David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Only thing bad about this is that Chicharito will have to suffer under him, again. Imagine signing for a club only to have them appoint David Moyes a few months later. :(

Brophs

The One and Only

It’s like they’re having a ‘Who can come up with the worst idea’ competition down there at the moment.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Just seen on Twitter that David Moyes, Sam Allardyce, Roy Hodgson, Tony Pulis and Mark Hughes have had 23 separate Premier League jobs between them. That's absolutely ridiculous!!
Throw in Pardew and Harry Redknapp and you've the full cast of the PL managerial merry go round.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Hang on, I thought according to Shearer and his pundit bunch, British managers couldn't get a look in, what with all those foreign managers taking their jobs and all...?

Yet this fecker has now failed, consecutively in 4 jobs and gets a PL job?

Open the fecking talent pool to black managers and women coaches because British football clearly needs more talent if this is what's acceptable.

Just watched his interview...

Talking about the importance of bringing in his own coach staff who he can trust...

Also stating Sunderland was his only job that didn't go well.

He's a prick and I really hope he gets sacked in a couple of months.

Revaulx

Can be different to spot talent that can reach Man United level.
Agreed. But what about Sunderland level?

Jagielka, Baines and Coleman cost sod all and have been great for Everton. None of them played for Moyes at Preston. And yet his cheap buys at Sunderland were mainly players he knew from previous clubs, and all terrible.

Fitchett

Jagielka, Baines and Coleman cost sod all and have been great for Everton. None of them played for Moyes at Preston. And yet his cheap buys at Sunderland were mainly players he knew from previous clubs, and all terrible.
Coleman only really got a look in at Everton after Moyes left to join United. Moyes' regular right back was the inspirational Tony Hibbert.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This can't be true can it? Must be a wind up

stevoc

"It's always been something I've liked. I like West Ham."

"I want a big fan base and I want a big club. And West Ham fitted all the bill."

"I've always wanted to be involved with entertaining, attacking football..."

"I've managed 5 clubs in my time. I started at Preston. I went to Everton. Everybody knows...it's well documented with my period at Manchester United. I done some which I really wanted to do, which was go abroad and work in Spain, and I done that. And it's only been my last job where I feel as if it wasn't a good move and I didn't enjoy it and it didn't work out well."

He really is a deluded fecker!
So he thinks the United and Sociedad jobs did work out well?

:lol:

Paul_Scholes18

He did terrible at Sunderland no doubt. Nothing good to say about that time. Might be due to mental instability after his failure with us. He clearly struggle to let it go and is deeply hurt by it. If he keep up the Sunderland form West ham will go down. Would be quite tragic if we see no response and just total collapse from West Ham. I think the Sunderland failure has given him some more fight and also some self reflection so I do think he will do better at West Ham and keep them up. Changing managers usually gives teams a boost and so he could possible use that to get a decent start. Although getting Moyes probably don't inspire many/if any players to perform better.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Moyes is a great manager. Manchester United was a big step for him and i believe we had too many expectations from him. He managed Everton for a long time and did very well with them. He maintained the budget there well and brought in quality players all the time. Sunderland were too mediocre and below par. West Ham is the right club for him and i personally want him to do well.
No white text? Dude are you doing this for the likes or what because, you already on the wrong foot with 99% of caftards already with the first sentence itself.. :lol:

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
His "great quailities" were literally being able to pick up a few handy players on the cheap. Cahill and Pienaar... And that's about it. When he was given decent money at Everton he spent it on dross like Dinyar Billialetdinov.
True. He spent what was big money at the time on some bang average players.

People also talk about his signings of Baines, Jagielka and Cahill as if it makes him a scouting mastermind when the former two were clear stand out players in promoted teams and the latter had been known as one of the best players in the Championship for years and just scored the winner in an FA Cup semi-final.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Paul Merson talkin earlier on about how Moyes' managerial failures have given him character. When in actuality they really just prove he's shit.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
They sacked him a couple of years ago because they felt they could do better than his brand of football. That has gone well, then.
Bilić’s first season was miles better than Allardyce, in both performances and results. Even last year they did better than Allardyce had in his last two seasons despite the disadvantage of playing at that awful stadium. Let’s not pretend that just because they’ve gone backwards and brought in another old dinosaur that sacking Allardyce wasn’t the correct decision.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
As for Sunderland, they've been a mess for years now and as with Everton, and they've just hounded out another manager while they sit bottom of the Championship. Fans there think they should be in Europe.
It baffles me that anyone can defend Moyes at Sunderland. They were crap for years but O’Neill, Di Canio, Poyet, Advocaat and Allardyce all kept them up. Moyes comes in, spends €42m and finishes bottom of the league, 16 points below 17th place.

Even considering the state of the club he was an abject failure.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Geoff Hurst's.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
That was one of the poorest sides to win the Premier League, the 12/13 United side - Tom Cleverley started half of the PL games that season. It was literally only the managerial genius of SAF that got us across the line.
To expect Moyes to just waltz to the title the following season was never going to happen. I honestly think he was harshly judged.
Also for people to say he's arrogant considering the current incumbent of the position is strange. Many, if not all top managers have a streak of arrogance about them.
And many, if not all top managers have a sacking somewhere on their CV - Mourinho included and Ancelotti only recently. It seems to be fashionable to build Moyes up as some sort of joke manager and I think that's wide of the mark.
He finished seventh. SEVENTH!

All that was expected of him was to finish in the top four.

As with Sunderland, it wasn’t an easy job but he failed spectacularly.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Not sure everyone hates them but certainly most United fans dislike them because of 1995. They played out of their skin to get a draw and stop United winning the league. That was fair enough in itself but they celebrated it like they had won something themselves.

Can't wait until Moyes drags them down.
Many figures in the UK media also support them so they are treated like a “big club” and given a lot more coverage than other teams of their level.

They’re also associated with racially abusing their own black players and hooliganism back in bad old days, as well as being the club choice for the sort of cockney “white van men” and wannabe hardmen like Danny Dyer and Ray Winstone.

I’m not even British and I dislike them.