Diogo Jota

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I thought everyone was saying they couldn't afford 30m for Thiago the other day!

Godfather

You know what? No matter who they sign. You just know Klopp will turn him into something useful.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Jota is not a striker, but rather a hardworking forward.
His dribbling, pace and ability will be an ace on the sleeve on those tight matches.

Rajma

Same as with SAF it almost doesn’t matter that much who they’ll get at the end Sarr/Jota/Werner whatever he touches will turn gold. It must have been awful being Liverpool fan all those years but now they got really lucky with Klopp.

Kostov

Same as with SAF it almost doesn’t matter that much who they’ll get at the end Sarr/Jota/Werner whatever he touches will turn gold. It must have been awful being Liverpool fan all those years but now they got really lucky with Klopp.
It's no luck, they obviously made a very good and planned decision. They previously had a very good coach in Rodgers. Compare that to the morons leading our club, it's no luck.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
We didn't go to Vegas and throw £100 into a slot machine hoping to win big. We saw that he was available and made a move for him. He said yes and it's worked. Luck plays a part in football but this isn't that. This was just sound recruitment which is paying dividends

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
But Wolves fans said he wasn't good enough for them anymore, he was inconsistent etc etc etc?

laughtersassassin

Klopp and Edwards have Liverpool so well run.

Replaced that bum they had up front who couldn't score and signed a world class CM.

And that's after winning a CL and PL.

We wasted our entire summer. Our club is so depressing in its lack of ambition.

It's not even a money thing it's a competence things.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Who needs him when you can get a rental for Ighalo + Cavani while paying 200k a week to Lingard

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Already scored more for them than Firminio has in the whole of 2020 :lol: :(

Idxomer

When you have a recognized system, it's easy to integrate new players in your team.

Sylar

When you have a recognized system, it's easy to integrate new players in your team.
And when you're on top. It means you only need one or two signings who can have time as well and not be needed to deliver from the getgo ASAP
And no desperation

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Any chance he can still turn out to be crap?

This is a strange one. He's never stood out anytime I've watched Wolves. Looked a hard working busy attacker but nothing special. And apparently (not been watching Liverpool) is now tearing it up for Liverpool. Can't they feck up a transfer or two?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Unsurprisingly looks far more potent than No Impact Bobby.

Also, funny to see how a big side with ambition went for him, and not teammate Adama Traore that was getting rave reviews from fans during his purple patch, who has only started 3 of Wolves 7 matches this season. I caught some flack in Adama's thread, but I am unsurprised to see it's turned out like this.

keithsingleton

Klopp getting the best out of yet another signing that looked decent at Wolves but most definitely better at Liverpool. He did same thing with Robertson

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
His technique seems to have gone into another stratosphere since he got there. Whether this is a golden patch or his new level remains to be seen. If it's the latter, that's... problematic.

Gazautd18

Rated him at Wolves.
Now he's on fire for "them"
Could not make it up....

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brilliant signing for them.

Easy to forget how young he still is.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's not through luck that Liverpool find these players.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Unsurprisingly looks far more potent than No Impact Bobby.

Also, funny to see how a big side with ambition went for him, and not teammate Adama Traore that was getting rave reviews from fans during his purple patch, who has only started 3 of Wolves 7 matches this season. I caught some flack in Adama's thread, but I am unsurprised to see it's turned out like this.
Perhaps you caught flack for being kind of an arse in that thread?

Think he gets a harsh rap over his end product, he's only recently turned 21 and there's a lot of natural talent there. Would have loved us to get him.
(Said as a Swansea fan)
You'll hear this sort of thing about him for the next 3-4 years. He's hardly the first tricky physical winger who has absolutely nothing going on upstairs whose career will amount to nothing.

I already said virtually the same thing on the first page, lo l
In general you seem like a pretty friendly poster and I usually find myself agreeing with your thoughts on football, but instead of quoting my post to engage with me you did it to tell everyone how wrong I was. Career will amount to nothing? Highly sought after and was capped by Spain last month. Good call.

Sylar

How long are vvd and Thiago out for?

Not that it will matter in the end

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Perhaps you caught flack for being kind of an arse in that thread?

(Said as a Swansea fan)

In general you seem like a pretty friendly poster and I usually find myself agreeing with your thoughts on football, but instead of quoting my post to engage with me you did it to tell everyone how wrong I was. Career will amount to nothing? Highly sought after and was capped by Spain last month. Good call.
An arse? You burst back in that thread to quote me after Adama managed to finally string in some good performances — 3 years after my original post! Amount to nothing was an obvious overstatement by my original quote, but what I did mean was that he wouldn’t be hitting the highest levels of football — basically what Jota is doing right now. A Spanish cap (at the age of 24) is an achievement, I suppose. It is a bit of a weak Spanish generation, mind.

Anyway, this is Jota’s thread — I only mentioned Adama because unlike Jota, I still don’t believe he has, or will have, what the top sides need in a player. It’s nothing personal against you, fella.

Jota appears to have that killer instinct, annoyingly. He’s on 10 goals in all competitions for club and country this season.