how has he deserved enough respect to negate criticism for an error like that?

I’ve disliked his character and performances for 3 years now as they have been way below the wages he engineered. Isn’t he the highest paid goalkeeper in the world? It’s a disgrace.

He is a coward and a charlatan and I for one won’t be fooled by the odd last minute ‘straight at him’ save like at Molineux.
11+ years, 500+ appearances, four times player of the year.

It takes a minimal amount of respect not to call a long-serving player who has never actually done anything remotely cnutish a cnut, unless you yourself are a cnut.

arthurka

Ok didn't claim shit, didn't sweep, fault for both the goals but got bailed out due to some fine margins for their second. It's time to look for a new keeper asap.

RedCurry

I will shamelessly make excuses for him. He was protecting his near post and completely forgets to close the massive gap between his legs. On almost every other day, balls hits him and harmlessly goes out for a corner. Also, that error looks far worse in slow motion.

Mepp

He just gets complacent. Strikers miss chances and keepers make the odd howler. I'd rather De Gea in goal than the majority of keepers out there. We'll be in for a shock when he leaves

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I will shamelessly make excuses for him. He was protecting his near post and completely forgets to close the massive gap between his legs. On almost every other day, balls hits him and harmlessly goes out for a corner. Also, that error looks far worse in slow motion.
I love De Gea, but today he made an embarrassing error.

Still a great goalkeeper. These threads are too reactionary.

Andersonson

Ok didn't claim shit, didn't sweep, fault for both the goals but got bailed out due to some fine margins for their second. It's time to look for a new keeper asap.
Laughable suggestion. He is top class. Every GK makes an error.

Cheer the boys on. We're doing good

Red Royal

Poor day at the office and we should eventually move to a more 'modern' keeper but we have far bigger priorities to address first (CF, CM, RB)

acnumber9

I love De Gea but that might have been the worst piece of goalkeeping I’ve ever seen. For a keeper who excels at saving with his feet it was incredibly weird.

acnumber9

How was he at fault for the disallowed goal? Hell of a stretch.

Lyng

Some of you lot need to watch a highlight reel of Neuers flops. Comical mistake today. But based on his season so far it's nothing to worry about.

Longshanks

He has been pretty solid recently in fairness, and he has improved his sweeping. But he definitely has some sort of mental issue when working round his posts. The amount of complete brain farts he has when he is close to his posts is remarkable. I think he forgets about goalkeeping and gets distracted by not hurting himself on the post.

He has improved his sweeping fair enough, but he still has too many glaring flaws for my liking it's a priority alongside a CF IMO.

Telsim

Well, everyone makes mistakes. Had we lost this, I'd have given him a hard time, but he's been great this season, so he gets a pass this time.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I said after the last game he's made up for the mistakes against Brentford. Well now we're back to de gea of the past few seasons. His sweeping has improved but he's still garbage at dealing with crosses. He's just not a brave, proactive keeper. His instinct is to stand back and rely on his reflexes. Nice guy and legend but I'd lean towards moving him on in the summer at this point .

fallengt

He made same mistake twice in a game, one saved by VAR.
Can't fathom what he tried to do there.

@GifLord highlight at 73' please

Last edited:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Incredible over reaction to his mistake. Mistakes happen and everyone makes them. It's when it becomes a pattern or a regular occurrence that we should worry and, so far this season, that's not been the case.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I said after the last game he's made up for the mistakes against Brentford. Well now we're back to de gea of the past few seasons. His sweeping has improved but he's still garbage at dealing with crosses. He's just not a brave, proactive keeper. His instinct is to stand back and rely on his reflexes. Nice guy and legend but I'd lean towards moving him on in the summer at this point .
Wait so after the last game you were perfectly happy, but based on last night the entire POV has changed and De Gea is back to his worst?

Seems a perfectly logical take!

RopersReturn

We all have off days, fortunately he had an extremely efficient back four in front of him last night. No doubt he’ll look back on the one mistake he made and move on accordingly.

Rake

To be honest, if this was a lower league in a different country, I would have thought he did that on purpose. His reaction was so bizarre, even more so after the ball rolled passed him.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
This is what I’ve been waiting for. De Gea is a keeper of chaos. He revels in it. I’ve said all year that as soon as we start to become good then his issues will arise. They stick out under pressure. This is the start.

A new contract will be a monumental error of judgement.
What an odd statement.
I think what @Kag means is that De Gea performs well when he has to be called upon often. He will make save upon save in that kind of situation. However, he is prone to mistakes when the opposition chances are few and far between. He's prone to lapses in concentration like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.