Gaming Destiny | Rise of Iron launch

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Did the heroic strike. One of the random blue engrams I picked up decoded into 351 exotic gauntlets! Its for my titan and not my warlock, but still.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
I seem to have stuck a wall at 353. Any gear that drops is already below what i already have and I am getting no luck with ghosts and artifacts.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
How are people at 360+? Just farming heroics or?
I just did Devils Lair 320 strike (go on Earth then set strike to 320 and you still get the 365 max blues at the end of the strike). I can do it 3-4 times an hour.

Some others just farmed Will of Crota. There's a cheese where you can just keep getting drops without ending the strike and that'll rank you up much faster than what I'm doing. Think thats how @Anustart89 got to 365.

Problem area for me was the artifact but best way of getting a higher light one is by doing the SIVA Heroic playlist and getting a Skeleton Key. If your artifact is your lowest light you'll likely get a better artifact from the chest at the end of the strike. Took me about 5 heroic strikes before I got a Skeleton Key though.

Anustart89

I just did Devils Lair 320 strike (go on Earth then set strike to 320 and you still get the 365 max blues at the end of the strike). I can do it 3-4 times an hour.

Some others just farmed Will of Crota. There's a cheese where you can just keep getting drops without ending the strike and that'll rank you up much faster than what I'm doing. Think thats how @Anustart89 got to 365.

Problem area for me was the artifact but best way of getting a higher light one is by doing the SIVA Heroic playlist and getting a Skeleton Key. If your artifact is your lowest light you'll likely get a better artifact from the chest at the end of the strike. Took me about 5 heroic strikes before I got a Skeleton Key though.
Yeah, I did the Omnigul farm for a few hours, then infused my other characters up with the blues I got. Have Hunter and Warlock at 365 now, probably going to do the first raid on the Warlock just for the self-res possibility.

Artifacts have been dropping from every skeleton chest for me so far, and the drop is based on LL, so just keep opening those chests @Razvan .

Damien

Staff
Yeah, I did the Omnigul farm for a few hours, then infused my other characters up with the blues I got. Have Hunter and Warlock at 365 now, probably going to do the first raid on the Warlock just for the self-res possibility.

Artifacts have been dropping from every skeleton chest for me so far, and the drop is based on LL, so just keep opening those chests @Razvan .
Yeah the good thing is once one character is 365 it shouldn't be too hard to get the rest to there.

Razvan

Cheers. Didn't know Devil Lair drops loot up to 365 too. Think I'll do that for a while and then try heroic playlist for the chests.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

Just looking through the strikes, the only one not brought up to 320 is the nexus

bosnian_red

Artifacts lagging way behind at 351, my guy is 358 so everything else is around 360. Tried using skeleton keys, used 4 of them so far and I only got an artifact on the first one that I used at early 350s (to get that 351). Always been like a butt towel 1 level higher then what I have.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Artifacts lagging way behind at 351, my guy is 358 so everything else is around 360. Tried using skeleton keys, used 4 of them so far and I only got an artifact on the first one that I used at early 350s (to get that 351). Always been like a butt towel 1 level higher then what I have.
Level up your factions and pick chroma there is a chance it will drop high level artifacts and Eris morn leveling up

bosnian_red

Level up your factions and pick chroma there is a chance it will drop high level artifacts and Eris morn leveling up
Tried this 4 times today, and 5 skeleton keys today overall. No artifacts. I think the game is just screwing with me, all my items are 361/362/363, and theb my artifact is stuck at 351. Its funny because below 351 I was getting a ton of artifacts and they were my highest light level, and then I just hit a wall.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Tried this 4 times today, and 5 skeleton keys today overall. No artifacts. I think the game is just screwing with me, all my items are 361/362/363, and theb my artifact is stuck at 351. Its funny because below 351 I was getting a ton of artifacts and they were my highest light level, and then I just hit a wall.
I'm getting a lot of blue engrames that are in the 200s light, when I do get artifacts it's a plus 1, but by the forums Eris is the best bet for artifacts

bosnian_red

I'm getting a lot of blue engrames that are in the 200s light, when I do get artifacts it's a plus 1, but by the forums Eris is the best bet for artifacts
Ill try eris. Do i just do court of oryx for that? I got rid of a few of those bounties earlier cause they were taking up spacd

Anustart89

Finally managed to complete the raid. Only one character left now. Raid scout is amazing

Anustart89

Congrats. Don't think I'll be able to do this raid.
This one could be a little bit tough since you have to do callouts and adjust on the empowerment bit at the final boss, but I don't think it's impossible. All the parts up until the last phase of the last boss are easily doable.

Damien

Staff
This one could be a little bit tough since you have to do callouts and adjust on the empowerment bit at the final boss, but I don't think it's impossible. All the parts up until the last phase of the last boss are easily doable.
Cheers. I think I'll just continue to do strikes and stuff until my light level is in mid-370s.

bosnian_red

Cheers. I think I'll just continue to do strikes and stuff until my light level is in mid-370s.
I thought the max you could get from the strikes is 365? The only pieces I got above that were the random legendaries I would get to decode above that, but even still, that would take painfully long to get to 370 that way

Damien

Staff
I thought the max you could get from the strikes is 365? The only pieces I got above that were the random legendaries I would get to decode above that, but even still, that would take painfully long to get to 370 that way
Some streamers managed to get to 380 before the raid was released so looks like its possible to do it in a manner that doesn't take so long.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
The factions go up to 365/70 i think, if you are levelling on 3 characters it should work quicker just started my hunter today threw some of the blues from my warlock in to my hunter gear and crossed over weapons and iv already got a few higher value weapons and ghost from the package i had saved

bosnian_red

When I did nightfall as a 365 I got a 370 SGA as a reward.
Yeah I got a few things above 365 from nightfall, though I actually feel like archons forge is probably the best way. Been doing it and getting a decent amount of legendaries and also stuff above 365. Its just a matter of getting a decent group together to play it long enough

Anustart89

8 hours, you Maniac :lol:

Where would you rank it out of the other raids ?
I really like it. It's not as long as King's Fall which is a massive plus. As people learn it you'll be able to bust three runs out in an evening, which is a massive plus in my book. Mechanics are fun and the amount of coordination needed makes it an enjoyable experience, albeit frustrating at times.

freshibal

the ultimate combination is genius and insanity
I really like it. It's not as long as King's Fall which is a massive plus. As people learn it you'll be able to bust three runs out in an evening, which is a massive plus in my book. Mechanics are fun and the amount of coordination needed makes it an enjoyable experience, albeit frustrating at times.
That sounds good,
I didn't particularly enjoy Kings fall, it felt like alot of the fun was sucked out by the mechanics.

Neelu

The problem with King's Fall was that the Oryx and Daughters fights had no room for error. Plus no matter what you have to get 4 rotations in the Oryx fight no matter what level you are. Which means the chances of someone fecking up always remained high.

bosnian_red

My usual group for destiny tried the raid last night for the first time, made it to the siege machine bit but kept dying on our way back with the parts or running out of time. Seems like one of those where you need a perfectly smooth run to do it

Neelu

Damn the last boss is hard. Tried it with three different groups and could not get past the first damage phase in all of them.

In other news a group of three has completed this raid flawless :eek: