De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well, I cannot say with a 100% conviction that money is what drove him. But him signing the contract so soon based on some promises made by SAF and Gill seems far fetched to me.
Like I said, I'm sure the money on offer was the main reason he stayed. I'm just saying it probably wasn't the main reason he was considering leaving.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I haven't read that anywhere. Be kind of surprised if Nev sold him out like that.
I definitely remember someone saying he turned up to training the day after it got sorted and basically said 'yea, it was just a tactic', I think it was Neville but I can't remember for sure.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I haven't read that anywhere. Be kind of surprised if Nev sold him out like that.
I think it was more that Rooney has to apologise to the dressing room for basically saying they are rubbish and not good enough.

Brophs

The One and Only
Thank you, I knew I hadn't dreamt it!
Tbh, it sounds to me like he said what he had to to get past it in the dressing room. Far easier to say it was a passing tactic to get more money, which footballers are bred to understand, than say that he thought they were all fecking pony and needed sending to the Traveller's yard.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Tbh, it sounds to me like he said what he had to to get past it in the dressing room. Far easier to say it was a passing tactic to get more money, which footballers are bred to understand, than say that he thought they were all fecking pony and needed sending to the Traveller's yard.
Could easily be either, but when Paul Stretford is involved I have no trouble believing it was all about the money.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, that makes sense.

SambaBoy

Surely Leno is a long-term option? If it's just someone to fill in until they sign De Gea next summer then surely they would go for someone more experienced or stick with Casillas or Navas for the year?
Most likely they see Leno as a stop gap for De Gea for two years but hopefully he can prove himself as their number 1 so they won't need De Gea although this is Madrid were talking about who regularly sell their best players to buy the shiny new toy.

SirAF

Ageist
Most likely they see Leno as a stop gap for De Gea for two years but hopefully he can prove himself as their number 1 so they won't need De Gea although this is Madrid were talking about who regularly sell their best players to buy the shiny new toy.
Jay Leno?

I think he's past it.

Yes, it would be a decent move for them, I think.

Should the unlikely happen, Gea signing a new contract and staying at United for another year or two, they could be looking to use him in a deal for De Gea at a later stage. And if De Gea suddenly wants to stay at United after that (again, unlikely) or Real feel they have to spend their money elsewhere, they already have a good goalkeeper.

But I'm sure it won't come to that. They will get him, and we will find soemone new.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Seems like Iker will stay there and still play a big part at Real. That's at least what their director says. Forget that circus Dave, stay with us and return to Atletico in a couple of years.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I would be surprised if he is generally conflicted on this. On the one side, Madrid means close to his family & girlfriend and starting a family, on the other hand United fans love him, he's happy here and there are big bucks.

I reckon his Mrs should take a leaf out of Victoria Beckham's book, and stay with her man, put her career temporarily on hold and start a family, if that's what she wants to do. I am sure the Spanish papers would be more than happy to come over to Manchester & take pictures of her in her underwear, or whatever she want's to get up to. I can imagine the wedding spread/baby pics etc etc Hello specials anyway, so she is still going to get plenty of exposure for her career. I doubt anyone is going to forget her if she comes to Manchester.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Edurne's music is guff anyway. She is a nobody outside of Spain, and if she is known outside of Spain, it's for being Dave's missus. Dave shouldn't relocating for her career.

She's a recording artist anyway. Most of her job can be done over the internet. There's plenty of studios in the north of England. If she learned to sing in English, she could land herself some lucrative appearances on Saturday Night Takeaway, or some shite.

Suck it up and buy an umbrella.

Edurne's music is guff anyway. She is a nobody outside of Spain, and if she is known outside of Spain, it's for being Dave's missus. Dave shouldn't relocating for her career.

She's a recording artist anyway. Most of her job can be done over the internet. There's plenty of studios in the north of England. If she learned to sing in English, she could land herself some lucrative appearances on Saturday Night Takeaway, or some shite.

Maybe there are some die hard United fans in the music industry who could bribe her into convincing Dave to stay here.

Manchie

Everytime I open BBC I am expecting to see headline with yellow backround ' Man United De Gea agreed personal terms with RM'. feck I am scared to check even ordinary news.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I would be surprised if he is generally conflicted on this. On the one side, Madrid means close to his family & girlfriend and starting a family, on the other hand United fans love him, he's happy here and there are big bucks.

I reckon his Mrs should take a leaf out of Victoria Beckham's book, and stay with her man, put her career temporarily on hold and start a family, if that's what she wants to do. I am sure the Spanish papers would be more than happy to come over to Manchester & take pictures of her in her underwear, or whatever she want's to get up to. I can imagine the wedding spread/baby pics etc etc Hello specials anyway, so she is still going to get plenty of exposure for her career. I doubt anyone is going to forget her if she comes to Manchester.
She's a musician they can pretty much do their work anywhere in the world.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Gawd. Iker is so bad these days that he can't find the ball even when it's in his net.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat

Watching her video the other day gave me.a new appreciation for the quality of America and British pop music music.

I don't think being a popular recording artist in only Spain pays particularly well either. DDG would probably earn more in two or three weeks than she earns in a yar if she stays.

Anyways - this is Over.

I have been eternally optimistic but everything in the last few days says he's gone.

Both Neville and Scholes have said "the noises coming out of the club (re: there bff Giggsy) have been negative".

Bye Dave.

We need Bale.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Watching her video the other day gave me.a new appreciation for the quality of America and British pop music music.

I don't think being a popular recording artist in only Spain pays particularly well either. DDG would probably earn more in two or three weeks than she earns in a yar if she stays.

Anyways - this is Over.

I have been eternally optimistic but everything in the last few days says he's gone.

Both Neville and Scholes have said "the noises coming out of the club (re: there bff Giggsy) have been negative".

Bye Dave.

We need Bale.
We really don't.

Agree with you that he's gone though, I've been optimistic for ages, but there's nothing that really sustains that optimism now.

Except my optimism. So feck it, he's staying!

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
If he's available, we need to be signing him, simple as that...

He'd instantly improve Chelsea, City or Arsenal, as well as ourselves, and that is why we should be in for him...
I can understand that view, and I'd actually be in favour of getting Bale if he's available, I'm just nitpicking on the 'need' part of it. There's many areas of the field I feel we need drastic improvement and while Bale would certainly improve us I don't feel he should be a priority. But it's nitpicking, I'm aware of it.

Big Andy

Bloke
I can understand that view, and I'd actually be in favour of getting Bale if he's available, I'm just nitpicking on the 'need' part of it. There's many areas of the field I feel we need drastic improvement and while Bale would certainly improve us I don't feel he should be a priority. But it's nitpicking, I'm aware of it.
He'd be the icing on the Gundogan, Pogba and Hummels cake...

Jerch

When Scholes and Neville said :"the noises coming out of the club (re: there bff Giggsy) have been negative". Any link?

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
ha! Casillas is still a very good keeper, i mean people want Cech right? how is Cech who doesnt ever play right now a better option than Casillas? okay bit of a dodgy season by his standards and by extension Real's but we all know how unforgiving they are... they even boo Ronaldo is who like the best player in a generation! he's *only* 33 which is still young in goalkeeping terms, he still has alot to offer, Buffon was once considered past it a few years ago and now look at him.
So you don't watch football at all then?

Empire

His agent is Mendes right? I wouldn't put it past him doing this as a negotiating tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.