Do we want to lose to City?

Sparky Rhiwabon

I'm telling all you Utd fans who want us to beat City, if Liverpool win the league this year, they will only get stronger. Another 3 titles and another couple of European cups in the next few years is more than possible. In a world dominated by social media and commercial sponsorships, this could be a new era of dominance by them. Having lived through it in the 80's , if was a 24hour fecking nightmare.
On the other hand, if they don't win it this year , they may not recover and I can see it falling apart very quickly.

Any other team going for the title, I wouldn't give a feck. But these are our closest rivals in world football. Their fan base is big as our around the world. Their trophy cabinet is big as ours. They are the only club that scares me of dominating and over taking us In the next few years. It took us 25 years to claw them back , I'm not waiting another 25 years just so we can build some confidence with a win over our neighbours.
Just be careful what you wish for.
I’m with you here. I grew up in the late 70s and 80s in a school where most supported Liverpool and they were dominant and United were a cup side at best. I can only assume that a lot on here who seem ambivalent about the Title destination are either “new” fans or not from the UK (or both). If City win the league, I can just point to the Sheikh and their Oil money. if Liverpool win it, well...

Robbie Boy

The folk in here trying to be all top reddish are hilarious. Any United fan worth their salt would happily take a defeat to City to stop that horrible lot winning the title. I mean, trying to be a top red by actively wanting Liverpool to win the league? Ok :houllier:

tonnas

for the first time, and hopefully last, I dont want us to win or draw the match...

ArjenIsM3

The folk in here trying to be all top reddish are hilarious. Any United fan worth their salt would happily take a defeat to City to stop that horrible lot winning the title. I mean, trying to be a top red by actively wanting Liverpool to win the league? Ok :houllier:
There's a difference between not wanting to lose to City (and lose CL) and actively wanting Pool to win the league.

Barthez

Couldn’t give 2 fecks about Liverpool. I support my own team and I’m willing to put my head on the line here and say that the 65,000 United fans in the stadium tomorrow night will be thinking the same. Wanting your own team to lose at any time is shocking but even more so when there is still a champions league place at stake is bordering on ridiculous!

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbie Boy

There's a difference between not wanting to lose to City (and lose CL) and actively wanting Pool to win the league.
Not really no? At this stage of the season us winning tomorrow would most likely hand Liverpool the title, let’s not pretend otherwise. Imagine having that hanging over us forever more. I mean, feck these pricks, going out getting dicked by Everton they’ll look like pathetic game raising wankers if they decide to turn up tomorrow. feck Liverpool and come on City.

Robbie Boy

No, it just seems that way because they're all on here.
So true. That nearly season under Rodgers was absolutely unbearable on here due to the mass Liverpool fan influx. It’s happening all over again, unfortunately.

tonnas

Klopp, Miner and Van Dyke trying to motivate our players by giving them shit. If the players can't be motivated by their own fans then I doubt some dic#head from Leeds is gonna make much difference. Great to see them collapsing as well at the end of this season, Villa will trounce them in the playoffs.
they can feck off when we lose tomorrow

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Nonsense, we have still been in and around the top spots, mostly been in CL. We have won the FA Cup League Cup and Europa Cup in the post SAF era. We are far from a tested to destruction proposition and frankly the Glazers can't be blamed too much. They paid off Moyes 6 year contract, LVG 1 year, Jose's 2/3 years. They have spent how many hundreds of millions on players.

They might be guilty of not modernising the structure, or going all in, or investing over and above what SAF demanded to ensure the long term outlook was rosier, but it's hardly been the doom and gloom you make out.
Yes exactly we've only won second rate competitions because the owners haven't modernised the structure or spent properly - because they don't care about anything but profit. You call it exactly right. And yet you still defend them.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It doesn't matter what supporters want. As All Turn To Kopites showed, Liverpool fans have been trying to turn wishful thinking into reality for decades and it's only worked once: when Milan were stunned by the sight of a flying starfish.

Andy Hill

For those who want us to lose tomorrow. Are you really so paranoid about a team that has not won the league for 29 yrs that you actually want your own team to lose, even if that means your own team miss out on the top 4, face Thursday trips to the back of beyond, miss out on loads of money and fail to attract the players that are badly needed in the summer?

wr8_utd

:'(
For those who want us to lose tomorrow. Are you really so paranoid about a team that has not won the league for 29 yrs that you actually want your own team to lose, even if that means your own team miss out on the top 4, face Thursday trips to the back of beyond, miss out on loads of money and fail to attract the players that are badly needed in the summer?
Yes

tonnas

Yes, but anyways even if we win we wont make it as we will bottle it!! The players we need should come without CL food, no more prima-madonnas

Cal?

CR7 fan
I personally if I was a top footballer would take 50k a week to be at united over 100k to be at city / Chelsea.
If you were a "top" footballer, you'd expect 250k+? :confused:
Not really
Yes

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Missing out on top 4 for one season is meaningless. Only important for the money men. Players do not care about making up the numbers in the CL, they want money and the prospect of trophies.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Yes, top 4 and a bunch of money to the glazers or a couple of potential big name signings (which has nothing to do with us playing cl football next season or not), none of the above would be more soul/satisfying than seeing Liverpool
failing to win the league.

Pretty standard psychology, trying to fire up our players for City.

El Zoido

Obvious what he’s doing here.

But really, the Everton result is the best thing that could have happened for Liverpool. In a roundabout way we might have Everton helping Liverpool to the title since the nature of the defeat at the weekend should really give the players a kick up the arse.

On another note, how grim is it to have Liverpool being able to throw shade at us like this. Depressing times tbh.

MrBest

I could not care less if Iiverpool won the league. It was bound to happen at some point and if i had to choose, i would take champions league football. Getting in the champions league will be vital for our transition round 4! Saying this, i actually think we will get stuffed tomorrow. We don't want it as much.

Spielmacher

I could not care less if Iiverpool won the league. It was bound to happen at some point
Was it really? Few years ago it looked like they might fall out of the Top 4 permanently. If they win it now it could give them a real mentality push, if they lose they might fall off again.

tom9999

Supports
Ronaldo
I personally if I was a top footballer would take 50k a week to be at united over 100k to be at city / Chelsea.
I doubt it. When the money actually hits, it's totally different. Me and my friend out of law school was recruited by a family firm giving us a starting salary more than we ever dreamed of. We were all in for the first 3 years and telling people around us that we would rather work with a family firm than one of those 'corporate suit' firms that pay double. That offer came last year for the both of us. Essentially giving us a real chance to eventually be in the top 0.5% of individual income nationwide. We both took the offers immediately.

Even if I was one day making 5 Million Dollars a year. If the offer came for 10 Million and I had to abandon a wonderful company to work for a corporate oil sleeze company. I would in a instant. So will 99% of the population. We only think 5 Million is enough and no way we want more because we never made 5 million. Once you are making 5 Million a year, you will want to make 10.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
feck you, Klopp. Your club legend threw away the game just so we didn’t get the title. Karma is a bitch, you male bitch.

thejtrain

I'm telling all you Utd fans who want us to beat City, if Liverpool win the league this year, they will only get stronger. Another 3 titles and another couple of European cups in the next few years is more than possible. In a world dominated by social media and commercial sponsorships, this could be a new era of dominance by them. Having lived through it in the 80's , if was a 24hour fecking nightmare.
On the other hand, if they don't win it this year , they may not recover and I can see it falling apart very quickly.

Any other team going for the title, I wouldn't give a feck. But these are our closest rivals in world football. Their fan base is big as our around the world. Their trophy cabinet is big as ours. They are the only club that scares me of dominating and over taking us In the next few years. It took us 25 years to claw them back , I'm not waiting another 25 years just so we can build some confidence with a win over our neighbours.
Nah, I don't see them fading away. Agree with the rest, though.

Vadim

Yes.

ravi2

Excellent post, some people want to win the battle tomorrow but in the end the war will be lost because of it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I want us to lose vs City. One season out of top 4 is not a problem. We have signed better players without CL to offer, also if we go by reports then we won't sign superstar players. Also most players from French league, Serie A, Bundesliga won't turn down ManUtd just because we are not in CL (obviously with few exceptions)

On the other hand if Liverpool win the title then they still have much higher base to build their team for next season, confidence of defending champions and flood gates might be well and truly open.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yes, top 4 and a bunch of money to the glazers or a couple of potential big name signings (which has nothing to do with us playing cl football next season or not), none of the above would be more soul/satisfying than seeing Liverpool
failing to win the league.

Pretty standard psychology, trying to fire up our players for City.
Even he will realize how shite they are when they don't turn up tomorrow

Kapardin

I want us to lose vs City. One season out of top 4 is not a problem. We have signed better players without CL to offer, also if we go by reports then we won't sign superstar players. Also most players from French league, Serie A, Bundesliga won't turn down ManUtd just because we are not in CL (obviously with few exceptions)

On the other hand if Liverpool win the title then they still have much higher base to build their team for next season, confidence of defending champions and flood gates might be well and truly open.
I get this sentiment. Personally I am not going to celebrate if we win, or if we lose. Almost feel like a neutral for this game, such a shitty state of affairs.

Preferably if the rest of the top 4 contenders drop points on the weekend if we lose this, that would be great.