Day 7: Portugal vs Morocco, Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia and Iran vs Spain

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Phil Neville always commentates like he's on Autumnwatch sitting in a camouflaged hide with a pair of binoculars describing a Badger emerging from its set with some newly born cubs for the first time.
:lol: I am listening to him on the stream,I was going to ask who is the guy who suddenly looks very excited even when nothing special is happening!

FireballXL5

Phil Neville always commentates like he's on Autumnwatch sitting in a camouflaged hide with a pair of binoculars describing a Badger emerging from its set with some newly born cubs for the first time.
So true! :lol:

I wish he was siting in the middle of a forest right now, instead of annoying the feck out of me.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Portugal remind me of Holland in the last World Cup, brilliant when they are against a stronger team and have to counter (both played amazing against Spain) but shit against weaker teams when they have to attack against a defensive side.

Last edited:

VanGaalyTime

Just wish Uruguay would bomb forward a bit more. There are so many goals in this for them.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
The one who said Uruguay play like Atletico wasn't wrong. They're incredibly similar, same boring style.
It was me who said that. :D normally I'd say that it is shameful if Uruguay can't beat Saudi by at least 3 goals but because they are literally an international version of Atletico Madrid, I won't even be surprised if they win this by just 1-0 or 2-0. :lol:

DavidDeSchmikes

Saudi Arabia do play some nice football at times, but there are lacking composure and quality in the final third.

el3mel

It was me who said that. :D normally I'd say that it is shameful if Uruguay can't beat Saudi by at least 3 goals but because they are literally an international version of Atletico Madrid, I won't even be surprised if they win this by just 1-0 or 2-0. :lol:
Congrats mate. You really have a strong eye when it comes to analyzing teams. :D

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Portugal remind me of Holland in the last World Cup, brilliant when they have are against a someone team and have to counter (both played amazing against Spain) but shit against weaker teams when they have to attack against a defensive side.
Its really easy to explain at least from my point of view. This team has no offensive organization. Reason why it was better to play against Spain first. The only thing it makes me laugh is Fernando Santos at the end of every match always making critics to the performances as if he hasn't been working this team for 4 years. :rolleyes:

Eila

We've been by far the worst relative to what should be expected from us.
Not even relative. Missing passes everywhere, never set up Lewandowski, goalkeeper made a ridiculous mistake.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
I'd love to see Saudi Arabia pull off a shock here. Im asking for too much.
There is more of a chance of me being a professional footballer than Saudi Arabia beating Uruguay. Surely Saudi Arabia cannot be one of the best teams in Asia...yeah they played against the host and one of the top South American teams but these players can't even get the basics right like passing. Put Japan, South Korea, Iran and Australia in their group and I'm sure they would have fare much better, those teams have to be at least on another level better than Saudi Arabia. Asia is the biggest continent in the world, surely they could have gotten a better representative.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Not even relative. Missing passes everywhere, never set up Lewandowski, goalkeeper made a ridiculous mistake.
Senegal has a very good team, they shouldn't be underestimated, even Morocco was very unlucky, they have 0 points when they played much more than the table tells you.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Uruguay struggling to assert dominance over a team that Russia beat 5-0. The standard in this tournament isn't wonderful.

Eila

Senegal has a very good team, they shouldn't be underestimated, even Morocco was very unlucky, they have 0 points when they played much more than the table tells you.
Yeah, that's why I don't consider Morrocco among the worst teams, because they played well over 2 matches, just couldn't finish their chances.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The BBC having the same discussions about Ronaldo every single day

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah, that's why I don't consider Morrocco among the worst teams, because they played well over 2 matches, just couldn't finish their chances.
They just lack the final touch, hopefully Renard stays with them. Problem with African teams in my point of view is the permanent rotation of managers compared with European or American NT's.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The BBC having the same discussions about Ronaldo every single day
They just have to feed the 1 million pundits they have. Mourinho and Wenger are by far the best pundits. Anyway they actually know what they are talking without looking basic.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Uruguay struggling to assert dominance over a team that Russia beat 5-0. The standard in this tournament isn't wonderful.
Uruguay have been very disappointing in this tournament so far.