Day 5: Hungary vs Portugal | France vs Germany

el3mel

Not a bad game by Germany actually. Better than expected, just lacking an attacking presence up front.

France are class and are always delivering.

Godfather

There aren't many better confirmations of a good performance than your opponents using these kind of actions.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't know if Rudiger can get in trouble post-game, but that was really weird and should be punished. We can't have players biting others out there. You have to wonder what's going through his mind, there's cameras everywhere.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It reminds me of when the Spanish team needed Messi, this Germany side need Lewandowski.
Yeah, he'd be perfect here, wouldn't he. Everything up until the final third has been really good for Germany. They've played some decent stuff.

Gordon S

What is wrong with Griezmann? He looks uninterested. Dechamps should give Lemar a chance second half

Makelele

Cannot see this team scoring with Gnabry as a CF against the CB pairing with Kante and Pogba in front. What on earth is Lowe trying to do??

Nick7

He’s no better or worse for France than he is for us IMO. It seems every great pass he plays now will be followed by ‘oooh, France Pogba is so good’. Do people not watch him play for United at all? All the same strengths and weaknesses. Every tackle he makes for France will get the same ‘for France’ reaction. Yet after so many games this season I saw numerous posts about ‘great defensive effort’.

Main difference for me is that one team is a lot more successful than the other. The rest is all spun narrative IMO. Same qualities and weaknesses.
Yeah I’m not sure what that post is about France have been in trouble a couple of times because Pogba has switched off defensively leaving Kante alone

Walters_19_MuFc

He’s no better or worse for France than he is for us IMO. It seems every great pass he plays now will be followed by ‘oooh, France Pogba is so good’. Do people not watch him play for United at all? All the same strengths and weaknesses. Every tackle he makes for France will get the same ‘for France’ reaction. Yet after so many games this season I saw numerous posts about ‘great defensive effort’.

Main difference for me is that one team is a lot more successful than the other. The rest is all spun narrative IMO. Same qualities and weaknesses.
People see what they want to see.

Its all one big fat myth.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
This french team is so good, even in a one game knockout tournament I don't think any team can knock them out

Kante is a beast and perfect for these tournaments

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't think when he plays for united he is this motivated.
IMO he’s literally just come off the back off a good season for us. I’m not sure that a lot of these comments are considered. He actually plays well for Manchester United pretty often.

TrustInOle

So, VAR just going to completley miss Rudiger trying to take a piece out of Pogba's back? Dirty sod, should be sent off at half time!

On another note, Varane has looked sensational at the back!

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
France have been fecking awful. Lazy and arrogant like they tend to get sometimes. Don't deserve this lead at all.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
tbf he's played everywhere under 2 managers now, maybe just not the right managers or maybe there's simply just not the same motivation
It’s about the team balance, chemistry and momentum. Some players are just meant to play with better players. Griezmann, Mbappe, Kante, Varane…they give him confidence to play and make it fun. A lot of the best creative players in history needed that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What the feck was Rudiger thinking. How on earth did VAR miss it, would've been game over for Germany if VAR did what it's supposed to do.

hubbuh

IMO he’s literally just come off the back off a good season for us. I’m not sure that a lot of these comments are considered. He actually plays well for Manchester United pretty often.
Yeh I'm slightly baffled by people going on like Pogba doesn't regularly ping balls about for us.

A-man

Will be hard for Germany to score on a France sitting back like that.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah Brazil is nice too. I'm no fan of god save the Queen either mate. It sounds nice, and it always feels silly having a sing song about the Queen.
It has a some imperial essence on him but if we forget that part is much better than the one from Spain. They don’t sing ffs.