Dele Alli is England's best young midfielder playing in Turkey

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I would be happy if Madrid pay 50/55 m€ but no more...How much do you think that is his real market price? considering that is a midfielder while Bale was an attacking player.
Where do you recon he'll play?
It's really hard for me to think of a place for him, regardless of the obvious talent (see James, who found himself in a similar situation)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It seems you've become confused. I haven't said I don't care about Alli. I said I didn't care whether or not you had compared him to Martial.
I know I didn't mention Martial.
He doesn't care now since he based his comparison on incorrect stats. Those stats go against Alli so it's time to move on
It really is time so I'm gonna follow your advice.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Where do you recon he'll play?
It's really hard for me to think of a place for him, regardless of the obvious talent (see James, who found himself in a similar situation)
Well actually I don´t know, I think that a good midfielder has to be able to adapt to any position in that part of the field, I think he has the capacity to learn a defensive or attacking role depending on the needs of the team.
If he is good, has technique, future and a well furnished head , then has to be signed without analyzing too much in which particular position he has played previously.
James didn´t adapt, maybe because he is more a #10, however Modric and Kroos did it, and Kovacic is doing it too

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Alli would have to morph into a true all-action box-to-box to win a spot on our starting XI right now. It's unlikely we'll be going for him anytime soon honestly

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Another excellent game.

Would Spurs fans be disappointed if he failed to reach Gerrard / Lampard levels?

Looks to have it in him, imo.

Zoo

Has a free role and is clinical in front of goal. Southgate should take note.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I don't like complimenting Alli, purely because of Glaston.

He really is wonderful though.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Although he's been touted for a long time, tonight feels like a seminal match for him. With the world watching he smashed it tonight.

Very good news for England.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He didn't really play particularly well today, goals aside, did he?

Revan

Assumptionman
Kane and Ali should be what England try and build towards.

Yes, Kane struggled at the Euros but surely deserves another chance.

Rooney shouldn't even go to the finals.
This. It is actually quite simple. Put Henderson and an another midfielder there, Lallana and Sterling on the wings, and you have something that resembles a team. Not world beaters, but a team.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Had a very tough childhood with many opportunities to go off the rails.

Seems like a level headed guy.

Good luck to him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's not really a midfielder, not sure why people always call him one. He plays the #10 position literally every game and has always played it for Spurs, and to be fair to him, puts up decent numbers while doing so especially for his age.

El Zoido

Kane and Ali should be what England try and build towards.

Yes, Kane struggled at the Euros but surely deserves another chance.

Rooney shouldn't even go to the finals.
Didn't you see his interview a couple of months ago? He's already going, and then retiring from England afterwards.

Revan

Assumptionman
Btw, he's a bit like Lampard, right? Not very influential during the course of the match (like Scholes or Gerrard were), but has this ability on being on the right place, and is a very good finisher.

redmeister

Btw, he's a bit like Lampard, right? Not very influential during the course of the match (like Scholes or Gerrard were), but has this ability on being on the right place, and is a very good finisher.

Where does this idea Lampard wasn't influential come from? His stats for passing, tackling and distance covered were always amongst the best in the league. Lampard was super influential on games.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Agreed, looking from a performance level he's 32nd in Midfielders this year according to Squawka, 13th Attacking.

It depends if you just want to look at goals or the entire picture, from a goals perspective he's the best midfielder in the league (that doesn't tell you everything though).

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
His default level is good enough to be a very adequate PL player but can he make the next step and become an actual worldclass AM?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Thread title should be changed, he is a #10 / ss and his stats should be compared to others in the same position.

Comparing him to an #8 is pointless.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think you're doing Lampard a disservice however I agree in terms of Alli, the kids got a bit of class about him but I'm not really sure what his ceiling is? I don't see him ever being a 20 goal a season midfielder (not year after year anyway) like Lampard or Gerrerd nor do I see him ever having the Gerrard like ability to drag a team to a win when the odds are against. I almost feel what he is now is about as good as he's going to ever be which inevitably means eventually he won't be good enough as better players come along

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Great stuff from the kid tonight and showing he is a big game player. His movement is top class. He reminds me of Muller at times rather than lampard. At 20 years old he could be a really top level player if he continues to develop.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
Echoing what others already said, he's not midfielder but support striker or #10 or something in between.