Deadline day signing predictions

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Lukaku out.

Alot of scrambling around but ultimately nowt in.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Sadly I don't think we will be bringing anybody else in now. Ideally needed a CM and a RW but we've made too many bad signings in the last 6 years to warrant making a signing for the sake of it. Would much rather give the youth a chance and look to identify targets next summer. If the target is Sancho next summer then it makes no sense in bringing in a RW this summer. Perhaps OGS' targets for the positions that haven't been filled simply weren't attainable this summer.

Regardless, we are a better team now than we were when the season ended.

Superunknown

A signing at this point is just going to look like a panic buy. A proper "5 minutes before the lights come back on at the club and you need something to take home" situation.

Leave it now and rely on the youth, unless it absolutely is the right player who will improve us.

Sterling Archer

If we don't bring anyone else in for the season, I genuinely don't know how I'll react. The fact that it's the last day of the window and we are in the current state is unacceptable as it is.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
No business for the most incompetently run club in the PL's top 10.

Ranchero

This thread could age badly and quickly, but what the feck here we go, I predict...

Utd - Erikson and Longstaff in Jones out

Tottenham - Lo Celso and Sessegnon in Erikson out

Arsenal - Koscielny out

Brighton Drinkwater in Balogun out

Chelsea Drinkwater out

Feel free to slaughter these on Thursday evening!

EDIT forgot all about Lukaku - he's out!

We wont sign anyone and pocket the Lukaku money. Expect a painful season. Realism..

Eddy_JukeZ

We won't sign anyone.

We'll be linked to plenty of players, but nothing will come to fruition.

izec

Ben Yedder. 40m Euros release clause seems like a good deal for us. Thats half of the Lukaku fee. Wish the other half would go for a midfielder. Just seen Sander Berge linked to a move to Brighton for 28m pounds.

I think we will get a striker/forward in, my money is on Ben Yedder

davidmichael

Lukaku out
Rojo out

Bale in
I’ve been saying for a while that it’s gone too quiet on Bale and I think there’s a reason for that, I just know we’re going to sign Bale on loan before the deadline.

It looks like Lukaku will be gone by tomorrow morning and we’ve ruled out Eriksen, Dybala, Fernandes, Mandzukic and seemingly a few others but Lukaku will need replacing as Greenwood, Gomes and Chong aren’t ready to play such a major role yet and with Sancho not an option this season it just screams of a year loan for Bale.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Eriksen + Williams wouldn't be half bad.

Martial/Rashford/Greenwood
Rashford/Martial/James - Eriksen - Williams
Pogba - McTominay
Shaw - Maguire - Lindelof - AWB
DDG

That's a pretty mint team, without having a proven striker of course, but with lots of options to fight for the CF position and coming off the bench.
Not sure about the midfield defensive capabilities, but Eriksen and James seems like hard workers in both phases of the game, so that helps.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Pogba - McTominay
DDG

That's a pretty mint team, without having a proven striker of course, but with lots of options to fight for the CF position and coming off the bench.
Not sure about the midfield defensive capabilities, but Eriksen and James seems like hard workers in both phases of the game, so that helps.
How have you still got the energy to make posts like this.

Perseus

Ben Yedder. 40m Euros release clause seems like a good deal for us. Thats half of the Lukaku fee. Wish the other half would go for a midfielder. Just seen Sander Berge linked to a move to Brighton for 28m pounds.

I think we will get a striker/forward in, my money is on Ben Yedder
Mooy to Brighton ?

OverratedOpinion

Lukaku out.

We will table a bid for Messi. The deal will be really close and Di Marzio will provide regular updates until an hour before deadline when we find out that the deal was on the brink of happening until Messi refused to talk with Ed Woodward and just laughed uncontrollably down the phone for 2 or 3 hours.

As such we will sign no one.

manichester

Ed Deadwood signs new contract, rewarded by Glazers for saving them loads of cash and running rings around the supporters again.

Woeisme

We will prepare a few bids in the morning,
consider a few options around noon,
declare there is no value in market at lunch
insist we will not be held to ransom around 3
lament the disadvantage of the early deadline at 4
Profess how happy we are with our current options at 4:45

Do Nothing

Finish 5th. (which we will herald as a progression)
:annoyed:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Pogba - McTominay
DDG

Who is Williams? Am I missing something?

Addled

Lukaku out
Messi in
Ronaldo in
M’bappe in
Neymar Jnr in (cos every team needs a sub)

If there is one thing I hate it is transfer window muppetry. And exaggeration.
If there are two things I hate they are transfer muppetry and exaggeration and not to mention needless silly transfer speculation threads.
If there are three.........

Zed 101

Lukaku out for less than Everton are bidding for Zaha, and nothing else :(