Does anybody feel el clasico is boring?

aleni

Discuss.. I feel it's boring, especially last year had so many el clasicos ya ribaaaa de rochaaaa...

Feel epl is the superior league right now, especially since chelskit winning the champions league.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Eh....I wasn't so keen on last nights one, to be honest. I think it can get overwhelming rather than boring.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
No.

They do seem to play against each other too often though.

Baxter

Not sure Ive ever found one boring, going back to the late early 90's when I first saw them on tv.

Sky coverage of them I do find boring.
Agree with this. I love watching the matches, but the build up, analysis and chat in the studio for Spanish Football is shite.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
No one makes you watch it. It's two super powers of European Football going head to head.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Normally when you have the best teams or athletes in sports competing against each other it makes for a boring an unspectacular event.

rcoobc

United vs Chelsea, Arsenal and City get played all the time. Upwards of 5 times a season on occasion.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
No, they are nearly always great games.

And Chelsea winning the CL in the way they did has somehow made the PL seem even more inferior to La Liga than before,

Liam147

On Probation
United vs Chelsea, Arsenal and City get played all the time. Upwards of 5 times a season on occasion.
No, they don't.

It's lost its appeal to me now. I didn't pay any attention to it. It's almost like a programme doing the same storyline over and over again. Whereas it used be hyped massively due to the two best players in the world facing each other, they did it that often it got boring to me. We've seen it done before, time and time again, and the chances are they'll play another five times this season. When you can miss two fixtures, and still catch the other four (at least), there may be too many.

I'm not complaining as such, just my opinion that it's lost a lot of its appeal that it once had.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It's year three of the multi-clasico seasons. Before that Madrid hadn't won a knockout match for years so it really didn't happen, and you'd have to go back to 93 for the last time they met in the Supercopa.

So, 2009/10 - 2 Liga as normal

2010/11 - 2 Liga, 2 CL, 1 Copa
2011/12 - 2 Liga, 2 Copa, 2 Supercopa
2012/13 - there will be 2 Liga, 2 Supercopa and maybe CL and Copa matches as well

11 games in 2 seasons and people are almost assuming that there will be 8 this year, and getting bored in advance. :D

The sheer volume of them, and soap opera intensity of coverage, means I suspect everyone's jaded about the hype (including the clubs), though personally I usually enjoy the games.

VoetbalWizard

It's year three of the multi-clasico seasons. Before that Madrid hadn't won a knockout match for years so it really didn't happen, and you'd have to go back to 93 for the last time they met in the Supercopa.

2012/13 - there will be 2 Liga, 2 Supercopa and maybe CL and Copa matches as well

11 games in 2 seasons and people are almost assuming that there will be 8 this year, and getting bored in advance. :D

The sheer volume of them, and soap opera intensity of coverage, means I suspect everyone's jaded about the hype (including the clubs), though personally I usually enjoy the games.
i'm the opposite. i think the more of them, the better. familiarity breeds contempt, the clubs know each other inside and out, the margins get tighter, it is great really.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Despite all the theatrics, cheating and thuggery in those games, there is far enough great football on show to compensate for it.I can never be bored of these fixtures.

rcoobc

No, they don't.

It's lost its appeal to me now. I didn't pay any attention to it. It's almost like a programme doing the same storyline over and over again. Whereas it used be hyped massively due to the two best players in the world facing each other, they did it that often it got boring to me. We've seen it done before, time and time again, and the chances are they'll play another five times this season. When you can miss two fixtures, and still catch the other four (at least), there may be too many.

I'm not complaining as such, just my opinion that it's lost a lot of its appeal that it once had.
Yes they do.

Man Utd vs Man City 4 times last season.
Man Utd vs Chelsea 5 times season before.
Man Uts vs Man City 4 times the season before that.
Man Utd vs Arsenal 4 times the season before that.

That's only the peak of each season, United played those teams in extra games every season.

They are just fixtures! So two of the best teams in the world face each other more than twice a year, who cares. Many would say the Super Cup is only a bit of fun anyway, so why take it seriously?

A few extra Copa Del Rey fixtures, once in a life time Champions League.

No one makes you watch them.

Varun

Staff
Nothing boring about seeing the 2 best sides in Europe playing each other.

rcoobc

I'd like to add than few people where raving on about how unique the United vs Athletic Club and United vs Ajax games where. Totally pointless I thought was the general consensus.

Pocho

Probably the best 3 players in the world in the pitch, no, not boring at all.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Plus all the other good players that are part of both squads.These games are rarely boring, always chances and goals.If people find that boring ...

Mander

Jaded is a better term than bored. Last season I was jaded in advance, knowing we had two more el Clásicos in the beginning of the season, "right after" the CL semi-finals. I of course enjoy nothing more than a win, and I watch them of course, but it gets a bit taxing, mentally, when you play your single biggest rival several times a season.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
No, they are nearly always great games.

And Chelsea winning the CL in the way they did has somehow made the PL seem even more inferior to La Liga than before,
:lol: I'd like you to expand on that

I'm of the opinion that La Liga is marginally the best league in the world now by the way, but how does a CL win make a league worse?

manutddjw

Since Barcelona have been dominating teams with their possession football, El Clasico hasn't really lived up to the hype for me, with the exception being last seasons Super Copa matches. All these El Clasico's matches seem to follow the same pattern; Barcelona dominate and Real Madrid snatch a goal(s) at random. Contrary to the scoreline, the game is usually very one sided.

However, I'll never tire of watching the individual skill that seemingly every Barcelona player has. If you're watching Barcelona for an end to end football match, you'll be disappointed. But if you watch for footballing genius, you'll be very satisfied.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Compelling OP, but no I don't find it boring.

There's plenty of nonsense that goes on and the egos of many participants are out of control mostly, but it's rarely dull (the Copa del Ray final a couple of seasons ago that went to extra-time was pretty boring admittedly, but Jose seems to have grown some balls recently in playing Barca which improves things considerably).

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
El Classico will never get boring for me personally, no matter how much times it is played a season the crowd always gets into it. One beautiful piece of skill and the crowd bellows in joy however a bad challenge and the boo boys are out. It is a demonstration of skill, honor, respect and tradition and everything else good and bad about football.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
United vs Arsenal is probably my favorite football fixture. Two teams that have a go at one another, play attractive football but don't act like a bunch of schoolgirls.

Also, it doesn't help that I simply can't enjoy watching Barcelona's style of football. I've tried lots but I find it impossible. It's brilliantly executed but It's just not my kind of football.

Fal

United vs Arsenal is probably my favorite football fixture. Two teams that have a go at one another, play attractive football but don't act like a bunch of schoolgirls.

Also, it doesn't help that I simply can't enjoy watching Barcelona's style of football. I've tried lots but I find it impossible. It's brilliantly executed but It's just not my kind of football.
I agree with this and will add my own 2 cents. Best modern matchup to me seems to be Bayern vs BVB. So fast paced, technical, etc. These games have had everything in the past 2 years.