Day 19: Brazil vs Mexico and Belgium vs Japan

AndyJ1985

Alan shearer is spot on there. People complain about diving and then ask why players don't go down easily when they heve the chance. Can't heve it both ways

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Another conclusion from this game is that England vs Colombia will not be a easy one, even if on theory England is favourite.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Time for the gatorade half time break, sponsored by gatorade. Who’s our Sprite man of the match so far?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It’s borderline to say England are favourites. Especially if James plays.
I think James isn't fit. England best 11 is stronger than Colombia best 11. Fair to say Colombia only lost vs Japan because they played almost 90 minutes with 10 men.

Canagel

Best team from Asia by far.
They are one of the few teams who actually press as a team. Much prefer this style of defending as opposed to Russia parking the bus against Spain.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I think James isn't fit. England best 11 is stronger than Colombia best 11. Fair to say Colombia only lost vs Japan because they played almost 90 minutes with 10 men.
I still think that’s debatable. In international tournaments Columbia have much more pedigree in the past half decade or so.

Hopefully the team aren’t underestimating Columbia like most of our media have these past few days.

RedNed77

Dull game but not exploiting the bog brush’s height and physicality against this Japan team is borderline negligent. I’m not a fan of him even as plan B, but surely there’s an easily exploitable weakness there in the Japan defence that Belgium should surely be targeting, he should almost be plan A if qualification to the quarters is the end desire.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I thought the first half was very good despite the lack of goals. Hoping for a Japan goal now for entertainment value.

Drawfull

I know we've been going for a couple of weeks, but why have so many teams got the same fonts on their shirts?

I don't think they are all the same (pretty sure France's is different), but does anyone know?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Belgium really needs to show something different here

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
They are one of the few teams who actually press as a team. Much prefer this style of defending as opposed to Russia parking the bus against Spain.
In the past they had a lot of influnces from Brazil coaches and players, didn't know much about them before the WC, good team.
I still think that’s debatable. In international tournaments Columbia have much more pedigree in the past half decade or so.

Hopefully the team aren’t underestimating Columbia like most of our media have these past few days.
On historic pedigree there is no comparation between England and Colombia.

Now speaking between 2014 to 2018 there is a point to be made, just think England is going on a upward trend while Colombia doesn't look so strong like 4 years ago.

Still would be surprised if England beats Colombia easily but who knows, only Brazil so far won by a 2 goal margin.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Get the feck in!