Gaming Destiny | Rise of Iron launch

freshibal

the ultimate combination is genius and insanity
Completely missed the Destiny train when it came out. Bought it last month when the Taken king version was going cheap on PlayStation store. Its been touch and go if players are available to do the story quests but generally have managed ok and have my titan up to 294 light.
Might be a good time to start out if you have order Rise of iron, this thread might be buzzing if alot of the usuals return.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
You guy's gotten more excited for this the longer it's gone on ?
Went from zero hype to 100 a few days ago. This is one game I'll always have a soft spot for.

My characters are dead low in terms of light (314) as hadn't played since they changed the light cap from 320 to 335 (I think) but suppose it doesn't matter as the stuff awarded in new story quests will probably bring light up.

Damien

Staff
Are we going to get the band back together for some epic watching you fall off ledges action?
I'm up for it. Think Brocky and afro have quit though and sticking with Elder Scrolls.

I did improve with my jumping skills in the taken king :D But after playing a bit of Prison of Elders last night I'm rusty even with the basics so there'll be more laughs as I struggle with simple stuff.

paulscholes18

Quite amazing. Don't think it had been like this for the other launches.

@paulscholes18 are you a brand new player to this? Welcome aboard if so
Yes, new I read that you get a L40 Guardian so you won't have to wait ages for me to level up. Is there a message board on the PS4 like there is with The Division

Damien

Staff
Yes, new I read that you get a L40 Guardian so you won't have to wait ages for me to level up. Is there a message board on the PS4 like there is with The Division
Done.

This is the first launch without the last gen as well
They've now added a queue system. I'm at position 113,160

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Are you on about group chat, if not there is the bungie page and app to find players to do the raids, but more so the nightfall and POE stuff

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
How much is this? Torn on whether to jump back in to destiny again. Thought the Taken King expansion was brilliant and yet I've never actually done a raid or any of the modes that require a party of friends to team up. All my mates stopped playing it and I usually miss the boat on caf raids due to not getting on early enough. This one is supposed to be even bigger than the TTK too.

Seriously tempting though, it's a class game.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
How much is this? Torn on whether to jump back in to destiny again. Thought the Taken King expansion was brilliant and yet I've never actually done a raid or any of the modes that require a party of friends to team up. All my mates stopped playing it and I usually miss the boat on caf raids due to not getting on early enough. This one is supposed to be even bigger than the TTK too.

Seriously tempting though, it's a class game.
Umm..No. This is between the House of Wolves and TTK.

gaz1185

Wow, still a lot of activity going on with this game, didn't expect it to keep going so strong. I haven't played this since a few months after The Dark Below expansion came out, is it worth getting back into?

Neelu

Ah right most of the articles I've read today state it's "Destiny's biggest expansion yet" I take it that's just marketing guff then.
Well, content wise it is smaller then TTK considering TTK was a revamp of the whole quest system and introduced 3 new sub classes. This expansion is actually a stop gap DLC because Destiny 2 got delayed by a year. That does not mean that its low on quality, but you can manage your expectations accordingly.

Neelu

Wow, still a lot of activity going on with this game, didn't expect it to keep going so strong. I haven't played this since a few months after The Dark Below expansion came out, is it worth getting back into?
From what I read, if you have not played the taken king then you should definitely jump in cause the game has come a long way since the vanilla days.

Woodzy

I was left out of the loop with Destiny, because I originally bought the Destiny special edition with the first two expansions. The, The Taken King came out and I couldn't just buy that for a discounted price, I had to splash out another £40 for all of the games, despite owning vanilla and the expansions.

I could have picked up The Taken King in the last few months for cheap enough, but i've always felt that I really shouldn't be spending more money on it after the £60 spent on launch.

Marcelinho87

Anybody wanna add me on PSN as I have had the Collection delivered today, won't be on it until tomorrow night though as I work until late.

Matty_8787 is my PSN

Edit: Also gotta add I am new to Destiny on the PS as I had it on xone beforehand.