g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 2: England vs Iran | Senegal vs Netherlands | USA vs Wales

PoTMS

Did you not watch Iran? They recently sacked their coach, they have protest in their country which influences the team and lost their goalkeeper. That team has issues and Iran is cannon fodder. Just compare their players to Senegal their players. Thats a massive difference.

Senegal is a much better team than Iran. I would expect the lower ranked Poland or Serbia to also beat number 20 Iran.
Interesting how no one said this before they got thrashed 6-2. Most people had them finishing second.

Dazzmondo

This game has been terrible. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Ecuador top the group.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
At least one African Team can compete with the European teams.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Any United fans getting PTSD watching Van Gaal's football?

KeanoMagicHat

I don’t miss watching Van Gaal as manager of my team. Rigid structure for stale passing. Tough watch.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ally McCoist with the 'he almost hit it too well' brand of commentary. The player hit it straight at the keeper.

Kaos

The injuries are gonna ruin this tournament.
Yeah hardly surprising, and these are all on the first games. Dread to think what the casualty list looks like deeper into the tournament.

Hoping our players get as little gametime as possible. I worry for the likes of Bruno, Dalot, Shaw and Varane.

Beobachter

Did you not watch Iran? They recently sacked their coach, they have protest in their country which influences the team and lost their goalkeeper. That team has issues and Iran is cannon fodder. Just compare their players to Senegal their players. Thats a massive difference.

Senegal is a much better team than Iran. I would expect the lower ranked Poland or Serbia to also beat number 20 Iran.
Senegal recently drew 1-1 with Iran. With Mane.

MDFC Manager

Senegal have been better at almost every aspect of the game. Deserve the win imo if they can push bit more

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Attacker off, Klaassen on.

Never change LVG

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah hardly surprising, and these are all on the first games. Dread to think what the casualty list looks like deeper into the tournament.

Hoping our players get as little gametime as possible. I worry for the likes of Bruno, Dalot, Shaw and Varane.
Varane might not start, I hope he doesn't tbh. Not at least before he is 100% fit

Hanks

Queiroz blaming Iranian fans for the loss. Telling them not to come to the stadium if they don't want to support the team.
He's lost the plot. Absolutely tone-deaf or doesn't want to know why it's happening.

I lost all respect for him when he didn't even say: "Yes I support equal rights for Iranian women" in his pre-match conference and instead deflected the question by saying he'd only answer it if Sky gave him money.