Day 6: Colombia vs Japan, Poland vs Senegal and Russia vs Egypt

Aboutreika18

First half was our level. Defensive and trying to nick a goal from an individual brilliance. Once we concede, this happens every time.

This generation is not that good though. Individually and tactically not good enough for world stage.
Yeah, I think Cuper done a very good job overall getting this lot to the World Cup but it's overall a pretty weak squad, despite having one of its best ever players.

Previous squads were a lot more balanced throughout and had more quality in areas where this team is lacking.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Congrats to Russia for making it to the next round. Worked very hard and deserved.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
These commentators taking the piss out of the Russian commentator for celebrating in front of them. Fecking hypocritical cretins. Those two commentators last night creaming themselves after england beat the mighty tunisia.

Feck all self-awareness.

Bobski

Russia have been super surprising. The cynic is me hopes that the drug testers are doing their job fully, given the recent history of Russian sport.

BBC need to stop whining about Salah, they are such an awful broadcasting team.

RedDevil@84

Well done by Russians. Played their heart out on both matches in front of their home crowd.
Will probably not make it through next round, but being the first team to get in is great effort

el3mel

Congrats Russia. Deserve it very well.

Rubbish everywhere. Conceding an own goal this way while the game was still 0-0 just shows how stupid this squad is.The stupidest team in the tournament with a mile.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Cheryshev, Dzyuba, Golovin... even their old CBs have been playing well. I'm really liking this Russia team

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
First half was our level. Defensive and trying to nick a goal from an individual brilliance. Once we concede, this happens every time.

This generation is not that good though. Individually and tactically not good enough for world stage.
Agreed. Such a shame the 2006-2010 generation never got to play in a world Cup. They really deserved it and played much better as a team imo.

Typical stuff today really. Once the other team scores first, Cuper doesn't really have a response. Salah definitely not 100% fit and yet still the main threat.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That's twice I've heard someone drop something in that BBC studio behind the cameras, on different days. Someone has serious butter fingers.

el3mel

Yeah, I think Cuper done a very good job overall getting this lot to the World Cup but it's overall a pretty weak squad, despite having one of its best ever players.

Previous squads were a lot more balanced throughout and had more quality in areas where this team is lacking.
Overall a rubbish team that has one of the best players in the world that got them to World Cup. I only feel sorry for him as he deserves better than this crap all around him. At least he scored for his own sake.

el3mel

Agreed. Such a shame the 2006-2010 generation never got to play in a world Cup. They really deserved it and played much better as a team imo.

Typical stuff today really. Once the other team scores first, Cuper doesn't really have a response. Salah definitely not 100% fit and yet still the main threat.
I had replied to @K2K few days ago that this generation is just very poor accompanied with a trash manager. They're not suited to lace the boots of any player from 2008-2010 team. Only Salah from this group will get into this historic generation.

But here it's : our best generation never qualifies while the worst goes on to play in World Cup. :houllier:

ti vu

The other teams from Africa cont. were stronger. The competition to get qualified for WC is tougher.

Edit: South Africa hosting the WC2010 is unfortunate though. It took a place for stronger African nation

el3mel

The other teams from Africa cont. were stronger. The competition to get qualified for WC is tougher.
At 2010 it wasn't. We got an easy group and fecked it up against Algeria, whom we beat in CAN later 4-0 and they themselves got knocked out of World Cup not scoring even a single goal.

RedDevilRoshi

These are the types of score predictions that feel 'intuitive' to fans, but very rarely happen. Nonetheless, I put a bet on this combo at 2300 odds. :D
Maybe not the correct scores but I did have a total of 10 goals to be scored across the 3 games :D

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I had replied to @K2K few days ago that this generation is just very poor accompanied with a trash manager. They're not suited to lace the boots of any player from 2008-2010 team. Only Salah from this group will get into this historic generation.

But here it's : our best generation never qualifies while the worst goes on to play in World Cup. :houllier:
Yes. Remember those great Egypt sides that won 3 AFCONs on the trot.

This is a far cry from that.

Canagel

Egypt have one of the best players on the planet but have wasted his talent by not surrounding him with more quality. It's very unfortunate but perhaps they were not ready to compete at this level yet.

Ban

Russians were very good. Deserved victory and they're flying right now. Feel sorry for Egypt but they weren't very good tonight tbh.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Agreed. Imagine salah with abou treika, zidan, younger el hadary, gomaa, Ahmed hassan, hosny et al :drool:

We've taken it poorly in our house, we really thought Egypt would do better.

Ban

Egypt have one of the best players on the planet but have wasted his talent by not surrounding him with more quality. It's very unfortunate but perhaps they were not ready to compete at this level yet.
They can't surround him if they don't have quality players.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Russians to do a Greece? Admittedly there aren't many comparisons between the two. Iirc Greeks were very well organised defensively, this Russian team are not imo.