Dele Alli is England's best young midfielder playing in Turkey

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Little scrote wasn't half as good as everyone though he was and not even a 10th of what he thought of himself.

Lampards done him a favour keeping him around for so long.
That little scrote came from a broken family and grew up in the care system. Maybe try to understand that the kid probably has issues to deal with outside of football that you don't know about and cut him a bit of slack.

Threesus

His best position is like a second striker, right? But I don’t think he had the vision and ability of say, a griezmann at his peak.

What are spurs fans opinion of him? Simply a case of not wanting the grind? Or maybe people overestimated his potential?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Was only ever good in that one role just off the striker. Everywhere else just seemed a mismatch, doesnt have the defensive discipline and tactical awareness for midfield. Not creative or pacey enough to play out wide. Not good enough as an out and out striker.

Tarrou

game has passed him by a little bit, and he's dropped off a bit too

those 10/second striker positions can't be luxury players anymore, you need to work your bollocks off

things suited him at Spurs and they played to his strengths, but don't think any top team would want a player like him in that position anymore

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
His typical move is to dribble with the ball into a worse position than where he started or to just pass forward without looking on considering his teammates position.
Yes the current version of Dele Alli is useless. He doesn’t do anything the old version of Dele Alli was praised for, hence why he doesn’t receive any praise. And neither version of him, nor the description you’ve given there, fits the profile of a typical English runner.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
His head was gone as soon as he signed the 150k per week contract in 2018. Celeb status, sextape, lack of professionalism ...

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
That little scrote came from a broken family and grew up in the care system. Maybe try to understand that the kid probably has issues to deal with outside of football that you don't know about and cut him a bit of slack.
Cry me a river. I live in a country where middle income is probably at UK care levels. Doesnt give the entire country an excuse to be insufferable balloon headed twats.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
To people saying Dele Alli lacked talent - 37 league goals in 106 matches from 2015/16 to the 17/18 season - those are insane numbers for an attacking midfielder who was 22 years old when the 17/18 season ended.
27 goals and 26 assists in his first three PL seasons by the time he turned 21.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Incredible drop-off. At one time he was valued at over £100m, then a few seasons later, he can't get into the Everton team. What the hell happened to him? Here are some stats showing his massive decline.

Conor

Thought his name would at least carry him to a better league than the Turkish league
Turkey is where he will make the most money, due to their low taxes, which says it all really.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Surely he could do a job playing behind the striker at somewhere like Forest / Bournemouth etc?

I really hope he turns it ‘round. I don’t like seeing young people fail to achieve their potential.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I can't say I ever rated him as highly as the hype that said he was one of the best players in the league, but he was undeniably a very good PL level player.

Has anyone else in recent history gone from that in their early 20s to not just finished, but "Turkish League" levels of finished at age 26, without being crippled by injuries?

It's B Rubble

Cry me a river. I live in a country where middle income is probably at UK care levels. Doesnt give the entire country an excuse to be insufferable balloon headed twats.
Broken home, issues outside of football.. whyd you bring income into it? Some people have terrible upbringings regardless of economic status.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He was a bit of a Keane rather than a Scholes (not positionally). His biggest strength when he was top of his game was his mentality and work ethic. Take that away and he doesn’t have the natural footballing ability to get by at the top level.
Just because he was a prick who got stuck in on younger players doesn’t make him a player with great work ethic.

He’s a luxury player who would have been great 20 years ago when managers allowed some players to indulge in not playing an active role without the ball. Now he’s a liability when top teams demand players who press when they don’t have the ball to try and win the ball back.

lysglimt

Scout
I can't say I ever rated him as highly as the hype that said he was one of the best players in the league, but he was undeniably a very good PL level player.

Has anyone else in recent history gone from that in their early 20s to not just finished, but "Turkish League" levels of finished at age 26, without being crippled by injuries?
Well - it's hard to compare levels - but Jack Rodwell does spring to mind.

May Meyer is another - he played 4 times for Germany by the time he turned 20 while impressing for Schalke. Then he had 2 poor seasons at Schalke, went to Palace 23 years old and was even worse. Then Fenerbache, Mid-Jylland and Luzern in Switzerland - he turns 27 next month.

Santos J

Surely he could do a job playing behind the striker at somewhere like Forest / Bournemouth etc?

I really hope he turns it ‘round. I don’t like seeing young people fail to achieve their potential.
Based on what? He couldn't really at Everton and they're about the same level at the minute

lysglimt

Scout
Just because he was a prick who got stuck in on younger players doesn’t make him a player with great work ethic.

He’s a luxury player who would have been great 20 years ago when managers allowed some players to indulge in not playing an active role without the ball. Now he’s a liability when top teams demand players who press when they don’t have the ball to try and win the ball back.
Well - he was an important part of the best Spurs side over the last almost 60 years - so that is a bit harsh. Football hasn't changed that much in 4 seasons

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Confirmed by the club now. Loan for the season. 6m option in January and 8m option in the summer.

Strelok

Incredible drop-off. At one time he was valued at over £100m, then a few seasons later, he can't get into the Everton team. What the hell happened to him? Here are some stats showing his massive decline.

Heard he did his knee 5 times in a year. Not sure if true though.

OverratedOpinion

Was never anywhere near as good as the hype. His technical level was never above average. Tim Cahill was a better version of him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He had a bad leg break early in his career and a hamstring injury that caused him to be out for roughly a year. Plus I thought his loan move to Villa was fairly decent?
So good that they refused to buy him from us? But nah seriously, he hit the ground running at Villa, he was on fire the first few weeks and there were talks of a £30-40m move, but then he got injured I think and the rest of the loan spell was very underwhelming and by the end of the loan Villa sent him back and were no longer interested in a permanent move.

OverratedOpinion

Always notice that these comments appear after the fact?

I'd actually give more credence to someone who, 5 years ago, said this.
Watching Dele Alli and all his "intelligent runs" after watching Isco ruin Italy is like going from a night with Mila Kunis to a night with well, Dele Alli.
It was a while ago but personally for me as far as actual technique and being able to manipulate a football we have seen a level from Wilshire which is a mile beyond anything we have seen from Delle Alli.
Premier League

Overrated:
Dele Alli

He isn't a some incredible player having a dip. He is a fairly athletic player with pretty average technique who benefits from playing next to Kane and Eriksen.
Give me my credence.