Do we want to lose to City?

SirAF

Ageist

If any of you have any influence with your players, please ensure they understand that Man City have to win the league. It surely must be the lesser of two evils for you guys.

The red sh*te fans are unbearable at the best of times and have no class. Take a loss for the bigger picture
Cheers mate. You are spot on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A draw would be enough for Liverpool. Probably. And it is not a unlikely result.
That's the issue.

You cannot possibly see Pool dropping a point from Huddersfield, Benitez and Wolves. Wolves have been good against the top 6, but they'll be totally beached, and you can't go against the team with something to play for.

That's why Pool should be slightly gutted we didn't win today, as we'd have been so deep in the top 4 battle we couldn't possibly drop off.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Evertonian and Scouser here in peace.

If any of you have any influence with your players, please ensure they understand that Man City have to win the league. It surely must be the lesser of two evils for you guys.

The red sh*te fans are unbearable at the best of times and have no class. Take a loss for the bigger picture
Yep. It sounds small time, but in a few months time, no one would care about our loss, but we'd certainly know about a Pool title win

Chipper

Adulterer.
Yes.

Not sure I can cheer for goals that City score. Might even half-heartedly (quater-heartedly?) celebrate if we score as a reflex instinct. I can laugh if we miss chances and ultimately want to lose.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well I would cheer for City. My step dad is going to fecking wallow. I’m still happy that Liverpool ain’t getting it. Anyone from the area will understand.

PSV

If we got smashed by Everton only to turn that into a performance of the year display against Man City (and by that handing Liverpool the title on a platter) I'd actually be more disappointed than I am today.

C'est Moi Cantona

Arsenal losing, and likely to lose at least once more given their fixtures, so we'll make top 4 if we win all our games, very unlikely as we are so bad atm, but I'll be hoping we can beat City no matter what the consequences.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The way United are playing it will be a walkover for City.
Agree with this.

We should spend a year playing Europa League football and rebuild the club and the team from scratch.

Besides, if Liverpool win the PL we'll have all these Liverpool fans acting like peacocks all over social media and here too - no thanks!

Paul_Scholes18

I am at the point when I just don't care much about the result. Just want us to put a decent performance and show some ideas for the future. Also for us to actually bench players not performing nor fighting for the team.

Andy Hill

So who is actually going to celebrate if we score on Wednesday? Are we going to get behind the team or will we be be bringing in City plastic flags to support their title challenge? Don’t give a feck which team wins the league, but do care about us turning up and putting in a shift after today’s performance. The way some on here talk they might as well apply for a Season Ticket at the Etihad.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So who is actually going to celebrate if we score on Wednesday? Are we going to get behind the team or will we be be bringing in City plastic flags to support their title challenge? Don’t give a feck which team wins the league, but do care about us turning up and putting in a shift after today’s performance. The way some on here talk they might as well apply for a Season Ticket at the Etihad.
Most will celebrate during the game, then the horrifying truth will dawn on them post game when they go on their computer and all the suggested sports articles are talking about the League-CL double for Liverpool. Van Dijk will be hailed as the best defender since Maldini, Klopp as good as SAF and Henderson as the best midfielder in the league. It's like having a wank to some questionable fetish video and the post-wank regret leaves you depressed for a week.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I have a horrible feeling about this one.

It's one of those where EVERYTHING points towards a City win, but with a derby game you just know United will turn up and get something.

It feels nailed on for me, it would be just the game that this United team would turn up for .. the only one most of their fans don't really want to actually win.

Sterling Archer

It's one of those where EVERYTHING points towards a City win, but with a derby game you just know United will turn up and get something.

It feels nailed on for me, it would be just the game that this United team would turn up for .. the only one most of their fans don't really want to actually win.
:lol: did you miss the last couple months? This United team will probably lose the match and go party at Mendy's house after

breakout67

Supports
Man City

I've just watched one of the worst performances in this season (that takes some doing). After needing a response from the Barca defeat we concede 2 goals in quick succession and then down tools for the rest of the game. At 4-0 down, Everton were first to every ball, busting a gut to counter attack and could have scored more.

It's one of those games that makes you lose complete faith as a fan. Because there was no fight left in these players, they had top 4 to play for and put out that. No one seemed to care, they felt no emotion. At least kick and scream on your way down, not take a spanking like a child. I would have been much happier if our players went wild and got themselves all booked from wild challenges, it actually shows they care.

Bojan11

Watch these wankers turn up for City and probably Chelsea then all their fans will start saying they deserve pay rises in their respective threads. Even if we win all remaining four games and make the top four, I hope we don’t just be happy with making the top four.

Steven-UK

It really is a horrible position to be in. I will be at the match, and I am wondering it is even worth it, because we are in a no win position now.

CA_vampire

I want us to beat City, but in the last 8 games we are W2-L6, so I don't think it is possible to beat them.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Seems like a sure bet then with us given about 7.50 odds to win.

lysglimt

Scout
Winning our last 4 games would probably still give us a C.L spot - it isn't likely that we will do it, but to even ask if we should risk our C.L spot to avoid Liverpool winning the League ? Wow - some fans!

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Yesterday was Liverpool’s only realistic chance of dropping points for the remainder of the season after the Chelsea game passed and they got through unscathed (albeit with the help of Salah’s cheating once again) so there’s no more room for error. City simply have to win their remaining games. If we’re required to help them in that quest, so be it. The alternative is simply unbearable.

Ever Moas

This forum's spent the last couple of years rooting for City anyway so this shouldn't be much of a dilemma. How long are United fans gonna meekly accept being second fiddle in their team's own city? Or even encouraging it. fecking pathetic. They aren't going away.

3-0 to them anyway. United can duke it out with their rivals Everton again next year.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
This thread :drool:

I like how some (most?) United fans are praying for their team to lose against City at Old Trafford, so City can win the league. I will let that one sink in.

I like that the fear of us winning is so strong that you'll sacrifice almost anything to prevent that from happening.

I kind of understand you. You have laughed at us and mucked us so hard in the last 25 years, that some Liverpool fans will welcome the turnaround of the roles with wide open arms and be ready to stick it all right back at you.

Oh.. And I like how evertonians are coming here to support you in losing the match after they have just given you a historic beating.

Marcus

It's arrogant of us to even think that this is within our control.

Jerom

Nope... proper fans should always want United to win every time.
This.

Do we really look at other teams at this stage? We need to dust ourselves up. I don't really care if City or Liverpool will be the next PL-champion. I want us to fight for a top4 spot, regardless if it will succeed.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I like how some (most?) United fans are praying for their team to lose against City at Old Trafford, so City can win the league. I will let that one sink in.

I like that the fear of us winning is so strong that you'll sacrifice almost anything to prevent that from happening.

I kind of understand you. You have laughed at us and mucked us so hard in the last 25 years, that some Liverpool fans will welcome the turnaround of the roles with wide open arms and be ready to stick it all right back at you.

Oh.. And I like how evertonians are coming here to support you in losing the match after they have just given you a historic beating.
Hopefully we go full rawk and purge people like you who come to a United forum to make posts like this.

I think you’ll find we barely talked about you for 25 years. It was you who was obsessed with us and despite the ‘roles reversing’ you still all are. In fact more than ever it seems, judging by how many there are here now, desperate to show off to the big boys.

Vadim

Come over and gloat when tracksuit twat has actually won a trophy.

Until then, feck off.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

The smugness oozing from this post. And this is betore you've even won anything. Nauseating.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Honestly. Imagine the kind of shit this cnut would serve up if that actually won a trophy.

I fecking hate that club and their fans. There's so many reasons to hate them, but I'll leave this one just here:

Treble

Your post sort of explains why. You have the temerity to talk like that on a United forum, imagine the situation in real life. The atmosphere at the ground might be a bit flat and a major reason for it is what would follow if you won the title, let alone the double.

Last edited:

Coxy

It's arrogant of us to even think that this is within our control.
This. We don’t have a chance anyway.

But if we did - I would never advocate us losing - I hate Liverpool, but hate City more. I’ve said before, Liverpool built their way to the top, I respect that. City bought their way.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Yes you can enjoy re reading your post when we actually put a good effort on on wed (unlike Liverpool's v Chelsea that year with the Stevie slip dodgy backpass). But probably fall short as we're a lot weaker than city and massively off form

foolsgold

In any given situation I want Manchester United to win. Liverpool or City as champions ? Slight preference for city, but really not bothered which one wins, frankly two really good teams, either of which would deserve it.

Given the choice of Liverpool champions and us in the CL next year versus City champions and us playing on Thursday night in Albania against FK Partizani it's option 1 every time.