Dele 'Muhammad' Alli | Walker takes the finger from Dele | FIFA open disciplinary proceedings

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The interesting thing about him is that he doesn't need the caveat of being good 'for an English player'; he's genuinely a top player for his age bracket on an international scale.

What are the foreign press saying about him?
Same was being said about Sterling around 2014. Went on to win the Golden Boy award.

The hype surrounding young English players does get a bit crazy.

Plenty of players around the 20 age group could emerge with much more skill and ability than Alli. Just like they did with Sterling.

LouisDanGaal

Alli only turned 20 a few days ago - he's achieved more than Pogba had by the same age. That much is so obvious it's barely worth arguing. Even if your eyes deceive you, just look at the stats concerning goals scored, assists and Prem appearances.
Not weighing in on the debate, but Alli plays a much more advanced role than Pogba so that's not really a fair comparison.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Same was being said about Sterling around 2014. Went on to win the Golden Boy award.

Sterling was looking like a very good player, but I felt like he tended to show in more in occasional bursts of form and looked like someone who was a talented youngster to Liverpool instead of a key player. Alli - on the other hand - has been fantastic for much of the season for Spurs, and has been one of their key players. Probably their best after Kane, actually. I'd say he's potentially a lot better than Sterling, and is already showing it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

It's not really hype though, is it? His movement is so natural and effortless and he doesn't rely on physical attributes - they're a bonus -and his intelligence is there for all to see.

I'd also say his development curve is different from Sterling's in that he is steadily and surely improving in his own right over the season and rarely has an indifferent game whether he scores or assists or not.

Ali has actually gone under the radar compared to Sterling, funnily enough.

WhoDaGOAT

Tbh, don't mind his attitude. I can appreciate his competitive spirit, and we'd all love him if he played for us. Some more fire is exactly what our players need.
I get what you mean. But if he tried any of that shit with me, he'd be spending a few weeks on the treatment table.

Keane would have ate him.

prarek

Looks like he's already the best english midfielder out there and he will most likely get even better.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Comparing players so different with goal stats is beyond stupid.
OK, then compare the assists stats. Or if you don't like that either then compare the Prem appearances stats, Or if you don't any like either of those, then just use your eyes.

The argument that Pogba had shown more potential than Alli by the same age is just total nonsense from start to finish.

m1y2

He's simply English Pogba and after a stormer of a season like he's having noone can deny it, he will only get better, in by far toughest league in the world..

Skills

Snitch
Best english talent since Rooney? Admittedly doesn't have too much competition tbf.

prarek

He's simply English Pogba and after a stormer of a season like he's having noone can deny it, he will only get better, in by far toughest league in the world..
There's no such thing as toughest league in the world. Im all praise for the lad who is an amazing talent but Jesus Christ this obsession with 'toughest', 'best', 'greatest'.

m1y2

There's no such thing as toughest league in the world. Im all praise for the lad who is an amazing talent but Jesus Christ this obsession with 'toughest', 'best', 'greatest'.
it is, the competition is much higher than anywhere else, no game is easy for the teams at the top whereas in la liga and seria a top teams dont struggle as much with outsiders.. words like greatest and best are very subjective but you can definitely say it's the toughest and definitely quite hard for young player to break through

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Best english talent since Rooney? Admittedly doesn't have too much competition tbf.
I think Kane's the bigger talent. If he stays at Spurs for the next five years they'll be in contention for the majority of domestic trophies, year after year.

prarek

it is, the competition is much higher than anywhere else, no game is easy for the teams at the top whereas in la liga and seria a top teams dont struggle as much with outsiders.. words like greatest and best are very subjective but you can definitely say it's the toughest and definitely quite hard for young player to break through
It isn't. There is no proof of it being the toughest. None whatsoever. I feel like people who say that are the ones who only watch one league and are obviously biased.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The wonders that manager has done with young English talent at Southampton and now Spurs.

Walters_19_MuFc

In an alternate universe, where Van Gaal agreed to manage Spurs, would he be shining this brightly?
Would he have bought Alli? Doubt it

That said, it does seem that Van Gaal gets the best out of young players. Rashford has been shining brightly since he's come into the team. I guess Martial can be on that list too.

Skills

Snitch
Would he have bought Alli? Doubt it

That said, it does seem that Van Gaal gets the best out of young players. Rashford has been shining brightly since he's come into the team. I guess Martial can be on that list too.
Martial started off well, and has gradually tapered off. Pretty much like every other talented attacker we have had at the club under his reign. The reason young players do well under him, is that they generally haven't had enough of a time to be stained by his shit.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
OK, then compare the assists stats. Or if you don't like that either then compare the Prem appearances stats, Or if you don't any like either of those, then just use your eyes.

The argument that Pogba had shown more potential than Alli by the same age is just total nonsense from start to finish.
You're having an invisible debate here because you're so on the defensive. Lighten up.

dogwithabone

Considering we had a first hand look at him in that cup game its disappointing that he didn't register on our radar.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Prem appearance stats:lol:

Charlie Adam is much better than Iniesta. You don't believe me? Compare their PL appearance stats.

NK86

I think Kane's the bigger talent. If he stays at Spurs for the next five years they'll be in contention for the majority of domestic trophies, year after year.
Next year will be Spurs' acid test. If they fall short this season when all the big guns have decided to collectively be shite, then it is difficult for me to see them trump the big teams who will definitely be pulling their weight together come August.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Next year will be Spurs' acid test. If they fall short this season when all the big guns have decided to collectively be shite, then it is difficult for me to see them trump the big teams who will definitely be pulling their weight together come August.
Next season in the PL is going to be by far the hardest ever.

I think 7 teams will be fighting it out in and around the top:

Utd, City, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and West Ham.

It's going to be a hell of a scrap for top 4 let alone anything else better.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

You reckon West Ham will still be fighting after the summers spending is completed by the other teams?

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
You reckon West Ham will still be fighting after the summers spending is completed by the other teams?
Yep I do, in fact I think West Ham will be spending pretty big themselves this summer, the new TV deal combined with getting a brand new stadium for free moves West Ham significantly up the money table.

The fact that they can give Payet a new £125k a week deal shows they are now on a financial level to compete much closer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yep I do, in fact I think West Ham will be spending pretty big themselves this summer, the new TV deal combined with getting a brand new stadium for free moves West Ham significantly up the money table.

The fact that they can give Payet a new £125k a week deal shows they are now on a financial level to compete much closer.
I don't think they'l be able to compete in attracting talent when United Chelsea Liverpool City and Arsenal will all be looking to significantly strengthen though.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
I don't think they'l be able to compete in attracting talent when United Chelsea Liverpool City and Arsenal will all be looking to significantly strengthen though.
Agreed that they won't win players over them but they already have a couple of high class players in Payet and Lanzini, they might not need the same players as the other teams. Plus to earn £100k plus a week and live in Chigwell isn't the most unattractive proposition.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not sure about that. Pogba looks a lot more talented to me although he is a bit overrated.

Plenty of players around the 20 age group could emerge with much more skill and ability than Alli. Just like they did with Sterling.
Sterling is one of the best in his age group. He's not been brilliant this season but his performances since 2013 warrant him being among the better young footballers.

amolbhatia50k

What does "hardest ever" mean? You've just said 7 teams will fight it out for 4 positions which is only every every PL season to have ever happened.

amolbhatia50k

And I'm not sure about that list being that close either. If Pep has City at around Liverpool's level next season, he'll be hugely disappointed.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
What does "hardest ever" mean? You've just said 7 teams will fight it out for 4 positions which is only every every PL season to have ever happened.
Is it? Personally I think come kick off it will be hard to predict even one team that will be certain to finish in the top 4.

amolbhatia50k

Is it? Personally I think come kick off it will be hard to predict even one team that will be certain to finish in the top 4.
Then the quality at the top will be just as bad as this season. A team like City should never have been in doubt for top 4 and under Pep I'm pretty sure it won't be. Even we shouldn't really be in doubt for top 4 given our spending power but obviously you need a good manager to ensure that.

m1y2

Not sure about that. Pogba looks a lot more talented to me although he is a bit overrated.

Sterling is one of the best in his age group. He's not been brilliant this season but his performances since 2013 warrant him being among the better young footballers.
Pogba was nowhere near Alli at the same age. STerling's brilliant talent but he's different player to Alli, comparing the two's potential make no sense, both are top prospects..