g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Destiny | Rise of Iron launch

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I haven't done the weekly nightfall, though not exactly sure I want to :lol:
It was such a bore. It took us ages to finish, I had to sit back and let the other two do most of the work, they died so many times, had to quit and come back in.

afrocentricity

It was such a bore. It took us ages to finish, I had to sit back and let the other two do most of the work, they died so many times, had to quit and come back in.
Understatement...

Spawn, get off a couple shots... receive shot to the face. Leave-rejoin.
Spawn, disorientated by unfamiliar surroundings... receive shot to the face. Leave-rejoin.
Spawn in safety... laugh at Damien receiving shot to the face... receive shot to the face. Leave-rejoin.
Spawn in the middle of adds and receive multiple shots to the face. Leave-rejoin.
Rinse and repeat, ad-infinitum until he died...

PlayerOne

Understatement...

Spawn, disorientated by unfamiliar surroundings... receive shot to the face. Leave-rejoin.
Spawn in safety... laugh at Damien receiving shot to the face... receive shot to the face. Leave-rejoin.
Spawn in the middle of adds and receive multiple shots to the face. Leave-rejoin.
All the ones on Mars are gonna be such a pain, not looking forward to the ones in the future.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Understatement...

I was like that too. First couple of times I was alright and knew where I was. Still only able to put 2-3 sniper shots on the priest before he whacked me though.

Then suddenly I spawned in a place I wasn't sure of and the priest kept managing to kill me before I could hit him

PlayerOne

If only the nightfall could be Devil's Lair every week.
The Nexus one was pretty easy after we decided to not go down.

The Dust Palace is going to be hard work, don't think there's a place to hide.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Can you do the weekly heroic strike more than once a week?

Damien

Staff
The Nexus one was pretty easy after we decided to not go down.

The Dust Palace is going to be hard work, don't think there's a place to hide.
That the one with the Psion Flayers? As long as you stay at the top, clear the enemies then deal with the Psion Flayers one by one it shouldn't be too bad. Problem is you just know that the burn for it will be the one that makes the Psions godly.

PlayerOne

That the one with the Psion Flayers? As long as you stay at the top, clear the enemies then deal with the Psion Flayers one by one it shouldn't be too bad. Problem is you just know that the burn for it will be the one that makes the Psions godly.
Yeah, that one. Sounds easy enough, but most of them who come to the top have shields, add the lack of ammo in the strike and it's going to be a long one. I reckon we're gonna struggle on that, those Psion Flayers can take a lot hits right now, on Nightfall it's going to be much worse.

Damien

Staff
Yeah, that one. Sounds easy enough, but most of them who come to the top have shields, add the lack of ammo in the strike and it's going to be a long one. I reckon we're gonna struggle on that, those Psion Flayers can take a lot hits right now, on Nightfall it's going to be much worse.
If it comes to the worst, surely there's a place one person can hide just outside the 'boss room' and do the old leave and rejoin trick again.

afrocentricity

Still need a lock-on legendary rocket launcher, have a dumbfire solar damage...

PlayerOne

PlayerOne

Thought you were. Your bungie profile said you were 27 though for some reason.

PO, if you could post what we all need to do for that method before we continue the raid around 8:30 that'd be great, cheers.
Three of us still need to go in the portal and two of us can take out Atheon. I'm gonna post some comments:

How does the super to continuously refill?

After the group that teleported to either The Desert or The Jungle comes back out, you have about 30 seconds of awesome to do as much damage as you can. So Supers, Melee, and Grenades regen at a rediculous rate, and you have a major damage buff
Titan striker could do this too. Pulse grenades and the ability to leave the pulse wake behind fist of havoc. He will walk away from those too or use the striker pulse grenade, same effect.
After about 30 seconds, atheon forces the 3 furthest players through a teleport and gets frozen. When those 3 teleported players destroy 7 Oracle's on the other side, Time of Vengeance is active. This lets you have unlimited supers and grenades as well as enhanced damage for about 30 seconds and then atheon will teleport the next 3 furthest away players. He repeats this cycle for the whole battle.

What OP did was he lured atheon up the stairs in the first 30 seconds to position him. Then when Time of Vengeance was up (you can see the timer on the bottom right) he uses his super to knockback atheon enough to push him off the edge and instantly kill him. It usually takes 3-6 cycles to actually kill him (maybe more on hard) depending on what weapons you have.

Tekkers

I'll try using the striker class today instead of the defender one.

Ducklegs

I am happy to give that a shot, certainly better than trying to get in and out 5 or six times.

Ducklegs

Good thing about trying that, is you feck it up it only takes 30 seconds to reset it rather than getting 5 or 6 minutes in and failing trying to do it properly.

tom33

Understatement...

When I did it, I think I did a decent job of surviving, thanks to jumping under the platform. The problem then is ammo! I got to the point of no ammo for any gun on more than one occasion, so the 5 minutes cooldown on ammo packs just becomes the most painfully stupid thing you could imagine. Also, the primary weapon is like a pellet gun when you try and use it on anything with a shield (i.e. those bloody Shanks), so you end up using all your sniper ammo to take out the shanks and have to then use your primary to shoot the boss. Of all the things I've tried in this game, the nightfall strikes are the most ridiculously difficult by some margin.

PlayerOne

Good thing about trying that, is you feck it up it only takes 30 seconds to reset it rather than getting 5 or 6 minutes in and failing trying to do it properly.
Yup, well worth a try. Like I said, just reading around, everyone is pretty much saying it's the best way to do this. Does what I posted make sense to you to guys?

Levo

Band of Brothers
What time are you starting? I've got a football game at 9.20 but can be on till around 9, would like a go if possible. If not then another day.

Ducklegs

What time are you starting? I've got a football game at 9.20 but can be on till around 9, would like a go if possible. If not then another day.
I cant start till 2030 (im saying it again lol) I have to got to the gym tonight as i've only been once this week.

If we can batter are way past the gate keeper section in 2 minutes like we did Sunday or when ever it was when we went back, and we get a handle on how to cheese Atheron like in the video we could be in and out in 10 minutes.

Its doing the gate keeper part that is holding us up, I think we work better if we just play without fear.

We fecked around in the Gorgons maze a bit last night, where as in the end we got through just be going feck it and walking straight down the middle after trying to do it properly.

WE solved the jumping puzzle by just saying "feck that" and jumped across the chasm in one go.

Damien

Staff
Three of us still need to go in the portal and two of us can take out Atheon. I'm gonna post some comments:
Cool, cheers. We should be fine then. So we do what we started doing last week with @afrocentricity, you and @Ducklegs going in the portal and me, @Adam-Utd and @Tekkers on the outside, or should Adam go in the portal as it seems Hunter is the least useful for what we're going to be attempting?

PlayerOne

Cool, cheers. We should be fine then. So we do what we started doing last week with @afrocentricity, you and @Ducklegs going in the portal and me, @Adam-Utd and @Tekkers on the outside, or should Adam go in the portal as it seems Hunter is the least useful for what we're going to be attempting?
That's what I was thinking, Hunters are useless :D

Or Adam can stay on the plate or whatever it's called, while you and Tekkers take him on. My Warlock is fully unlocked, so I can do it too. I'm pretty much fine with everything

mufcwarm92

Iron Banner is good fun. Takes ages to level up though, I really want the titan mark from rank 2 before it goes on Tuesday.

mitChley

Shamwow

It sounds like this raid is entirely balanced around people cheesing it!

Ducklegs

All the guys in the portal need to do is get the oracles killed, they don't even need to get back out if it works,

You need two warlocks to,take on atheron as looking at the video you have to kind of block him in with the nova bombs to force him off the edge.

Ducklegs

It is extremely difficult to do it properly if you are PUG like we are.

For me it is anyway.

Ekeke

Really not, but some cheap tactics work and teams want to put in as little effort as possible

Teams can do it smoothly, properly on hard mode. Just requires communication and people knowing their jobs

Shamwow

Really not, but some cheap tactics work and teams want to put in as little effort as possible

Teams can do it smoothly, properly on hard mode. Just requires communication and people knowing their jobs
I'm looking forward to trying it either way.