Day 6: Finland vs Russia | Turkey vs Wales | Italy vs Switzerland

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Italy are superb.

Move the ball so well from central midfield to the wide players.

Think we'll be seeing a France Italy final if draw allows.

cyberman

Bit of a strange goal to be remembered forever in the eternal city? Has Matterface seen previous Italian sides?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Early days but my prediction is looking steady at the moment concerning the Italians.
Like what I'm seeing.

Wayne's World

Italy play like a club side.

All on the same wavelength, their pressing is outstanding, it's Pep's Barcelona's 08-12 style

El Zoido

Commentator oversold that a bit. Decent strike, took a slight deflection. Second game in the group stage, against Switzerland (who are rubbish), will be “remembered forever”. Eh, whatever.

edcunited1878

Great, clean strike....but again, how crap is that defending. A simple run takes away both of the center backs while nobody steps up and closes down the ball and man who is well within shooting range.

Deery

Dreary
Lots of goals in this Italian side could be a real contender.

hubbuh

Bit of a strange goal to be remembered forever in the eternal city? Has Matterface seen previous Italian sides?
Commentators often seem to get a rush of blood to the head following a goal and invariably end up saying something completely over-the-top and stupid.

Irrational.

Matterface is such a shit name. Second only to Shufflebotham. If I was born to a parent of that name I'd be straight on the phone to Deedpoll.

Welbeckham

Italy were genuinely great under Conte in 2016 too, bit unlucky to not get closer to win it. They often look like one of the best managed sides in these tournaments. Hopefully it’s not just a case of peaking early.

hubbuh

Italy were genuinely great under Conte in 2016 too, bit unlucky to not get closer to win it. They often look like one of the best managed sides in these tournaments. Hopefully it’s not just a case of peaking early.
Hopefully that's exactly what it is.