De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneunited26

I can understand that view, and I'd actually be in favour of getting Bale if he's available, I'm just nitpicking on the 'need' part of it. There's many areas of the field I feel we need drastic improvement and while Bale would certainly improve us I don't feel he should be a priority. But it's nitpicking, I'm aware of it.
Having bale would be allot better than playing the ageing Ashley Young, who has done well but he is not good enough for United, and he is not going to terrify Europe next season. And if di maria is not going to be part of the team next season, bale would be a huge improvement. But having depay and bale has out wide players is allot better than we currently have. Adding the fact he will be part of the DDG deal, If DDG is off makes sense

Trizy

He actually looks like he's not made up his mind yet, but I imagine its hard for him, he clearly loves it at the club and probably doesn't want to leave but going to Madrid (home) and to his girlfriend its hard to pass up.

ottosec

As good as gone at this point, I don't think there is much more the club could have done. I am very disappointed to see him go, but what can you do, you can't keep a player against his wish.

Now we must make sure we get a fair fee for him, any offer under €40M should not be taking into consideration and make sure we don't feck up with the replacement like we usually do with keepers.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Just been on radio 2 news, his missus was interviewed at Eurovision, when asked was David going back to Spain she pretended she couldn't hear the interviewer, even though stood right next to her, and then pretended someone was calling her and ran off.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Feck it, let's just swap him for Oblak.
Christ I would love if Oblak was available. This guy rival's De Gea in the talent department imho. Still only 22 and most importantly, not born in Madrid:D

pascell

Just been on radio 2 news, his missus was interviewed at Eurovision, when asked was David going back to Spain she pretended she couldn't hear the interviewer, even though stood right next to her, and then pretended someone was calling her and ran off.
Poor girl hasn't got over big Dave dumping her and deciding to stay in Manchester :D

ravi2

I understand he is one of the best keepers in the world and we helped make him what he is today; but if he wants to go then he simply wouldn't play the same as his heart wouldn't be here anymore....let him go, especially if we can use him to get Bale.

Cech, Lloris and Leno are all excellent alternatives and with a functioning defense and midfield in front of them they wouldn't have to work as hard as De Gea does anyways. Dont get me wrong, I love DDG and would be thrilled for him to stay but if any player does not wish to play for us, then let them go.

Jerch

Christ I would love if Oblak was available. This guy rival's De Gea in the talent department imho. Still only 22 and most importantly, not born in Madrid:D
Yeah i would love if we get Oblak as he is a from Slovenia as me but i really can't see it.

Imagine Atletico selling us Oblak so we could sell their ex-youth player to Madrid. All hell would break loose.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Yeah i would love if we get Oblak as he is a from Slovenia as me but i really can't see it.

Imagine Atletico selling us Oblak so we could sell their ex-youth player to Madrid. All hell would break loose.
We'd have learnt this time hopefully and not have the circus we're having now with De Gea. Every time I watch Oblak I'm seriously impressed. I would take him in a heart beat if only he were available. I don't want to upset my fellow fans here but I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be better than De Gea in the long run.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So DDG can't say he wants to leave until Madrid agrees a price or his position becomes weaker in terms of sorting a wage with Madrid and second option if he has to stay with us as in the eyes of fans he wanted to leave? Am I close?

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
apologies if posted/mentioned:

NO DE GEA DECISION YET

Iker Casillas is mulling his Real future as Madrid prepare to do "everything they can" to sign David de Gea, says Guillem Balague. Madrid director general Jose Angel Sanchez held a meeting with Casillas on Tuesday in which the 34-year-old is understood to have been told he is still wanted at the Bernabeu next season.

But Casillas is believed to have been informed that he may have to settle for a place among the substitutes for the final two years of his contract.

“Real told Casillas in a meeting on Tuesday that they want him to stay but that they are also going to buy another goalkeeper this summer, so the ball is in the goalkeeper’s court,” Balague told Sky Sports.

“De Gea has a decision to make coming up, but he is yet to make it. However, Madrid will try and do everything they possibly can to sign him, although that is still a long way from happening.”

Gannicus

Dave is as good as gone. So, what to do?

I would not at all be opposed to leveraging De Gea to get Bale. It just didn't work out for Di Maria this season and while I'm sure he'd perform at a higher level next season we've seen Bale perform at a significantly higher level in the English prem. What we can get from the sale of De Gea AND Di Maria should be in the neighborhood of what Real would demand for Bale. Gareth is undefendable and if comes back to England he'll want to prove a few things to his doubters.

As for the keeper position itself, I still like Cech. True, he'd only give us 3-4 seasons but we aspire to a CL final next season and the finished article at keeper would be a huge plus. And, of course, Cech knows the tendencies of Chelsea forwards.

I'd hate to put the sword to Valdes without giving him a chance to prove he can be a great #1 but I just don't see him being up to the standard we require.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Dave is as good as gone. So, what to do?

I would not at all be opposed to leveraging De Gea to get Bale. It just didn't work out for Di Maria this season and while I'm sure he'd perform at a higher level next season we've seen Bale perform at a significantly higher level in the English prem. What we can get from the sale of De Gea AND Di Maria should be in the neighborhood of what Real would demand for Bale. Gareth is undefendable and if comes back to England he'll want to prove a few things to his doubters.

As for the keeper position itself, I still like Cech. True, he'd only give us 3-4 seasons but we aspire to a CL final next season and the finished article at keeper would be a huge plus. And, of course, Cech knows the tendencies of Chelsea forwards.

I'd hate to put the sword to Valdes without giving him a chance to prove he can be a great #1 but I just don't see him being up to the standard we require.
I was quite impressed with Victor's distribution on Sunday, though.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
I don't know why some people are getting sniffy about Valdes. Seems to have recovered from that torn ACL and he has a pretty impressive pedigree. We could do worse.
Because he didn't cost anything probably.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't remember anything noteworthy from Valdes on Sunday but I'd be thrilled if he proved to be 85% of De Gea. We could move on to other pressing business.
I am less worried about his footwork, and more worried about diving too early and actually saving some shots.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Imagine Atletico selling us Oblak so we could sell their ex-youth player to Madrid
Given that he's not played all that often he could push for a move. He'd be dead expensive though, but I'd say he's as talented as any young goalkeeper in the game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Should we maybe tempt ter stegen? Not played 1 league game got barca which is odd. With them having bravo maybe they would sell for a decent figure.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
feck this, let's just call VDS and tempt him out of retirement. He looks like he could still do a job better than most keepers playing right now.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't know why some people are getting sniffy about Valdes. Seems to have recovered from that torn ACL and he has a pretty impressive pedigree. We could do worse.
At his best he was good enough for one of the greatest club sides of all time. He'd certainly be more than good enough for us too, at his best.

The question is how close we think he is to that best. That's something we (the fans) can't really know as of yet....

Moriarty

At his best he was good enough for one of the greatest club sides of all time. He'd certainly be more than good enough for us too, at his best.

The question is how close we think he is to that best. That's something we (the fans) can't really know as of yet....
I still think De Gea will decide to stay. Valdes may start against Hull perhaps and they'll throw the kitchen sink at him. We may have a better idea after the weekend of what he's like now. I doubt he'll be worried about pressure. He's done it all before.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I would think fairly soon after the league season ends. Might be a bit of a delay if Madrid hold off due to appointing a new manager first but would have to think they'll want to unveil their shiny new toy right after.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think he'll stay. If Carlo was staying at Madrid it would be different, but if you put aside the personal reasons and look at the footballing reasons he'd be a bit daft to leave. We're on our way back up with an excellent manager and a squad that will have huge investment this summer. Madrid are changing manager and haven't looked great recently, they'll keep trying to sign De Gea like they did with Ronnie, so he could stay for another season and move to Madrid when they're on the up again.

Big Andy

Bloke
I am less worried about his footwork, and more worried about diving too early and actually saving some shots.
He played for about 15 minutes...you can't write him off after a 15 minute cameo...

He's played for the best team in the world for 99% of his career, and he was a great keeper for them...

give him a chance ffs...

He had no chance with the goal because of the deflection...he was clearly diving to try and stop the ball as it was crossed...

Status
Not open for further replies.