Television Dexter | New Blood finale has now aired. Avoid the thread until you've watched it

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
don't get me wrong season 3 was still very watchable, just not up to the the standard of the other two seasons and this one.

Out of interest; how many more seasons has Dexter been financed to run?

I was starting to think the writers were out of ideas, but this season has got me thinking that there are still ample possibilities and directions the show can go in. The series does seem to have a good level of longevity.
They reckon another 2 tops.

Oh yeah This spoiler is a rumour for this (s4) and next season guys. Just a rumour mind.
Debs might be getting killed off. That and Rita cheating is whats meant to send Dexter over the edge. This season will not end on a high.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
I'm not sure how I would want Dexter to end (The whole show I mean). 3 scenarios spring to mind -

Dexter goes to prison - family falls apart knowing what he done, everyone is distraught knowing his real identity
Dexter gets killed on the hunt - family never knows why he died, he is remembered fondly
Dexter never gets caught or killed, series ends on 'happy note'

I think scenario 3 might be a bit to conventional, it's the one most series would go for. I'd prefer number 1 or 2 as I reckon they would be just fecking immensely emotional.

HsJ

I'm not sure how I would want Dexter to end (The whole show I mean). 3 scenarios spring to mind -

Dexter goes to prison - family falls apart knowing what he done, everyone is distraught knowing his real identity
Dexter gets killed on the hunt - family never knows why he died, he is remembered fondly
Dexter never gets caught or killed, series ends on 'happy note'

I think scenario 3 might be a bit to conventional, it's the one most series would go for. I'd prefer number 1 or 2 as I reckon they would be just fecking immensely emotional.
Dexter loses his "dark passenger" after finally discovering why he has an inner need to kill people.
Dexter loses it, and ends up killing more innocent people and turns himself in.

There are loads of other endings.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
As long as they don't go down the route of the books it will be alright.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
Just finished watching it. It's probably the best tv series I've ever watched, the only thing that I can think of right now that comes close is Band of Brothers.

Loved it when Dexter just went mad on Trinity and the twist at the end was excellent, can't wait for the next one. Dexter's been showing more and more emotion which is why I think he might lose control and kill the guy who kissed Rita.

air_mood

Judging by the preview at the end of the show, looks like it's building up to an excellent ending. Some of the predictions on this thread might just be true as well.

Biscuit1871

Dexter loses his "dark passenger" after finally discovering why he has an inner need to kill people.
Dexter loses it, and ends up killing more innocent people and turns himself in.

There are loads of other endings.
I pretty sure it will be the top one, Dexter losing his dark passenger. Anyone watched E10 yet?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I really need to obtain Season 4 of this, but I like to watch them all together, how many episodes have been shown and how many are there to be in the complete season?

air_mood

I pretty sure it will be the top one, Dexter losing his dark passenger. Anyone watched E10 yet?
Already did, Like it's been with the rest of this season, it was an excellent episode. Look out for the oreview to the last 2 episodes at the end. Makes it unbearable to wait for the final 2.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Enthralling episode last night.

I assume that Dexter's penitence for taking an innocent life will be that he'll have to let a guilty one go. Trinity will be captured by police or take his own life. Now that Metro has Trinity's daughter it won't take long for them to put the pieces together.

air_mood

Enthralling episode last night.

I assume that Dexter's penitence for taking an innocent life will be that he'll have to let a guilty one go. Trinity will be captured by police or take his own life. Now that Metro has Trinity's daughter it won't take long for them to put the pieces together.
Not if Christine doesn't speak. They had Arthur's DNA for quite a while just that they weren't able to match it to anyone's since Arthur doesn't have a record

The episodes for the 2 upcoming weeks does look immense.

twitter thread suggester
I personally always avoid the trailers, I'd rather go into an episode not knowing anything about what's going to happen.

Good episode, though not quite as good as the previous one. We learn something new about Arthur in every episode.

kps88

feck me that trailer for the last two eps looks fecking epic!!

Moultz

feck me that trailer for the last two eps looks fecking epic!!
true that! Holy shit. That last episode was just like a bit of a downer to make the last two fecking intense?

Anyone feeling double episode?

just trying to pick out some significant bits of that trailer.

Looks like he kills someone (not trinity. from the grotting in the car)
Punches that neighbour who kiss rita in the face
When Arthur says hes stood outside your house i think its his daughters as he is leaning on a green/yellow fence?
Deb killed off?!? (Gambits suggestion?) Seems to be a woman with long brown hair?
The guy who comes in the door with Dexter up against the wall with a syringe doesn't look like Arthur but more like Harry? (possibly a randomer)

kps88

true that! Holy shit. That last episode was just like a bit of a downer to make the last two fecking intense?

Anyone feeling double episode?

just trying to pick out some significant bits of that trailer.

Looks like he kills someone (not trinity. from the grotting in the car)
Punches that neighbour who kiss rita in the face
When Arthur says hes stood outside your house i think its his daughters as he is leaning on a green/yellow fence?
Deb killed off?!? (Gambits suggestion?) Seems to be a woman with long brown hair?
The guy who comes in the door with Dexter up against the wall with a syringe doesn't look like Arthur but more like Harry? (possibly a randomer)
You missed what I felt was the most significant part. Trinity was actually in the police HQ, looking at their conference room and their board with Lundy's unsolved murder in it.

Moultz

You missed what I felt was the most significant part. Trinity was actually in the police HQ, looking at their conference room and their board with Lundy's unsolved murder in it.
i felt that was obvious. Sorry i was just picking out the parts that may be a bit more mind boggling than the others

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Another great episode and holy shit the next two weeks :drool:

kps88

i'm thinking if deb finds out about dexter's mum, is she going to realise the significance of the ice truck killer?
Yes infact I think that's more important than the mother part. They'll probably save that for the finale and then use it next season. There are so many directions they can go with that information.

Man I wish they had a double episode to finish it off. The wait inbetween next weeks and the week after is going to be unbearable.

Any idea if the finale's going to be extra long?

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
hé kouroux... dexter est plein de dextérité

air_mood

Yes infact I think that's more important than the mother part. They'll probably save that for the finale and then use it next season. There are so many directions they can go with that information.

Man I wish they had a double episode to finish it off. The wait inbetween next weeks and the week after is going to be unbearable.

Any idea if the finale's going to be extra long?
Same thing. The wait for the next season will still be unbearable.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Great episode. I really had my doubts about the Trinity Killer, but the interactions between him and Dexter have been excellent so far, looks like it's gonna be a great finale.