Dishonoured

MichaelS

I've completed the first 3 levels now(including the tutorial mission)

Liking it very much so far. Once you get the hang of it it's very fun and the artstyle is great. I hope there is a new game plus. I'm sure I'd want to replay the game, but I imagine going hunting for the runes and what not get's old the 2nd time around.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've tried to be as non-lethal as possible so I probably will play-through it again killing everything.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just finished it. The trophy I got was 'Just dark enough' for finishing with low chaos.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah it's not that long.

There's no new game plus, that's a bit shit. I wanted to use all my powers on the earlier levels.

Bebe

Holy crap Solius, that was quick. How many hours do you think it was? I just entered the golden cat and it's been probably 5 or 6 so far for me.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Last finished I finished the Lady Boyle and it's given a fair amount of time to assess the game.It's a great one and I've loved every minute even if I think a mute character is extremely lazy and cheap by the game's directors.
I love the teleportation+ kill combo.

Count Orduck

I've been trying to kill every hostile I can. Leave no one alive, I say =D I hope that's reflected in the ending.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
saving doesn't work, if i quit i have to start again

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just finished it again but with the ultimate not giving a feck playthrough.

I killed everything.

As soon as I could, I killed Pierro, Sokalov and Samuel. Then in the final bit, Havelock takes Emily to the top of the tower, he says if I come closer he'll jump with her. I throw a grenade at them, he flies off and she holds on. It tells me to save her but I just watch her lose her grip and fall.

Apparently the whole city has gone to shit and everyone is killing each other. It showed me at Samuel's grave looking sad :lol:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It took me about 3 hours to complete the 1st main mission. And I still ended up killing most people.

Did all the side bits and collect all runes etc...

MichaelS

It's difficult to be merciful in a game where it's so much fun killing people. I think playing through it peacefully would be boring.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
saving doesn't work, if i quit i have to start again
If you downloaded this for your computer, then I had the same problem. You have to just keep making new saves and delete the old ones. Auto saving and overwriting doesn't work.

MichaelS

I completed this now. Awesome game

Wish it was a bit longer and had some more missions like the brothel and masquerade ones. And a new game plus, so we could play the early missions with all the powers

Anyway fantastic game.

Can't decide whether I should go all evil or all merciful in the 2nd playthrough when I get started on that.

Definitely gotta work on my stealth, ended up in an open battle against more or less 15 enemies at the same time in the last mission.

Bebe

It's difficult to be merciful in a game where it's so much fun killing people. I think playing through it peacefully would be boring.
I think I'll end up immediately playing through again murdering the shit out of everybody, it seems like much more fun considering the powers you're given. I'm killing as few as I possibly can right now (think I'm up to about 10 total) and its definitely fun and challenging, but I'd really like to send swarms of rats at people.

Count Orduck

Yeh, I really wouldn't search on the Pirate Bay, given that it's monitored by pretty much everyone nowadays. You're asking for a letter from your ISP. Seriously, public tracker = fail.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Did u help her cook that guy? I couldn't help it
I did, it's impossible to play these games without murdering people :lol:
She was annoying with those rat swarms she kept sending before I figured how to kill her (I had to since no one has to be alive).Btw I also killed that little fecker of Samuel in the start of the last mission.

Count Orduck

I've fallen in love with just slowing time, jumping into the middle of a pack of enemies and then cutting them down in a few brutal seconds. I am become a whirling maelstrom of slicing death.

Cina

Finished the first two missions, it's awesome. The graphics are really poor for a PC game but I'll let it slide cause it's so smooth to play.

It's pretty impossible to go entire missions without killing anyone at all though.

Cina

Nah they're poor, compare it to PC games like Skyrim (made by the same company) or Witcher 2 and they're really crap.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I think the graphics are very good - it's a very different art style to Skyrim in that it's designed to look like a painting - its not meant to look realistic.

Am really enjoying this game. Right now choosing a stealthy approach, although haven't been able to avoid killing anyone. Al already looking forward to a more violent playthrough!

Count Orduck

Exactly, it's deliberately stylised.

Seriously, if you think those are "poor" then I guess you don't find any graphics impressive, ever.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nah they're poor, compare it to PC games like Skyrim (made by the same company) or Witcher 2 and they're really crap.
Ashley Young is poor compared to Ronaldo. Doesn't mean he's outright poor.

Cina

For a PC game, they are poor. Pick pretty much any FPS on the PC that was released within the last two years and they look better, bar a few.

Cina

Exactly, it's deliberately stylised.

Seriously, if you think those are "poor" then I guess you don't find any graphics impressive, ever.
Crysis 2, Farcry 2, Witcher 2, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2.

That's just such a stupid thing to say considering that there are many games out there than look better than Dishonoured.

Kaos

Dishonored wasn't developed by Bethesda, and it runs on the now dated Unreal 3 Engine. Skyrim had its own dedicated 'Creation' engine and it still didn't look that great on the PC.

/Nerd mode off.

Cina

Skyrim still looked a lot better than this though.

Cina

Well I did specifically say "PC Game" Sol, so your statement was clearly pointless :)

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Im playing on console and thought the graphics were a bit poor.

I am starting to enjoy the game though. Its not a classic but very good