Day 4: Costa Rica vs Serbia, Germany vs Mexico , Brazil vs Switzerland

Alabaster Codify7

Mexico were really surprising! Amazing upset, they played some excellent fast football in the first half. Germany are not all that, are they? I said a while back, of course they'll be there or thereabouts, this German team doesn't have the same aura as previous WC winning teams. A lot more beatable, on paper.

Love results and performances like this - what the WC is all about! Over the moon for the Mexican fans.

Brazil will cruise here, 4-1 I reckon.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brazil will hammer the swiss here IMO. Dont particularly rate Switzerland, Brazil use good tactics now unlike 4 years ago and are a pretty complete side these days. Dont see them finishing anywhere but top of their group, but the question for them will be the knockout rounds when they play other quality sides. They're up there with Spain as favourites though imo. Plus Neymar for Brazil is always quality, plus he has the supporting cast to back him up unlike Argentina and Portugal.

belanglos

Supports
Bayern München
Now we are forced to win against Sweden and South Korea. With our performance in the first half, we might draw one of those. Only players that showed up were our substitutes Reus and Brandt. Hummels and Khedira were a catastrophe. Hummels was the reason we received the goal. Hope he'll play better in the next game. Hope Reus starts, I bet he will. And Löw should really consider to give Brandt the starting chance like this:

Werner
Brandt - Reus - Müller

And don't you dare say Sané would have had any big impact against this Mexiko in this German formation! I think Reus and Brandt would have been the solution - Just bring them earlier or as starters! Pull yourself together Germany!!!

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Why is Jesus rated in Brazil higher than Firmino? Read he's treated like a superstar over there.
He's seen as the next big thing, I guess. Firmino kind of gradually improved to get to this level, while Jesus has that story of a kid from the favelas becoming a star overnight. Also has a better record for Brazil.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What an amazing World Cup so far. Almost all of the matches have been highly entertaining so far. Here hoping for more of the same for rest of the tournament.

RoyH1

I dislike the Swiss football team with passion. They manage to bore me to tears every tournament they’re in, so fir once I will not cheer for the underdog.

Aurell

Supports
Football
that result is the most important I guess. If Germany ends n2, I can't see them beating Brazil. They are inferior in all the sides so they could be already out in the last 16. And between Mexico, 2E, Colombie (1H?) and England/Belgium it's going to be very open for the semis.

Anyway, I don't know if it's really surprising. Most of German players were disappointed during the season with their club or NT like: Muller, Boateng, Hummels, Khedira and Draxler. A lot of person talked about the qualification but they really showed nothing during the friendlies and the offensive side were already poor and without creativity in 2016. The defence is actually slower.

I hope Sule, Brandt and Reus will start a game

Eila

Now we are forced to win against Sweden and South Korea. With our performance in the first half, we might draw one of those. Only players that showed up were our substitutes Reus and Brandt. Hummels and Khedira were a catastrophe. Hummels was the reason we received the goal. Hope he'll play better in the next game. Hope Reus starts, I bet he will. And Löw should really consider to give Brandt the starting chance like this:

Werner
Brandt - Reus - Müller

And don't you dare say Sané would have had any big impact against this Mexiko in this German formation! I think Reus and Brandt would have been the solution - Just bring them earlier or as starters! Pull yourself together Germany!!!
Should have brought Wagner. With Araujo and Reyes out of the cup he's got a good 10 cms on all the mexican defense.

Treble

He's seen as the next big thing, I guess. Firmino kind of gradually improved to get to this level, while Jesus has that story of a kid from the favelas becoming a star overnight. Also has a better record for Brazil.
I see, thanks.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I dislike the Swiss football team with passion. They manage to bore me to tears every tournament they’re in, so fir once I will not cheer for the underdog.
Can't say I disagree with the boring sentiment. This might be the first truly terrible game even if Brazil demolish them with lots of goals.

Scarlet_Emperor

Supports
CR Flamengo
I like Brazil and Tite, but not really keen on the idea of Ederson, Jesus or Firmino lifting the world cup.
Why not? Gabriel Jesus has played very well since his debut and he's the current topscorer of this squad under Tite's command, scoring 10 goals out of 21 games; Firmino made a great season in EPL, and Ederson isn't even the main Brazilian goalkeeper. He is much better than Doni, who was called up by Dunga in 2010, for example. The main weakness of this Brazilian squad at this moment is our right back. Without Daniel Alves there, we must trust in Danilo or Fagner, two average players for Brazilian patterns at very best. Unless you don't like their personality or something like that, I didn't get your point, dude. :confused:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why not? Gabriel Jesus has played very well since his debut and he's the current topscorer of this squad under Tite's squad, scoring 10 goals out of 21 games; Firmino made a great season in EPL, and Ederson isn't even the main Brazilian goalkeeper. He is much better than Doni, who was called up by Dunga in 2010, for example. The main weakness of this Brazilian squad at this moment is our right back. Without Daniel Alves there, we must trust in Danilo or Fagner, two average players for Brazilian patterns at very best. Unless you don't like their personality or something like that, I didn't get your point, dude. :confused:
Because they play for Man city and Liverpool obviously...