Day 6: Colombia vs Japan, Poland vs Senegal and Russia vs Egypt

Utdstar01

Player already had his arm out before the shot was taken didn't he? Thought that's harsh to give a red but I can understand the penalty award.

pjaya

Fear for Sanchez safety back in Colombia
U guys remember the own goal?

Hansa

Have a suspicion that Colombia will try everything in their book to make it 10 v 10.

Eila

How come Japan is not starting Honda? He's a quality player.

Fear for Sanchez safety back in Colombia
U guys remember the own goal?
Times have changed. Colombia is a much safer country now than it was 20 years ago. The most dangerous countries in the world now are in Central America.

FireballXL5

Cue massive playacting from the Colombians to try and get things evened up. Pathetic.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That goal and red is probably perfect for this game. Colombia have a lot of young players so will lose their heads in chasing the game and go all out, and probably leave loads of gaps in defence which Japan will constantly look to counter. Should be a really open game, dont think Japan have it in them to properly close the game out

Hansa

I don't mind. Would rather have one too many than see defenders get away with handballs etc
I agree. There are not enough penalties given in everyday football compared to all the fouling going on.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't mind. Would rather have one too many than see defenders get away with handballs etc
Oh absolutely. Probably could've been about 3-4 more even and yet more 50/50 calls. If anything it shows how much refs held back from giving penalties before. Theres at least a legitimate penalty shout for one of the 2 teams in most games when you think about it. With VAR, more of them should get called now so we'll definitely see way more pens. And rightfully so.