Do we want to lose to City?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I hope we are losing and both sets of fans join in unison for a stadium wide rendition of "Are you watching Merseyside?".
Play Wonderwall over the speakers as the players come out the tunnel. feck it, let’s make them feel at home.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
We won't be making top 4 now so it would be pretty tragic to take points off City only to finish 5th anyways and see Liverpool win the title.

I mean I don't want the team to do any less than be professionals and do their absolute best to win, I'd just rather we didn't.

Efcinpeace

Supports
Everton
You have to lose. It’s for the bigger picture.

And stop tainting ‘Merseyside’. I’ve no problem with red or blue Manchester fans.

The red sh*te are our common enemy; their fans are the worst in the world.

Take a defeat, let City win the league. Otherwise you won’t hear nothing from dirty sh*te supporters for years

Last edited by a moderator:

FredisRed

Ideal scenario for Wednesday's match....utd take the lead after 5 mins...

Utd double the lead on 75 mins...
City pull one back on 80 mins...
City are level 90 mins...and finally one Aguerrrrroooooo moment on 95 mins.
City win 3-2.
That would destroy the staunchest of Liverpool fans and players altogether.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Since the game in Paris, United have played 8 matches. We have won 2, drawn 0, and lost 6 (!) while scoring 6 and conceding 16 (!). We have been knocked out of two competitions as well. Not sure it's possible to be in any worse form going into the biggest match of Liverpool's season.

Cpt Negative

We're not Arsenal you overvalue top 4. We're not doing anything in the CL next season, feck it off and concentrate on the league.
I think you’re undervaluing the revenue that generates. We’re not dropping salaries by 25% for a laugh. No money means not party.

Sure I read a few years back that no CL really impacts all the sponsorships too.

Smores

I think you’re undervaluing the revenue that generates. We’re not dropping salaries by 25% for a laugh. No money means not party.

Sure I read a few years back that no CL really impacts all the sponsorships too.
I couldn't give a shit about the players salaries or tractor sponsorships. We're not going to go bust over one season and it's not our capabilities restricting our spend this summer

Cpt Negative

I couldn't give a shit about the players salaries or tractor sponsorships. We're not going to go bust over one season and it's not our capabilities restricting our spend this summer
With the amount of investment we need, we’re not going to do that by playing EL football.

Sterling Archer

How much of the branding of Scousers as scum stems from Hillsborough? I remember seeing that used against their fans quite a lot in the past. Now that they've been exonerated, how does that affect the extent of the hatred by folks that are actually old enough to remember football before the mid nineties?

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
How much of the branding of Scousers as scum stems from Hillsborough? I remember seeing that used against their fans quite a lot in the past. Now that they've been exonerated, how does that affect the extent of the hatred by folks that are actually old enough to remember football before the mid nineties?
Lots of it is just petty rubbish

Heysel & Suarez were both reasons if any, but hillsborough should never have been one

Most scousers are sound if unbearable when their team does well

lsd

The Oracle
Three points out if the top 4 and so called United fans want us to lose our next game :rolleyes:

lsd

The Oracle

City win 3-2.

How sure are you that you support United ?

JB7

City win 3-2.
That’s ideal? What a load of fecking shite on here.

Win our games.

Mrdan1709

This thread is a disgrace. We need to get top 4 and people here are actually hoping we lose tomorrow. Embarassing stuff, i would expect to see this type of shitposting on Rawk.

Maybe you guys should just stop supporting United and create a new forum dedicated to hating liverpool?

Paul_Scholes18

Definitely not!, the winners will be the winners, not us. I will never want to lose just to stop scousers running their gobs. If they win it, they win it but they won't be classed as premier league legends other than it would be their 1st Prem title. We have so many more, they will take decades to reach our prem titles so I couldn't give a pooh. I hate the fans and work with loads of them but I would rather any player who wants to be at ot next year, turns up on wednesday and spanks citeh. We have just gone back to the 80's, that's all. Ole may be our next SAF, only time will tell.

Don't want to end this season as a laughing stock, getting thumped by all and sundry. We need to show some balls and say " if you want to win the league, you have to beat us ". Just my opinion.
Totally agree and we can still get top 4. I do think City will win, but we should want to win and do our best. Liverpool can drop points in another game anyway.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Three points out if the top 4 and so called United fans want us to lose our next game :rolleyes:
It's disgraceful. JohnnoWhite is appalled:
RAWK said:
As a United fan of long-standing and also sitting down, I was ashamed to read of our club's 'supporters' wanting us to lose against the light blue basts from City. Now that I've reached the 'F*ck it, I'll have another cake' stage of life, all I see is dabbing 'fans' brandishing mobile telephonic devices and also selfie-sticks - these whippersnappers know nothing about our great club, Liverpool Manchesterer Unity. If only they were REAL supporters, like those humble Liverpudlians. xxx

Luke1995

I don't care who wins the title. It just pisses me off that we haven't even managed to challenge them.

So no, we shouldn't lose to Manchester City, never, ever. We are so much bigger than them in terms of history that every loss or draw to them is a big embarassment.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Never get all fans in agreement.

But for me, a loss Weds is for the greater good, particularly as 4th isn't a trophy.

And I actually think (long term) finishing out the CL will do us good.

OGS needs at least 3 years to build the side his way, and to clear the deadwood. CL next year wouldn't be paramount to this.
Ole needs at least 3 years? Why are your standards so low?

Pellegrini won City the title in his first season. Conte won Chelsea the title in his first season. Guardiola in his 2nd. Mourinho also in his 1st season during his first Chelsea job. Hell, Ranieri even won Leicester a title in his first season.

Then you have plenty of other managers making a good impact within 1 of 2 seasons like Koeman at Southampton, Poch at Spurs, Roberto Martinez at Everton in 13/14.

It doesn't have to take long to build a strong side or have your team drilled to your preferred style.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wow, a bit mad how many would rather lose this game.

You can still make top 4 after this weeks results with Chelsea drawing tonight to add to Arsenal's loss. So why be defeatist. It's just so strange to me. All because you hate Liverpool. Some of you seem to hate them more than you love your own club.

And the irony of it is, you only have to look at Liverpool to see the direction you may go in if you fail to get top 4. It likely won't get any easier to achieve it next season.

freddie the red

We are currently on 20 titles to the dippers' 18 with SAF catching and knocking them off their perches with those 13 Premier League titles before which it stood at 18 - 7 to them.
Comparing their's and our current squads, they are more likely to win another 3 before we win another 1 which would overhaul us so there's no friggin' way I want to make it easier for them by us beating Pep's lot.
I never want us to lose but if City won on Wednesday (which is likely anyway) I won't shed a tear. I can't countenance the grinning idiot leading that lot to ANY titles, let alone 3 to cancel out Sir Alex's record.
The scousers? Feck 'em!

Patrick08

Liverpool will make their own destiny, we should make our own and give everything on the pitch to win our remaining matches.

If Liverpool win the league, it's their hard work, may be that is the kind of jolt required for this club to ignite the fire to be the best again, who knows.

Sterling Archer

Lots of it is just petty rubbish

Heysel & Suarez were both reasons if any, but hillsborough should never have been one

Mos scousers are sound if unbearable when their team does well
Wish more had that reasonable an opinion. Its only football, but I'm also just growing weary of the rampant hate in the world in general. You can be competitive without hatred of that sort. Ya know what I'm saying?

Sauldogba

Still want us to win because theres still a chance of us getting top 4.
Supporting Man united>>>>>Hating liverpool

MrSingh2002

I've never wanted United to lose a game but here it is. Will be strange wanting City to score.

I hate Liverpool.

Was the same feeling when England played Belgium in the World Cup and I celebrated Januzajs goal as it meant England had an easier route in the tournament.

I hate Liverpool.

Swintonred1987

If we play some of the youth then I want us too win. But I don’t want fecking Pogba and co to end up being game raising twats they’ve had their chance to do that for past 3 seasons.

Let’s not start being game raising twats now just to prove a point! And what point that would be proving I’m not sure.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yeah, feck top 4. SAF knocked them off the perch and let them stay where they are.

Wouldn't blame anyone on Wednesday if we lose. All of them get a 7/10 from me.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Regardless of whether or not we will be 'helping' Liverpool win the league, we should always be wanting to win when we walk out onto the pitch.

Top 4 is back on too.