Day 18: Switzerland vs Spain | Belgium vs Italy (QF 1&2)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That was pathetic yeah.
The kind of thing that happens constantly with #8s. But only Pogba is subject to a public inquiry when you it happens to him. Maybe Witsel isn't good enough to 'unlock' Tielemans..?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Belgiums defence is nowhere near good enough to play like. Get on the ball ffs.

Jotun

Insigne looks a gem of a player to me. Perfect on the ball and constantly moving and finding space off the ball.

hubbuh

Munier is wank every time I watch him. Glad United never went for the useless bastard

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I forgot just how good Bonucci's passing from the back is :drool:

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
The second Italian goal shows the difference in mentality.

Belgium were on the attack and Italy were like a pack of wolves to win back the ball. Italy started to build from the back and the defender with the ball jogged round a walking De Bruyne and the ball ended up with Insigne who scored a peach.

Raredaredevil

Just realized if Switzerland had beaten Spain, Italy would have met them again. Completely forgot they were in the group stage. How time flies in a football tournament.

Superunknown

Belgium are just giving the ball away so cheaply. Tielemans and Witsel have been quite disappointing in midfield, imo. This Italian team are really good, but they've had the freedom of that midfield.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That KDB one could definitely have been given. What's VAR at?
VAR is taking a "low input" approach to this tournie so either its an offside call or something absolutely horrid for it to intervene, in general they are leaving decisions to the ref.

Stormpetrel

We are truly battering them, despite a gap in individual quality, but the penalty is a lifeline to them. The second half will be a different game played on mental toughness.
I mean other than de Bruyne and Lukaku are Italian players not mostly as good/better?

Verratti > Witsel
Jorginho > Tielemans

Cloud7

Anyone ever think of how mind boggling it is that Belgium gave their best ever generation of players to Roberto Martinez