Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzmondo

Sancho is still the only one that truly elevates and improves our starting 11 (Dayot probably does the latter in fairness) - so I’m still in the camp of Sancho being a must.

We just will not get a player as talented, young (and British as a bonus) for our RW. We just won’t. That one is still numero uno for me and I hope that’s still the case for Ole.
Upamecano would definitely elevate and improve our starting 11

A-man

Great talent who has the possibility to turn in to world class. However so many injuries already at his young age. What we don’t need is to spend a huge amount of money on another injury prone defender.

Infestissumam

we really need to stop with this whole "starting 11" thing. Football doesn't work like this anymore, you need quality depth.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
we really need to stop with this whole "starting 11" thing. Football doesn't work like this anymore, you need quality depth.
Correct.

Look at the state on us last season before Bruno came in and Pogba was injured.

Rolaholic

Hope to the heavens the links are true, Upamecano and Maguire as our back pairing would be one of the most formidable CB partnerships in the country

Better jump on the chance this summer before his cheap clause kicks in next year and every club is after him

cyberman

Is this a different source or quoting ESPN?
Im sure theres an understanding between club and player for a move if the right club comes along or he would never have signed a contract. The low clause tells me this. They arent asking for 100m.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Highly doubt there's anything in this for this window. When was the last time Ogden was right about anything?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is he actually worth it? Potential Varane/van Dijk level?
What I worry about is Bailey came in with similar big hype. I remember his Villarreal highlights were beastly, with him often keeping Messi in his pocket. Pacey center back with great physical attributes, in a tougher league than Bundasliga. Only to come here and implode.

BigLebowski007

I really hope this is true and that we'll get him before this season. Great player, still very young, potential to be world class.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Was this why the club negotiators went to Germany-Cologne last night? If it was even true :lol:

How far are Leipzig from Cologne?
Far - 5 hours. Dortmund is 1 hour though.

Not that it matters, the plane thing was BS no? There was only a half hour stop between Amsterdam and the take off for Cologne or something? Unless we wrapped up VDB on the plane in quicktime or something :lol:

SATA

What I worry about is Bailey came in with similar big hype. I remember his Villarreal highlights were beastly, with him often keeping Messi in his pocket. Pacey center back with great physical attributes, in a tougher league than Bundasliga. Only to come here and implode.
Bailly is still great mate. But he cannot stay fit for a month. Thing is i read also that Dayot is quite injury prone as well for someone so young

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bailly is still great mate. But he cannot stay fit for a month. Thing is i read also that Dayot is quite injury prone as well for someone so young
He's far from great. I feel he's had far too many erratic moments to be close to great.

Tarrou

is Ogdan known to pluck transfer stories from thin air?

I'm curious as genuinely have no idea

Macern

Pee pee pants
Bailly didn’t have a similar hype at all to be honest.

Rolaholic

Bailly didn't have the same pedigree coming from Villareal that Upamecano does, he was just named to the UCL team of the season just last week and had some of his best performances against the best.

Outside of Barcelona, he didn't have high a bevy of profile suitors after his signature either unlike Upamecano

Fooza

I will be shocked if we get Upamecano, Sancho and VDB in one window. It's the stuff of dreams

acnumber9

He was very good during Moyes too I think. He must have had a source in the dressing room from those days. Like you say, he’s had nothing since.
Moyes himself most likely. Who was probably the one that told him Fergie was retiring.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I don't remember that at all. Loads were surprised when we signed Bailly. He was considered a good talent to get at 30m but nothing like Upamecano who is already regarded as one of the world's best young center backs. Half the people on here (me included) hadn't even heard of Bailly!

Wayne's World

I said it a couple of weeks ago If Dortmund are still being too stubborn then we should throw the Sancho money at Upamecano. He is right now the best young centre back in the world and his pace and recovery positions are absolutely fantastic. I think he'd make Maguire a better defender too.

About his release clause, it doesn't start until next summer for 43 million so we would have to at least over Van Dijk sort of money to get him but he would be one of the best purchases we could make this summer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bailly didn’t have a similar hype at all to be honest.
Bailly didn't have the same pedigree coming from Villareal that Upamecano does, he was just named to the UCL team of the season just last week and had some of his best performances against the best.

Outside of Barcelona, he didn't have high a bevy of profile suitors after his signature either unlike Upamecano
Yeah, Upamecano has had some UCL appearances, but Bailey played in the harder league. Net net I don't think its too dissimilar. I do recall was quite a big hype about him at the time. At least that's how I remembered it :nervous:. Would obviously love Upamecano to be the real deal though - and he probably is.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Having Maguire, Lindelof, Upamecano and Tuanzebe going forward would be an absolute dream.

Jacko21

If he is attainable this summer (I didn’t think he was) then we’re surely not going to get a free run at him? Not given how coveted he’s become.

Nick Lowe

Upamecano's agency, Sport Total, are based 34 minutes drive away from Cologne city centre. Just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.