Day 6: Finland vs Russia | Turkey vs Wales | Italy vs Switzerland

edcunited1878

Thought it was really low, but he's a continental type player anyways. Think Italy is benefiting from having all of their players playing in Italy and the coaches are very familiar with their style.

Italy and Italian league are always disciplined and understand shape. But now with the pressing and mobility of their central midfield, combined with the movement and understanding of their forward line....this looks like a very good Italy team and glad they have been able to build/sustain on their first group match game. They are a very confident bunch and deserve this. Been impressive thus far.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Swear there’s like no shots this tournament going wide. Everyone is just blazing over the bar.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
To think that half the team won‘t play in the CL without transfers.

hubbuh

Had to mute this.
Whenever people do this, do they just sit there in silence? I've seen a few people making a point of muting the tele when the commentators annoy them, but what does that look like in reality. Sat there alone in a darkened room with no sound is how I imagine it to be. Old tin of opened beans on the mantle piece

Robertd0803

Bit of a strange goal to be remembered forever in the eternal city? Has Matterface seen previous Italian sides?
When I heard it I thought it was some record breaking goal or something like that. Not just that they basically passed the ball in to the net.

Deery

Dreary
Is Chiesa even going to get a look in this team the Barella fella looks class..

RoyH1

It’s kinda unfair that the Swiss finally get a chance with a proper shot at goal and Italy has friggin Donnaruma and his short arms in goal.

Robertd0803

Matterface mentioning Switzerland rarely do anything in major tournaments. Except that time when they beat (arguably) the greatest international side of all time in 2010.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Based on what other big teams so far showed. I think Italy could easily be one of the favourites now. Not that much quality in the final third but perfectly drilled team with nice aggressive approach which a lot of national teams will find difficult to play against.

Zlatans Knee

For anyone saying that Amad is too small, take a look at Insigne. Great player having a great tournament so far.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Cool, are you enjoying the game, I am, really like the look of Italy.
They look exciting to watch!
Yeah they are very impressive. I hadn't given them much thought but noted that a few knowledgeable posters were picking them to go far just as things started so I've been interested to see them and they are excellent so far.

Interestingly, the book version of Black Beauty was banned in apartheid South Africa because of the title!

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Type of side you'd hate to play against this Italy team. Look like they could defend deep and counter if needed, but also have the technical quality to dominate as we've seen these last 2 games.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Whenever people do this, do they just sit there in silence? I've seen a few people making a point of muting the tele when the commentators annoy them, but what does that look like in reality. Sat there alone in a darkened room with no sound is how I imagine it to be. Old tin of opened beans on the mantle piece
Put on some music.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Seeing Keane, Neville and Vieira getting along just doesn’t look right does it :lol:
I guarantee Keane would rather be sitting shoulder to shoulder now with a rival like Vieira than a former teammate like Heinze.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Italy are a quality side with plenty of experience. Hopefully Chiellini is okay it would be a shame if he missed what is most likely his last major tournament.