Day 7: Portugal vs Morocco, Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia and Iran vs Spain

Eila

Fahad Almuwalad the lone striker is the only one who can cause damage. He’s quick and can hit the ball hard. Other than that we have no hope.
I think it's a big problem that every one of your players is from your local league. I'm going to take a guess and say you pay VERY well, but it's hard to advance as a player when you don't play the best.

Hamzah

I think it's a big problem that every one of your players is from your local league. I'm going to take a guess and say you pay VERY well, but it's hard to advance as a player when you don't play the best.
As I said in a previous post this isn’t the team that qualified. The coach that led them to the finals was sacked before the tournament probably because he didn’t like being told who should play and who shouldn’t

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This keeper maybe is the Saudi version of Rinat Dassaev? :p

Seriously, good game for Suarez to gain confidence.

marktan

I was kidding. Not funny I know.

First time watching Saudi and they're definitely not the worst team in the tournament. Passing it well and some skillfull players. Korea were much worse.

Loublaze

ATLien
I'd love to see Saudi Arabia pull off a shock here. Im asking for too much.

Eila

Uruguay are still playing zombie football. They have a solid enough backline to give anyone trouble in the knockout rounds, though.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

First time watching Saudi and they're definitely not the worst team in the tournament. Passing it well and some skillfull players. Korea were much worse.
No it wasn't. Do you really want to compare the game South Korea did vs Sweden compared to Saudi Arabia vs Russia?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

They have a nice thought-out system and a good coach but their players are so bad individually that it rarely shows.

marktan

No it wasn't. Do you really want to compare the game South Korea did vs Sweden compared to Saudi Arabia vs Russia?
I did say this game is my first time watching Saudi, so clearly I didn't watch the opener. Not sure I understand the point you're making either.. playing well against Uruguay is infinitely better than not being able to string 3 passes together against Sweden.

Houdini

This KSA... they can't defend, can't pass... they need to work harder and give everything, play with heart because there is no skill. I wonder if this is one of the best team in Asia...

el3mel

They have a nice thought-out system and a good coach but their players are so bad individually that it rarely shows.
Actually I think it's the opposite. Individually not that bad, but very naive and rubbish tactically.

Red Stone

Saudis aren't actually bad at football, just defensively naîve and slightly lacking up front. And they must have the three worst goalkeepers in the entire tournament.

Eila

The worst teams so far have been Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Panama, Nigeria, South Korea, Poland

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I did say this game is my first time watching Saudi, so clearly I didn't watch the opener. Not sure I understand the point you're making either.. playing well against Uruguay is infinitely better than not being able to string 3 passes together against Sweden.
Then maybe better watch that match first. Anyway Iran and Japan are the best Asian teams, Saudi Arabia is worse then South Korea, its only a opinion.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Phil Neville always commentates like he's on Autumnwatch sitting in a camouflaged hide with a pair of binoculars describing a Badger emerging from its set with some newly born cubs for the first time.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The worst teams so far have been Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Panama, Nigeria, South Korea, Poland
We've been by far the worst relative to what should be expected from us.

vodrake

Phil Neville always commentates like he's on Autumnwatch sitting in a camouflaged hide with a pair of binoculars describing a Badger emerging from its set with some newly born cubs for the first time.
I was just thinking exactly the same thing. :lol:

It's as if he's doing a David Attenborough impression or something

el3mel

The one who said Uruguay play like Atletico wasn't wrong. They're incredibly similar, same boring style.