Diogo Jota

Fussball13251

We should have signed him and Neves. He was drawn deeper at Wolves. He's more in the opponents half at Pool. That makes a difference that you're more in the opponents half now.

We should still look to sign Neves

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Of course he is. That’s how it goes this season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Said it at the time, and now it's looking even more crazy, that deal was strange as feck. Paltry sum given his ability and proven league quality, not even paid up front, and no competition for it.

What a deal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Said it at the time, and now it's looking even more crazy, that deal was strange as feck. Paltry sum given his ability and proven league quality, not even paid up front, and no competition for it.

What a deal.
I don’t know if we could get as great a deal but Raphinha would be a similar sort of deal if we could get him. Same age, same sort of level Jota was playing at for Wolves last season.

marktan

Klopp playing him in a meaningless fixture in the CL and him subsequently getting injured has fecked their season.

Sylar

They've missed him badly

Getting him just in time to get top4 and their cl games

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don’t know if we could get as great a deal but Raphinha would be a similar sort of deal if we could get him. Same age, same sort of level Jota was playing at for Wolves last season.
Same here, would absolutely love Raphinha.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Neto will have a similar trajectory when he joins a top club I reckon.
Even when at Wolves Jota was more of a goal getting than either of them

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
He was shite
:lol: ok or just England were shite.

We had Shearer, Sheringham, Ferdinand, Cole etc vying for places and later Owen coming through, by then he had a knee injury which ruled him out of WC 98 and in euro 2000 he was in the squad but didn't play because England went out in the group. Can't fault him for that.

bakalhau

Looks like we might not be going back to below average strikers after CR is gone from the national team after all.

laughtersassassin

They're a club who knows how to make good signings that's for sure.

Hired the right people in their transfer committee.

bakalhau

For everyone asking me, Portugal had a rough patch in terms of strikers for a few years, not in the Pauleta/Nuno Gomes era. A bit after.

For a period, in Portugal we'd moan the most about not having a striker on par with the rest of the team's level. We would just have subpar strikers in comparison to other field positions.

Nuno Gomes, well, that's my actual name too, so I liked him obviously :lol: he was good, and more so with his back against the goal. Eder is a god.

Still, I think Jota can reach a level above our nation's top strikers of the last 15 years, CR not included.

Reactions: Cheimoon

The Serb

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
Yes Keita has been an absolute gem at £60m
Keitas a great player but his injury record is dreadful. Still, for every 1 dud they end up with they seem to get 5 class players. Unfortunately their recruitment is top notch but not only that so is their coaching team in making them go up another level.

Champagne Football

Do y
For everyone asking me, Portugal had a rough patch in terms of strikers for a few years, not in the Pauleta/Nuno Gomes era. A bit after.

For a period, in Portugal we'd moan the most about not having a striker on par with the rest of the team's level. We would just have subpar strikers in comparison to other field positions.

Nuno Gomes, well, that's my actual name too, so I liked him obviously :lol: he was good, and more so with his back against the goal. Eder is a god.

Still, I think Jota can reach a level above our nation's top strikers of the last 15 years, CR not included.
Do you think Pedro Neto can reach that level?

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen

What a deal.
The type of business that as a club, we're galaxies away from making.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

With Jota, Felix, Bruno, Silva, and of course Ronaldo, it seems Portugal finally had a good attacking unit to challenge for trophies?

Ronaldo - GOAT, all time best goalscorer, already scored 31 goals this season, but he's 36 though
Bruno - one of the best and most impactful AM in the world
Felix - one of the most talented and exciting youngster in the world
Jota - reliable striker, in a good goalscoring form this season (8 goals in 13 PL games)
Silva - classy attacking midfielder, his form drops abit in recent years though

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bloody hell how do Livepool manage this. These aren't even hidden gems. The guy was playing in the Pl for years and you'd think scouts from other clubs would have seen his potential. I mean, I didn't but I'd have expected them to.