Day 7: Portugal vs Morocco, Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia and Iran vs Spain

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Uruguay have been very disappointing in this tournament so far.
Actually I have to apologise @FootballHQ when he compared Uruguay with Atletico and I said they had nothing to do with them. Curious to see if they will play their best 11 vs Russia.

redshaw

This must be

The worst commentary era

I've heard

Phil Neville.
Owen Hargreaves
Martin Keown
Vicki Sparks (this afternoon)

BT Sport and BBC

must be in competition

who can be the worst

sounding.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Like I keep saying... Uruguay is pretty trash. Arent getting further then the ro16. Cavani flops as always, Suarez is nowhere near what he used to be and they rely on 2 (admittedly quality) centerbacks. Really bad play pretty much everywhere else.

Loublaze

ATLien
god knows. and people were still clamouring for him to play and even come back recently. he's useless.
Maybe its because he was Fergie's last signing even though Moyes sanctioned it. I once had high hopes for him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Actually I have to apologise @FootballHQ when he compared Uruguay with Atletico and I said they had nothing to do with them. Curious to see if they will play their best 11 vs Russia.
Apology accepted, another goal off a set piece I see. ;)

Best thing about this game was the Uruguay anthem.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Apology accepted, another goal off a set piece I see. ;)

Best thing about this game was the Uruguay anthem.
The goals from set pieces are the normal trend for this type of competition. How many games have been won by more than 1 goal margin? 2 or 3?

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Cavani is absolutely useless. Failing to score against the worst side of the WC has to be the low point of his career.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Depends on the outcome of Spain v Iran. If that doesn’t end up as Spain victory they may be better off losing to Russia and facing Portugal from the first place.

Loublaze

ATLien
Uruguay play just like Portugal and United. Only one of them has Ronaldo though.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Who does C. Sanchez play for? He’s shite :lol:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Depends on the outcome of Spain v Iran. If that doesn’t end up as Spain victory they may be better off losing to Russia and facing Portugal from the first place.
Don't like the prospect of playing Russia. They look well... lets say fast for this stage of the season. Hopefully not been drinking too much orange juice made by uncle Vladimir. ;)

Aboutreika18

Not sure why they don't just put Stuani on the wing.

Bentancur and Vecino are good passers but Cristian Rodriguez and Sanchez are just too old to be playing as starting wingers.

Eila

Not sure why they don't just put Stuani on the wing.

Bentancur and Vecino are good passers but Cristian Rodriguez and Sanchez are just too old to be playing as starting wingers.
Is Stuani supposed to be a fast player? Has he changed since his Espanyol days? He's also pretty old.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
However it ends, both Morocco and Saudi Arabia impressed much more in their second outing, and showed they were worthy of WC appearance.

Aboutreika18

Is Stuani supposed to be a fast player? Has he changed since his Espanyol days? He's also pretty old.
Coming off a good season for Girona and would also offer a bigger goal threat going forward.

This team seems to be relying a lot on Cavani and Suarez linking midfield to attack as well as scoring goals.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
However it ends, both Morocco and Saudi Arabia impressed much more in their second outing, and showed they were worthy of WC appearance.
This WC shows there has never been so much balance between International teams, only Panama or Saudi Arabia showed a lot of weaknesses.

el3mel

Such a boring match, lacking quality.

The next match gonna be as boring.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Uruguay's final ball has been shite.

They need to be using Stuani and Maxi Gomez as subs, both had excellent seasons in Spain and with Suarez struggling to get into things, one of those could develop into important player for knock out so vital they get some minutes to try to make an impact.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Neville is such a shit commentator.

I'm probably in minority given he's a ex-United, but bloody hell he doesn't have the knack for it.

Inter Yer Nan

Like I keep saying... Uruguay is pretty trash. Arent getting further then the ro16. Cavani flops as always, Suarez is nowhere near what he used to be and they rely on 2 (admittedly quality) centerbacks. Really bad play pretty much everywhere else.
I could see them sneaking a 1-0 on Portugal or a PK win. I wouldn't be surprised by that by Spain is a tall order. Godin and Giminez can keep Spain out for a while but tough to see them making it 120 minutes with Spain.

Fairly ugly side but quality at the back and occasional magic up front. Pesky underdog.