Diogo Jota

Mufc7777

Klopp was persuaded by the scouts to move for Salah ahead of Brandt as they were very passionate about him.

Klopp went cold on Götze when it became apparent he was holding out for cl participation and generally have off an air of entitlement than coming with a point to prove (and simultaneously, it probably would have been difficult to complete it with Götze's own reservations even if we weren't fuzzed about them).

Werner fell through because our owners refused to spend anything at that point and Chelsea were happy to give him an exciting offer without waiting around.

It's a bit of everything and a good portion of luck. But I reckon we make most of our luck by having the right targets in the pool to choose from in the first place and the right setup to make the most of them when they come in.
Wow who are your sources, or is this what you read on sky sports ??

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
My thoughts as well. Jota was used to the league, is young, full Portuguese International, versed in a system that required high pressing & work rate from its forwards, he looked technically good & a good finisher. He was prime for a step up. I'm just surprised Wolves let him go so easily & reasonably, given how ambitious they claim to be, & how well off they seem.

I was putting him in the same ball park as the likes of Maddison, Grealish, Zaha in terms of value, very good attacking players but players you would find hard to prise out of their clubs.

When I see Jota & Ziyech going for the price of a Pepe roughly, it hurts a little inside.
Wolves fans didn't rate him much as, iirc, they said he isn't really consistent and didn't expect him to be for them. They did say if he steps up then Liverpool have a great signing.

Red00012

If he joined Utd in the summer would we be getting the best out of him ?

Bonjers

Supports
Wolves
Wolves fans didn't rate him much as, iirc, they said he isn't really consistent and didn't expect him to be for them. They did say if he steps up then Liverpool have a great signing.
He's dynamite when he's on it - he's had spells like this as a Wolves player but they were followed by periods of real frustration. That said, it is going to be easier to continue those spells when you're playing in a top class team with a world class manager in a system that is absolutely perfect for you. Sometimes you just have to accept that another team/manager will extract more from a player than you can and the time is right for a change. We're not always the best outfit for extracting output from our forward players, Raul aside.

A good move for all parties and most Wolves fans (barring the idiots) wish him all the best and acknowledge his importance to getting us to the level we're currently at.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
The guy is on fire, he will surely score again City this sunday with any luck. He looks unstoppable & Firmino won't be happy.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
They know more than me I suppose. From what I've seen of him at Wolves, given his age & all, & given our shortcomings, as an Arsenal fan I'd have been pleased to sign him for what he went for, although I've no doubt certain elements of our support might have had a bit of snobbery about him.

Ziyech as I mentioned before is another that for this qualities & his cost would have been a no brainer if we had funds, there's lots of Arsenal fans me included have been crying out for him since we'll before we signed Pepe.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
My thoughts as well. Jota was used to the league, is young, full Portuguese International, versed in a system that required high pressing & work rate from its forwards, he looked technically good & a good finisher. He was prime for a step up. I'm just surprised Wolves let him go so easily & reasonably, given how ambitious they claim to be, & how well off they seem.

I was putting him in the same ball park as the likes of Maddison, Grealish, Zaha in terms of value, very good attacking players but players you would find hard to prise out of their clubs.

When I see Jota & Ziyech going for the price of a Pepe roughly, it hurts a little inside.
Yeah, surprising that so many are surprised. He had already proven what a good player he is. And the once you mention would all be hard to fetch for that relatively paltry sum he went for.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Constantly finding undervalued assets and then massively increasing their value once they join. Annoying as feck, but their recruitment system is right on the money in recent years.
Its not just the recruitment. Jota would probably look ordinary for us. It is also massively about team they enter.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Its not just the recruitment. Jota would probably look ordinary for us. It is also massively about team they enter.
Oh, absolutely agree. It is hugely connected and much easier to get your recruitment on the money when they go after the profile that fits their system in the first place.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
He was average for us (Porto) but it's a glaring case of a player with a great competitive mentality and smartness in the game. You can be a hard worker but still often take a bad decision when playing. Jota is not like that. He works hard but he's very smart which makes him extremely dangerous around the box. He will always see an opening, a mistake from the opposition waiting to happen. Credit to Klopp for seeing what he could bring but it's still early days for him.

Davie Moyes

I agree with this. Liverpool are just miles ahead at the moment in how they are run as a football club as a whole. This includes management, coaching, training, board level, recruitment etc.

No wonder a very good player like Jota slots in so well. To give credit to the Liverpool recruitment staff they also seem to have this knack of spotting players who are about to explode e.g. Salah, Mane, Jota etc. This would sort of fit in with Wolves fans of the opinion he could blow hot and cold. To be fair he is young and now coming to an age where he is becoming more mature as a player.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Excellent post. Just look at Klopp's career - so many players took the next step to great or world class under him. Even those that were already good became great. Can't think of a single one of his Dortmund bunch that had much of a reputation before him. Amazing coach, sad as it is for a United fan to admit, seeing where he's working his magic now.
The funny thing is that so mamy also were not no where nearly as good without him.

Sahin, Kagawa Mikhtaryan...

bsCallout

I honestly dont understand how people think this was some incredible diamond in the dirt find.

Jota was a top players with clear talent, clear attributes and was joining a team that suits him to a T whilst not even in his prime.

He was a pretty obvious signing.

Some of you need to stop the snog fest with Liverpool.

Rossa

When United win 5-0 over Leipzig, we mostly played like a drunken pub team, according to pundits and many United "fans". When Liverpool win 5-0 against Atalanta, it is the most impressive and best result any team has ever achieved in the history of time, and that includes the time travels done in Avengers Endgame. Jota is the best signing that has ever been made, and the finishes he made has only been matched by another Liverpool player, ever. When a Liverpool signing starts well, it is the greatest thing since sliced bread (why is that the greatest thing, anyway?), and he is an unparallelled sucess that will last a lifetime.

I mean, I can swallow that crap when talking to Liverpool players or listening to pundits that need to be relevant or whatever the feckityfeck they are on about, but on Redcafe? People want to downplay everything and anything Solskjær does and our own players, and instead jump onto the bandwagon called Liverpool.

U99ted

When United win 5-0 over Leipzig, we mostly played like a drunken pub team, according to pundits and many United "fans". When Liverpool win 5-0 against Atalanta, it is the most impressive and best result any team has ever achieved in the history of time, and that includes the time travels done in Avengers Endgame. Jota is the best signing that has ever been made, and the finishes he made has only been matched by another Liverpool player, ever. When a Liverpool signing starts well, it is the greatest thing since sliced bread (why is that the greatest thing, anyway?), and he is an unparallelled sucess that will last a lifetime.

I mean, I can swallow that crap when talking to Liverpool players or listening to pundits that need to be relevant or whatever the feckityfeck they are on about, but on Redcafe? People want to downplay everything and anything Solskjær does and our own players, and instead jump onto the bandwagon called Liverpool.
The negativity is down to the total lack of consistency from Ole & co. We looks like world beaters against 2 of last season’s CL semi-finalists, then fail to score in 180 minutes against Chelsea and Arsenal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Playing alongside Salah and Mane also makes it easier.

They work so hard and move constantly, they are also huge individual threats so the defence can't concentrate on him alone.

Jota has had a great start and much needed as Firmino looks very complacent these y days.

RuudTom83

His Liverpool career has started well, but lets see how he does over a full season.

Josh 76

Good post.
Was listening to talksport last night and even Jason Cundy of all people was wanking over Liverpool. Never heard so much "immediate reaction wanking" over a game.

Atlanta just played into their hands and Jota has become the best player in the world. The same Jota was getting abuse for playing crap in the last CL game against the unknowns.

GlasgowCeltic

the absolute fury from many at the seemingly blasphemous idea of potentially replacing or providing genuine competition for the Utd front three with Sancho or Grealish while Liverpool have upgraded what was already the most fearsome attack on the planet

Ekeke

the absolute fury from many at the seemingly blasphemous idea of potentially replacing or providing genuine competition for the Utd front three with Sancho or Grealish while Liverpool have upgraded what was already the most fearsome attack on the planet
That comes from them costing more and having a much bigger reputation, therefore expecting that they want to play often. Jota had a good reputation but could have been a sub all season

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
When you look at our front line yesterday, none of them were actually top of klopp's shortlist. If he had gotten his first choices at the time, it would have been

Brandt-Werner-Gotze

Think we did alright though.
I am pretty sure Klopp wouldn’t have had a ’short list’, that he was trying to push, it’s not how he works, but like any coach/manager will suggest players. Some they sign, some they don’t, because it isn’t possible at the time (i.e. with Werner), or other players become the focus as they are seen as better options.

To be honest, Brandt would have been fantastic for him and Liverpool, he’s a player who’d suit his team well, and I’ve no doubt he’d have taken him to a whole different level. It’s what he does.

Fussball13251

He's on a 2018 Salah run. I still believe that we should have bought him. More competition up front the better.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Bet you've changed your mind about that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Klopp has an eye for players that often makes us all look daft.

Klopp’s ability to improve players really is astonishing. No one looked at Jota and saw a player capable of the scoring run he’s on.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Klopp’s ability to improve players really is astonishing. No one looked at Jota and saw a player capable of the scoring run he’s on.
I'm not saying I saw it - but you could see it to some degree already at wolves.

The difference between alot of fans and a world class manager though is they might talk about Jiminez and Traore being the more obvious option whilst not noticing Jota who would go on scoring runs for Wolves too.

Web of Bissaka

I'm just surprised Wolves let him go so easily & reasonably, given how ambitious they claim to be, & how well off they seem.
Surprise?
His performances at Wolves wasn't "worldly", it's not like he bang in the goals always. Liverpool's system is too good, maximizing potential of attacking players like him that fit in well like gloves hence the improvement in scoring rate.

Also the high transfer prices is very tempting and useful. Wolves could easily use those for 2-3 positions improving their whole team.

This saying player A play well in one team therefore should or should've been playing well in other team is always wrong.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I'm not saying I saw it - but you could see it to some degree already at wolves.

The difference between alot of fans and a world class manager though is they will talk about Jiminez and Traore whilst not noticing Jota who would go on scoring runs for Wolves too.
I was guilty of that. I often watched Wolves and thought Jiminez looked like the player we should be looking at. I thought he was a natural alternative to Firmino but Jota has been outstanding.

I was never fully sold on Traore. His price tag is hilariously outrageous.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

Have you read this thread? There are a ton of people who were practically begging for us to sign him

Fussball13251

Everybody knew that he was one of Wolves better players. Him and Buben Nevez: /watch?v=jAoXKCc-nzo

We should have bagged the two of them. And we should have signed Ziyech.

Last edited:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Have you read this thread? There are a ton of people who were practically begging for us to sign him
You know I actually didn’t read the first page. Bravo @Feed Me for calling where he’d end up a year before we signed him.

Fussball13251

Surprise?
His performances at Wolves wasn't "worldly", it's not like he bang in the goals always. Liverpool's system is too good, maximizing potential of attacking players like him that fit in well like gloves hence the improvement in scoring rate.

Also the high transfer prices is very tempting and useful. Wolves could easily use those for 2-3 positions improving their whole team.

This saying player A play well in one team therefore should or should've been playing well in other team is always wrong.
He was deeper at Wolves. Klopp is signing technical players: /watch?v=nCI1l4SJflQ You might not think he was good enough but Klopp knows.

Look at the ball control as he movies it around.

/watch?v=IyqvWYy5tLk

Look a his ball control, first touch, flexibility on the ball, etc.

Best player on the pitch against Sweden.

Last edited:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
You know I actually didn’t read the first page. Bravo @Feed Me for calling where he’d end up a year before we signed him.
I try not to visit this thread too much :lol:

He has turned up at Liverpool and already made himself a first team fixture.

Unreal (and very annoying) impact.

Welbeckham

I literally stuck him in my FPL team for the whole season 19-20, showed big promise in 18-19, but his last season was slightly disappointing.

He’s a perfect Klopp signing in a sense. He’s obviously always had great potential if you’ve ever watched him, but bit like Mane and Salah, seems to start to banging them in for Liverpool. All of his best attacking signings were the same age (23-25) too.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Surprise?

It's not a slight on Wolves, or the player. It's more a sense that now that teams outside the top 6, clubs such as Palace, Leicester, Villa etc can afford to turn down offers for there better players in the main, or demand top money at least, & I just assumed Wolves would put up a fight or demand silly money for the likes of Jiminez, Traore, Jota, Coady, Neves, who I don't think are 'worldie's' either. Obviously I was wrong on their standing of Jota.