Oppressed White Male
Cheers Gaz

Now I need to grind out 25 strikes before Xur leaves

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
5482 posts in the destiny thread :lol:
Not bad for what is meant to be a disappointing game

I cannot put my finger on it, but I find it very addictive

But If they had an amazing story, characters, lore and variety. And if the tower was as busy and populated as the city in Mass Effect they could have had one of the all time great games IMO

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
2030 again for the last bit of the strike again tonight lads?

If so can I ask a favor, can it actually be 2030 that we kick off if that's ok? I've got a presentation tomorrow that I need to be fresh for, and I want to finally get this fecking raid beaten, but not at the expense of everything else :)

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

But If they had an amazing story, characters, lore and variety. And if the tower was as busy and populated as the city in Mass Effect they could have had one of the all time great games IMO
Yeah it's incredibly addictive. It is a shame about the story, although I held off before buying so I knew the story wasn't great so don't feel short changed.

afrocentricity

Agreed, fingers crossed they get it right with the next one...

Browniee

If so can I ask a favor, can it actually be 2030 that we kick off if that's ok? I've got a presentation tomorrow that I need to be fresh for, and I want to finally get this fecking raid beaten, but not at the expense of everything else :)
Can't make the raid tonight, can do tomorrow night.

Kaos

Anyone have experience of Scout Rifles in PVE?

I have 150 crucible marks to spend with the New Monarchy. I already have the Vanquisher VIII rifle I got from a drop but it has shite perks, was thinking of just buying it with the New Monarchy for the nice perks, or to take my chances with a scout rifle.

Cina

I'm surprised people are still so invested in this. Honestly, I found it one of the most disappointing games ever. No story, shit voice acting, horribly repetitive.

Ducklegs

Can't make the raid tonight, can do tomorrow night.
That is fine by me, I have no problem with not attempting again till tomorrow night, it means we can keep at it as long as we like.

I can also then get this weekly and nightfall out the way ready for when Xur arrives, grind the last bit of vanguard rep to take me over rank 4 and see what it gives me, and get 150 vanguard marks for a decent sniper.

Last week I ended up spending my marks on a hand cannon, and didnt get enough coins for a weapon.

Got 28 at the moment, so if he has something decent I wont feel cheated.

PlayerOne

Anyone have experience of Scout Rifles in PVE?

I have 150 crucible marks to spend with the New Monarchy. I already have the Vanquisher VIII rifle I got from a drop but it has shite perks, was thinking of just buying it with the New Monarchy for the nice perks, or to take my chances with a scout rifle.
Scout rifles are decent if you like to sit back and take the AI out, but IMO they're terrible close range. I use a auto rifle and I only use a scout rifle when I need to, which isn't a lot.

Kaos

I'm surprised people are still so invested in this. Honestly, I found it one of the most disappointing games ever. No story, shit voice acting, horribly repetitive.
Yep, pretty much.

Still can't stop playing it though honestly.

Kaos

Scout rifles are decent if you like to sit back and take the AI out, but IMO they're terrible close range. I use a auto rifle and I only use a scout rifle when I need to, which isn't a lot.
I thought as much, looks like I'll just buy another (less crappy) Vanquisher and use vanguard marks for the Devil You know handcannon.

gaz1185

Cheers Gaz

Now I need to grind out 25 strikes before Xur leaves
What have I done? :lol:

You're doing the Bad Juju bounty too, I'm on the same point, I've done 18 strikes so far so I'll be grinding some later on tonight before Xur comes if you want a hand with them. Looks like the Crucible part of the bounty might be a slog.

PlayerOne

I thought as much, looks like I'll just buy another (less crappy) Vanquisher and use vanguard marks for the Devil You know handcannon.
That's what I would do. I have two legendary scout rifles and I rarely use them, so that should tell you what you need to know, so I reckon your marks are better spent on something else.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
What have I done? :lol:

You're doing the Bad Juju bounty too, I'm on the same point, I've done 18 strikes so far so I'll be grinding some later on tonight before Xur comes if you want a hand with them. Looks like the Crucible part of the bounty might be a slog.
Yeah I just want to get to the Xur part before he leaves after this weekend, otherwise I have to wait another week which will piss me off.

gaz1185

Yeah I just want to get to the Xur part before he leaves after this weekend, otherwise I have to wait another week which will piss me off.
Yeah me too, I actually forgot about the Xur section of it until you mentioned it, so I'll need to get those strikes done soon or I'll probably forget.

Adam-Utd

I am happy to jump back in if somebody else can't play. Should be able to get back onto Atheon fairly simply.

Ducklegs

I am happy to jump back in if somebody else can't play. Should be able to get back onto Atheon fairly simply.
Yay!

As long as I dont end up on the relic again and coping all the sighs and head shaking for being utterly wank at it.

Adam-Utd

Yay!

As long as I dont end up on the relic again and coping all the sighs and head shaking for being utterly wank at it.
Ha, It's not as easy as it looks is it!.

afrocentricity

Yay!

Thought you were quite good with it during the Atheon fight...

I am yeah. My work mates are still loitering around the level 25 mark and when we are all online at the same time they aren't the best of players. We do enjoy the game but im desperate for a new map or something and VoG would provide that!
Should be enough XB1 caf lads to get a raid group going by now... I know they aren't the most vocal but there are more than a handful iirc...

Ducklegs

Ha, It's not as easy as it looks is it!.
Things just dont work as fast for me as they used to do, I am even worse when I am tired, relying on my twitch reflexes to carry us through the last battle is a recipe for disaster.

afrocentricity

I can also then get this weekly and nightfall out the way ready for when Xur arrives...
I'll help you with the nightfall Duck...
I have a legendary scout rifle that is the mutts nuts fwiw... some times you want to hang back, especially during some high level content. My shots explode and I have a long range scope on it... I'd say get it to have the option, but each to their own playstyle...

Edit: This one...

Kaos

I have a legendary scout rifle that is the mutts nuts fwiw... some times you want to hang back, especially during some high level content. My shots explode and I have a long range scope on it... I'd say get it to have the option, but each to their own playstyle...

Ahh balls, I'm with the New Monarchy so the one they have is this one:

Edit: Wait, those are pretty much the same stats right? :lol:

afrocentricity

Thats the one with the same perks as mine I think, it looks nice too. Would go with my shaders...

I got mine through a drop and tried it out and realised it's a good weapon in situations when you want to snipe or just hang back, it's a beast for those 100/200 critical damage bounties too...

Ady87

That Scout Rifle looks insane :lol: I need something like this.

Ducklegs

Thats great for them, but they have had better luck with their drops than most of us have.

If you have the Gallahorn launcher (however its spelled) you can clear out the void to collect the relic in one shot.

A good few of us have maybe one weapon that is maxed out.

I've got two and thought I was doing well, all of that fellas guns are 300 damage!

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
That daily wasn't to hard. Is there anything else you guys want to do? Otherwise I'm just going to go patrol and do public events and such