Day 4: Scotland vs Czech Republic | Poland vs Slovakia | Spain vs Sweden

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Most of our fans love it when our players fail. The caf is full of it and this is actually one of the better United communities.
They're always trying to put United players down and hype up rival players. It's the same story in every international tournament since I signed up on here.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
If he was on the edge of his own D, maybe a few years further, I’d agree and he’d be in a position to cover either eventuality but he’s gone way to far up and has left himself badly exposed.

One of the reasons those goals are so rare is because there generally isn’t the opportunity to try then because even sweeper keepers position themselves close enough to their goal to quickly get back whilst also being far enough out to sweep up.
He's only badly exposed because of the deflection. If Scotland had retained possession or even turned the ball over closer to the Czech area the goal wouldn't have happened.

Basically, my argument is that the root cause of the goal is the manner of the turnover as it provided the opportunity. Marshall's position is secondary.

Chairman Steve

The Scottish commentary team on BBC reacted to the goal of the tournament like they’d just watched their family die horrificly. :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They have a few decent footballers in midfield, Mctominay isn't one of them
Yep game completely passed McTominay by. Of course he's had to sit on Soucek but very little going forward. McGinn at least tried to get around the pitch and make things happen, they really should play him as number 10 due to lack of options and bring Gilmour in for Croatia game but will be too late by then you'd imagine as their GD will be really fecked after England game.

Giggsyking

Not a big fan of Mctominay, but ffs his fecking manager is an idiot playing him in CB.

MU655

I don't get why Adams and Gilmour (still not coming on) didn't start.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He's only badly exposed because of the deflection. If Scotland had retained possession or even turned the ball over closer to the Czech area the goal wouldn't have happened.
Respectfully disagree I’m afraid, a quick turnover in possession isn’t rare enough to be essentially discounted and there’s no real advantage to him being that far up. 15 yards further back and he can cover both situations.

As an aside that last post of mine shows I shouldn’t type more than a single paragraph on my phone.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Scotland's best players are all defensive. McGinn, Mctominay both defensive midfielders, Robinson is a full back (albeit an attacking one). There is no quality upfront for them that will make a difference.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Did you watch him in the EL final? That's why he starts for United. What better options do we currently have?
Fairplay to his 3 good performances all season yeah. Playing in Scotland team shows exactly his level. Should be one of Ole's task to work on his positioning and turn him into somewhat useful CB. For CM he's too passive, too slow and not proactive enough along with sub par technique for a footballer, let alone United player. But for a CB he can't be worse defensively than Lindelof or worse in the air and is decent carrying the ball out..

Nico87

Still wouldn’t rule Scotland out against us to be fair, they’ll have that extra feck England energy.

Yep game completely passed McTominay by. Of course he's had to sit on Soucek but very little going forward. McGinn at least tried to get around the pitch and make things happen, they really should play him as number 10 due to lack of options and bring Gilmour in for Croatia game but will be too late by then you'd imagine as their GD will be really fecked after England game.
I expect the England vs Scotland game to be really tight. I don’t see many (if any) goals being scored.

Nick7

Czech instantly attacking Scotland right hand side after they brought off the right back.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Respectfully disagree I’m afraid, a quick turnover in possession isn’t rare enough to be essentially discounted and there’s no real advantage to him being that far up. 15 yards further back and he can cover both situations.

As an aside that last post of mine shows I shouldn’t type more than a single paragraph on my phone.
I added to it to clarify that the turnover is the root cause of the goal, not Marshall's postion.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sums it up there, decent spread of play crossfield but Forrest just takes too many touches before shooting.

Deery

Dreary
Really surprised Scotland haven’t scored in this match..