Demba Ba

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Get rid of Sturridge for £12 million and replace him with Ba for £7. Even with higher wages that's an good move for us.
Have to laugh at the scouse for going down that root :lol: Ba is a much better player, him and Suarez would be a strong old force and for half the price.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Was it Ba or Cisse who scored that incredible goal against Chelsea?

Smores

Have to laugh at the scouse for going down that root :lol: Ba is a much better player, him and Suarez would be a strong old force and for half the price.
I doubt Ba would even consider Liverpool. They're feeding of scraps these days.

kietotheworld

How anyone can sign a player contract with a 7 million release clause is beyond me.
If it was a deal breaker for him then I think they made the right choice, they got a really good player for free for a year and a half and now Chelsea are going to give them £7.5m for him, which will probably pay for the entirety of his wages for his time at Newcastle and then some.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I doubt Ba would even consider Liverpool. They're feeding of scraps these days.
Still, they can afford the fee no problem, just down to contract and all that. Worth a try at the very least. Going for a player like Sturridge is a step backwards....again.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
I thought Ba's low release clause had something to do with the knee problem he's had for a while. The rumor has it he's one knock away from finishing his career.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I thought Ba's low release clause had something to do with the knee problem he's had for a while. The rumor has it he's one knock away from finishing his career.
That makes no sense.

They accepted a low release clause so if he gets injured someone will buy him out?

prateik

That makes no sense.

They accepted a low release clause so if he gets injured someone will buy him out?
Or they set a low release clause to attract potential buyers and make some money off him if they could.. If not, they still have a decent striker they got for almost nothing.

kietotheworld

The release clause won't be something Newcastle wanted in the contract, that's for sure, if they wanted to let him go for a low fee they don't need to include a clause, just accept low bids.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Or they set a low release clause to attract potential buyers and make some money off him if they could.. If not, they still have a decent striker they got for almost nothing.
It's as said above, I think.

He used them as a stepping stone, he's obviously more than a £7.5m player but he signed for them for free so not only do they have a high value player for a period of time for free, but they also have £7.5m at the end of it.

It'd be terrible business to turn him away because of that release fee.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Cisse

He might thrive if Ba goes
He's pretty much useless where he's playing now, not even worth his place in the team IMO. Defends like a striker so fullbacks are constantly punishing Newcastle when given all that space and he has almost no attacking qualities suited to out wide.

He'll go back to looking like a better striker than Ba once he's moved up top and everyone will benefit I think.

Brophs

The One and Only
They need some new defenders. Debuchy is a good start and if they can replace Ba with a decent striker and get Cisse firing it might not be the end of the world.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Good move for all parties except Newcastle. £7million is a steal for Ba - and Chelsea will have a goalscorer in their ranks.

Sewelly The Geordie

The team has been built around Ba all season - first in the shit 4-4-2 hoofball, then in the 4-3-3 with Cisse playing somewhere on Barrack Road. He's been scraping goals but we've been losing every week. This is what happens when your transfer policy slides towards finding a bargain rather than going and buying players that will function together.

Cisse back through the middle, Remy and Ben Arfa either side and interchanging. Some new defenders. We might actually start winning games. Back in the real world however, penny pinching will reign supreme and the thick twat will hoof balls towards Shola and Cisse for the rest of the campaign.

Brophs

The One and Only
The team has been built around Ba all season - first in the shit 4-4-2 hoofball, then in the 4-3-3 with Cisse playing somewhere on Barrack Road. He's been scraping goals but we've been losing every week. This is what happens when your transfer policy slides towards finding a bargain rather than going and buying players that will function together.

Cisse back through the middle, Remy and Ben Arfa either side and interchanging. Some new defenders. We might actually start winning games. Back in the real world however, penny pinching will reign supreme and the thick twat will hoof balls towards Shola and Cisse for the rest of the campaign.
Without being disrespectful, why is Debuchy so set on moving to Newcastle? Is it down to Cabaye? Surely a player with the quality and international experience he has should be looking to move to a CL team?

Great signing, obviously. He's a massive upgrade on Simpson.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Unfortunately it will Ba & Falcao, with Torres told to feck off.
more likely that Falcao would cost £40m, and spending £40m to replace a £50m striker is just getting plain embarrasing and farcical.

Ba is a better deal. Piss all fee, and is well tuned to the Prem demands.

Hellboy

more likely that Falcao would cost £40m, and spending £40m to replace a £50m striker is just getting plain embarrasing and farcical.

Ba is a better deal. Piss all fee, and is well tuned to the Prem demands.
Yes, but Roman doesn't care. He will buy both of them.

Sewelly The Geordie

Heh. I doubt it. He looks a proper footballer. It's hard to believe a few clubs aren't after him at that price.
Amazingly, despite the evidence to the contrary; there might actually only be a finite number of players that can be stockpiled by the select few.

I wouldn't worry too much, if he is actually any good there will be people making sure this anomaly is erased and he gets the move he truly deserves.

Hellboy

What does the Magpie faithful think about him speaking about his future and whoring himself to the rich clubs on daily basis Sewelly ?

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Excellent news if its true, I have always thought he was a class player, but was afraid he would move to Liverpool. If we can offload porridge for 12.5 million you say? Thats criminal, hes really not worth that much.

adamwest

Porridge, ha. Ba would be a steal for anyone at that price and would drastically improve Chelsea.

Giggsforever

Porridge, ha. Ba would be a steal for anyone at that price and would drastically improve Chelsea.
I think so to. Chelsea buy Ba for 7 mill and sell Sturridge to Liverpool for 12,5.
It must feel a bit bitter for Liverpool, again they will pay more and get less than their 'rivals'.

The gap is getting bigger. But, for Liverpool fans he will probably be the most talented left footed player in the PL and a better deal than Ba.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Sky Sources: Demba Ba's representatives do not expect him to join Chelsea after unproductive meeting & will now begin talks with other clubs.