Diogo Dalot | Done Deal | Speaks better English than Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I didn't changed my opinion 1 year after. Excellent signing in terms of potential, not based on the present, for me he is the best player born in 1999 from Portugal, possibly he and Ruben Neves are the biggest talents Porto produced after Ricardo Carvalho.
Looks a fantastic talent and extremely complete. Surprised by how skillful he appears in the clips. Also, is it certain that he would play on the right? Because in clips I've seen, he also seems to play a fair deal on the left.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Looks a fantastic talent and extremely complete. Surprised by how skillful he appears in the clips. Also, is it certain that he would play on the right? Because in clips I've seen, he also seems to play a fair deal on the left.
The only thing I say to you and the other posters here is I see him based on potential with 19 years as the best right fullback we have in Portugal, compared with Cancelo, Semedo, Ricardo Pereira, Cedric, Abel Xavier in the past or others.

Of course that doesn't mean nothing based on the present context. And the present context is Manchester United, a even bigger pressure on him to perform, improve and to show his potential isn't based on the fact he played 7 or 8 games for the first team, but on what he has done mainly at UEFA Youth Tournaments, Under 20 WC and Uefa Youth Leagues.

And I say right because he only played on the left side as a short term fix. If this was 10 years ago with Ferguson and Queiroz guiding him I would be more or less relaxed. Now in 2018 under Mourinho I will reserve my judgement.

The only thing I say is don't compare him with Bebe, this kid won the under 17's with Portugal in 2016, was present on 2 UEFA under 19's in 2016 and 2017, and a Under 20 WC on the same year, and possibly 2 years competing on the Uefa Youth League, only didn't played on the last stages this year vs Chelsea because he already played for Porto first team.

Last but not least I think he also played for the Porto B teams who won the under 23's Premier League International Cup.

He is rated by international scouts for what he has been doing in this type of contexts not what he did for 7 or 8 games in Porto first team.

Possibly United anticipated the fact he had 1 year left on his contract and signed him before he renewed and Porto raised the release clause.

A signing for the future. ;)

RedCurry

The discussions in this thread remind me of Martial’s transfer thread.

As far as I am concerned, if this kid’s got pace, intelligence, stamina and can whip in a good cross I don’t care if he’s not one of those big established names.

The BlackGaijin

There is a youtube video titled "Welcome to Manchester United?..This boy can dribble and cross very well. Are we sure Mourinho is not turning him into a winger who can defend?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There is a youtube video titled "Welcome to Manchester United?..This boy can dribble and cross very well. Are we sure Mourinho is not turning him into a winger who can defend?
He's simply signing a modern day fullback. They do those things, infact that has become their main responsibility as they are often the only outlets at most clubs.

Trizy

Everyone talking about valencia like he has been dogshite for us. He has been playing through injury FFS.
Injuries have nothing to do with him bombing forward on a counter attack or spacious wide position and cutting back and back passing. Over and over again. Injuries also have nothing to do with him not being able to cross the ball, ever.

No one hates Valencia, he's been a brilliant servant for the club. An absolute rock in defense and very consistent too. It's the fact we're crying for width to help break down teams and Valencia offers zero going forward. The problem with playing inside forwards (Sandro left - Mata/Lingard right) is you need your full backs to offer a lot in attack too.

MUFC OK

Hope we tie this up quickly, there's always a chance that Barca or Madrid come in and match our offer and he does a U-turn. It's been going on for a fair few days now.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Everyone talking about valencia like he has been dogshite for us. He has been playing through injury FFS.
There are claims he needs surgery. The reason that might not have happened is that if that goes ahead, think his time here is done.
Can't see him recovering from a 6/7/8 month lay off and coming back to a high level at his age.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Injuries have nothing to do with him bombing forward on a counter attack or spacious wide position and cutting back and back passing. Over and over again. Injuries also have nothing to do with him not being able to cross the ball, ever.

No one hates Valencia, he's been a brilliant servant for the club. An absolute rock in defense and very consistent too. It's the fact we're crying for width to help break down teams and Valencia offers zero going forward. The problem with playing inside forwards (Sandro left - Mata/Lingard right) is you need your full backs to offer a lot in attack too.
He had a pretty average season. He did what he always does. People praised him for his 2016/17 performances which were pretty much the same last season too. Expectations were higher last season maybe and the collective failure of our attacking unit again kind of exposed his shortcomings.

There are claims he needs surgery. The reason that might not have happened is that if that goes ahead, think his time here is done.
Can't see him recovering from a 6/7/8 month lay off and coming back to a high level at his age.
Pretty much. He has had a few surgeries in recent times.

Bestietom

This guy is an out and out full back who prefers the right side but can also play left if selected to play there. It's time we got proper full backs in our side rather than makeshift ones. We also need youth, mobility, and be able to cross a ball acurately, in these positions.

Beaucoup

Hope he's not being brought in to cover both flanks, don't think I could handle another year of Valencia and Young

SLBenfica1904

Supports
SLBenfica
Minute 0:30 and 0:36 to listen how is name should be pronnounced, although Dalot Is not a portuguese name and is probably french.

Dr. StrangeHate

United fans on twitter:

'We don't anymore Mourinho 29 year olds! We need to start investing in young players that we can mould and work with.

*United heavily linked a young RB whose highly rated and can be coached by one of the best defensive managers in the business*

United fans on twitter:

'Never heard of this guy! We need proven talent not some kid whose played a handful games in Portugal!!'

The club can't win sometimes.
They won't be the same people complaining about both. United have 100s of millions of fans, ofocurse you can't keep all of them happy regardless of who we buy.

rpg

Darmian youtube videos were impressive as well back then.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
My point is how can we be sure he's good enough to solve our problems at right back. I'm not saying he wont be great, God knows I hope he's outstanding, but how can our scouts tell he's exactly what we need after him making so few senior appearances
You really need this explained? He is obviously coming in to be groomed after Valencia. Is that not obvious?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Darmian is a good full back he just couldnt hack it in the PL. Why does that mean this lad wont? Not every foreign player is the same you know
Show me where he says this lad won't hack it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why would we pay more than the clause?
As Dalot has been raised at Porto, he doesn’t want to cause the club any harm or leave on a sour note. That’s why it’s claimed
one of the few demands he’s made to Manchester United iss to pay Porto more than the €20m release clause
Although Record claims that this fee agreement is still to be done, A Bola says that the transfer fee should reach €24m.
http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-man-united-medical-next-days-announcement-signing-soon/

Status
Not open for further replies.