Day 5: Sweden vs South Korea, Belgium vs Panama and Tunisia vs England (19H00)

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
wtf he has to wait until the ball is out of game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good decision. Didnt look it until that last angle. Only complaint would be letting South Korea finish that play before stopping as they were on the attack in case it's not a pen

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
It's a clear one, but imagine it wouldn't be a pen.

The ref would stole them a perfect counter. Why the ref wasn't waiting?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Proper call on the pen but the timing of stopping play while the Koreans were on the counter is a bit bizarre.

Loublaze

ATLien
The only game I'm interested in today is the Belgium one, wondering how many Lukaku can score. It's quite a shit day of football in all fairness.
Moaning on a world cup today before the games even began? Well i'll be!

Hansa

Now that Sweden have got one, it could be three or four. The Koreans seem to lack any kind of attacking gameplan.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
What would have happened had Korea scored on the break? Presume still goes back to the penalty and score is chalked off?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Imagine if the Koreans scored a goal on the counter, then a VAR revealed the Swedes should've had a penalty at the other end. Would the Korean goal have counted ?

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Is it just me or are the replays they show during VAR really crappy? It isn't until after it's been awarded that they actually show conclusive replays and replays that aren't 100 mph.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't know why any commentator should be surprised if a defender/centre back goes to take a penalty.

Any professional footballer should be able to sore a penalty from 12 yards... it's more about temperament/handling pressure then anything else.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Imagine if the Koreans scored a goal on the counter, then a VAR revealed the Swedes should've had a penalty at the other end. Would the Korean goal have counted ?
That why i assume he blows before that can happen.

pjaya

Let’s face it, VAR is a great success so far. The pros far outweigh the cons and the video refs are as quick as the NFL ones
Ya a better used of var this World Cup
Imagine var was in place last 2 World Cup
Big difference in the outcome

James Peril

It's a clear one, but imagine it wouldn't be a pen.

The ref would stole them a perfect counter. Why the ref wasn't waiting?
Probably got a message in his ear that it was 100% stonewaller, can't be any other explanation. The problem for me is that the referee has to look at it... just put the responsibility in the VAR's and let the referee point to the spot. Yes he is in charge of the game, but three referees in agreement beats the one on the pitch. They follow the same book after all.